Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no idea why mondo doesnt make these runs at least twice the size. it would benefit both parties. we'd get a better chance at owning some nice prints and they'd make twice as much money. idiots, go ____ yourself justin ishmael.

glad i called it quits an hour ago and went to do some errands.

Lol. Right as I park, I get the tweet. Had IM in cart when Thor sold out, made it to CC screen, entered, then sold out during processing... This was all on my phone.

Sounds like a lot of you had the same luck. Oh well, win some, lose many.

my offer still stands, i'll trade a regular Ansin Dracula, Ansin Mummy reg or variant, for any of the Thors. hit me up.

one for one.

Went for the Iron Man variant and struck out. Ah well if I decide to get any of these I will just go to ebay most likely. I'd have a better chance of getting one. Someday, I would think this method they use will backfire but that day ain't here yet.

I got a regular Iron Man. I was playing with my cats and their laser light. Thought..huh, I should check and see if they went up. Checked to see if they went up, they did, grabbed IM. Worked out nicely.

I am sorry to those who didn't.

Had a regular iron man in the cart and got past shipping info, but couldn't complete the order, furthest I got so far though!

Lol. Right as I park, I get the tweet. Had IM in cart when Thor sold out, made it to CC screen, entered, then sold out during processing... This was all on my phone.

I managed to cart the variant Thor before the tweet even went out and I still walked away with nothing.

These releases are getting crazier each time. The Stout Avengers (rumored, but come on...it has to be a Stout...) is going to kill someone. Some poor soul is literally going to have a heart attack.

Sounds like a lot of you had the same luck. Oh well, win some, lose many.

QFT. :lecture

I got a regular Iron Man. I was playing with my cats and their laser light. Thought..huh, I should check and see if they went up. Checked to see if they went up, they did, grabbed IM. Worked out nicely.

I am sorry to those who didn't.

Congrats! Using 2 different browsers I nabbed a reg Thor for JJJ and a variant Iron Man for myself.

I can't wait till they go out of style so I can get what I want like how it used to be.

This might be old news, but just a quick word to the wise, if you wait for the tweet or a FB post to let you know it's up for sale, you will more than likely miss out. There are 1000's of folks trying for these, many of who were constantly refreshing for 5-6 hours.

Oh if you believe the rumors on the poster boards, the run sizes are dictated by the licensing agreements with Marvel, NOT by Mondo employees or the artists.

This might be old news, but just a quick word to the wise, if you wait for the tweet or a FB post to let you know it's up for sale, you will more than likely miss out. There are 1000's of folks trying for these, many of who were constantly refreshing for 5-6 hours.

Yeah, that's a good point. As a matter of fact - mainly because I find the "keep it secret" methods of hardcore Mondo collectors so ridiculous :rolleyes2 - here are a few more helpful hints to those of you newcomers trying to score prints...

1.) As mapman said, waiting for the tweets nowadays is a risky move. Get yourself Google Chrome and install Auto Refresh. Set that sucker to refresh the poster page every 2 seconds or so and watch it like a hawk.

2.) Obvious but sometimes forgotten; Sign in to Mondo's site in advance.

3.) Have your credit card info pre-copied and ready to paste into the number box. Keyboard command that sucker! Remember, we're talking about a game where seconds literally matter.

Obviously, there are a bunch of other variables that will affect your success but those are a couple of the keys that can go overlooked in the heat of the moment. Anyone else have any alternate suggestions or other helpful hints? Let's hear 'em. There are so many people out there trying for these lately, any "secrets" - any perceived edge you think you have - are pretty much rendered mute. Might as well get 'em out in the open and give people a fighting chance.

We're the Freaks, right? We help each other out. :duff

I just want to post in thread page 666.
:devil

20fst9g.jpg

Back