Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with anything olly moss that is a lot of wishful thinking.

Meh, I guess we will see. I do think he does demand a higher dollar amount but I feel like this release hasn't gotten as much notice as his previous, nor as impressive. I don't think it will get anywhere near say his Star Wars ones.

Is there any reason the variant cost 40$ more then the regular?
Except edition size and colors.. I'm a noob when it comes to Mondo, but my impression was that variants could have metallic incs/GID and then maybe cost 15$ more then the regular.

give it a few weeks, the prices will come way down. don't give in to the initial sucker auctions

I threw a few bids out there but I know I will be out bid. Now just to see what happens in the next few weeks. If you see a sweet deal holla at me, after you snag one for yourself of course. :1-1:

Is there any reason the variant cost 40$ more then the regular?
Except edition size and colors.. I'm a noob when it comes to Mondo, but my impression was that variants could have metallic incs/GID and then maybe cost 15$ more then the regular.

The only real difference here is the edition size. Sometimes a variant has some changes to the design, which requires the creation of new and unique screens to print it, and that cost gets divided up amongst a smaller number of prints, which can explain the higher price. In this case, they just printed with the same screens in a different color ink, no metallics or glow in the dark. So it's a simple color variant and the $40 price difference is really just because they felt like charging that much. $75 would have been much more appropriate in this case, especially with a run of almost 300 copies.

I was shut out even though I was able to get to the shipping calc screen. After that, it just froze and eventually sold out on me.

However, it turns out that my buddy Tony who isn't really into LOTR was able to get through, so he's giving me his.

Meh, I guess we will see. I do think he does demand a higher dollar amount but I feel like this release hasn't gotten as much notice as his previous, nor as impressive. I don't think it will get anywhere near say his Star Wars ones.

I guess it depends on what the poster is. People with The Bride Of Frankenstein have lowered the pice to $140-150 because of little demand while the Miyazaki posters are in the $350+ range.

Man, I know this is so stupid and ridiculous, but missing out on this guy has put me in a sour mood all day. ****** Mondo.

speaking of Drive, I have a Ken Taylor Drive print that i'd trade straight up for the Moss LOTR Variant.

I dont understand. If the site worked perfect for everyone, why would anyone have a bigger chance to buy a poster? To be honest I kinda like the "thrill" when buying a poster, with shippingcalculation and all that.
On Mondo we are all equally worthless, like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman would say :)

Back