Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, definitely be logged in before the sale. Try to avoid using Paypal, because the redirect and payment confirmation will be slower than you'd like while these things are flying through checkout.

The competition will be fierce, and there will be a LOT of first-timers who get shut out because they're unfamiliar with the site and the checkout process. This is going to be a war zone, the site will probably crash, and there's no telling who will walk away with a set.

If you want a full set, go for the set. But I think that the vast majority of people will be going for the sets, so anybody who goes after an individual and acts fast might have a shot. But don't waste your time trying to get all three in your cart--if there's one you like the best, stick it in your cart and get through checkout as fast as you can, then go back in for the next one (if it's still available). Three days from now, everybody and their dog will be wanting these and there will be an unprecedented amount of traffic on the site. I honestly don't know how it will keep from crashing.

thanks so much for the insight. any hints on when they go on sale?? what i mean is do they usually go on sale at the start of an hour or just random on the time??? im a total newb on this and sorry for all the questions i just havent seen anything i would rather have all year so im kinda already being a downer not thinking i will score a set.:monkey2

I think it's appropriate to not get your hopes up on this one--just wait and see how your luck goes on Monday. I don't assume I'm getting a set. If the site crashes, it's all going to be up in the air. I'm expecting the site to get hammered and crash before the posters even go on sale, just from all the hits leading up to the release.

If you want the heads up when they drop, sign up for the newsletter at Mondo's site, and follow mondonews on Twitter. They almost always send out a Tweet and e-mail when the sale starts.

I hope i can buy the set :pray:

Set FTW!

Santa, this is all I want for Christmas. :pray:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yXQViqx6GMY?fs=1&hl=da_DK"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yXQViqx6GMY?fs=1&hl=da_DK" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

If I miss these....

crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

I wasn't familiar with Mondo posters until I saw the Sideshow newsletter. Now I can't get enough of them.

I think I'm going to start the Del Toro collection, but I missed out on the Blade 2 poster to start me off :(. I can't wait for the Hellboy 2 poster, it looks amazing.

If anyone has an extra Blade 2 poster and is willing to sell it for a reasonable price, please let me know. Either red or yellow edition would be cool.

Thanks!

PS - I'm not going to try for the Star Wars set of three on Monday... so just a little less competition for everyone else :).

This Olly Moss thing is TERRIBLE. It's being posted EVERYWHERE.

It couldn't possibly be worse than the Daniel Danger print last week but. . . yeah. . . every geek on the planet is going to know about it come Monday. I hate these stupid things when they just come down to damn luck.

I really gotta say though, the use of the twin suns as C-3PO's eyes, and even Cloud City as Fett's visor is damn genius. Too bad he couldn't come up with anything for Vader.

The trees do make up the shape of Vader's helmet. It's more subtle but it's there.

I can kinda see how one makes the corner of his mouthpiece, and maybe one curves around to hint at one of his eyes. . . but yeah, it's not nearly as strong as the other two.

I just missed out on a great price on Luke's Destiny, I even set an alarm to wake up on time, but set it for tomorrow instead of today. :gah:

I should take it as a sign to not even bother with this series because I keep missing out, even if it's my own damn fault.

man i really want the set, badly. like i said in a earlier post this is probably my most wanted item all year included the awesome threea stuff that has come out. im gunnin for a set because i really want all three together to we will see. im a total newb at this but i have everything ready to go....i think. ill be with all the freaks on monday battlin this out.

I don't mean to be a peddler, but I figure the guys here appreciate this kind of art more than most that are in the for sale section. I have the set of 6 Ken Taylor Bounty Hunters posters up for sale at about retail plus shipping if anyone's interested in them. They're in the for sale section. Okay, I'm done peddling now.

Back