Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YFjhKx.gif

Beyond the colors, the differences I see are:

1. Thanos in var, Ronan in reg
2. Quinn holding gun in var, holding orb in reg
3. Groot looking straight in var, to left in reg
4. No Star-Lord helmet in bottom right of reg
5. No cassette tape in mid right of reg
6. No Walkman in lower left of reg
7. Ronan holding weapon to side in var, holding weapon across chest in reg

Last edited:
View attachment 124686

Beyond the colors, the differences I see are:

1. Thanos in var, Ronan in reg
2. Quinn holding gun in var, holding orb in reg
3. Groot looking straight in var, to left in reg
4. No Star-Lord helmet in bottom right of reg
5. No cassette tape in mid right of reg
6. No Walkman in lower left of reg
7. Ronan holding weapon to side in var, holding weapon across chest in reg

While I like the colors on the regular better, I like that the variant has Starlord's helmet and Walkman in it. Don't really care whether he's holding his gun or the orb, both look good. I do like Thanos in the variant, kinda wish he was in both but eh whatever.

I never payed this much attention to a Stout regular vs variant....does he usually put differences in them? I always thought they were exactly the same.

Ridiculously sloooooow! They need to fix those servers. Now we'll see eBay slow down with everyone putting them up. :lol

If you got a Regular GotG Stout and are willing to sell or trade for posters from SDCC 2014, please contact me!

If anyone grabbed a Star Lord for whatever reason and they don't want it, will buy for cost+shipping. Was the only one I was after.

if anyone had a Rocket one they don't want (i don't know why really but it would help me) i'd snap it up from you right away for cost+shipping..

here's hoping :)

if anyone had a Rocket one they don't want (i don't know why really but it would help me) i'd snap it up from you right away for cost+shipping..

here's hoping :)

I'll trade a Rocket Variant from SDCC for a Stout GotG Regular.

Yeah. Same happened. Was online 1 1/2 hours refreshing. Got excited when I saw the posters individually go up, click on stout, got so far as proceed to checkout and then boom, their website completely ****s the bed.

Their new mascot should be of a sloth.

They don't even care if their site takes a **** so long as the prints sell out. It's been like this for ages, where it slows down to a crawl or crashes because they're either too cheap to upgrade or they don't want to reduce the money that goes in their pocket. The stouts alone just netted them 45 grand. I bet their takeaway from that could EASILY upgrade their servers.

Seems like no one here managed to get one of these either. I put a post up on the SF about people using bots on Mondo's site. It's kind of sad that it's come to this.

Don't even try anymore. Waste of time. If I want it I work a few hours of over time and buy it. It's bull ****.

I've only ever successfully gotten 2 drops and both dont really count as the first was the moss dark knight rises timed exclusive and Ortiz aliens which was actually sitting there for like 10 minutes. There have been other prints I could have snagged if I really wanted them.

People have been complaining for years about their servers and approach to selling. I'd personally like to see it like ticketmaster where you get to keep it in your cart for however long and if you haven't bought it by then, then you lose it. However I'd take the greater of two evils and have them invest in New servers or more bandwidth. It seems like they run Mondo like it's still a small unknown company despite every single thing they do to the contrary.

I guess I'll just have to hope and see Tyler has some held back and hopefully win one like I did with my django variant.

I hate to say it, but since their site and methods are total crap, Mondo needs to take flipper market out of the equation, by increasing their prices. Since the overwhelming majority flips their stuff, posters like the latest one need to be sold for $200, or more. Yes, I'm serious. The average price for this is already $259.

By charging that much the flippers won't be so quick to take a chance, and people who really want them, might be able to buy them.

Back