Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know who did that Iron Giant piece, but that's the best one I've seen come out of Mondo.

I feel like that's sucky. Every time they do a screening in Austin and they have prints, there are always some to go up later online. I think they should have continued with that. The Halloween regular was a print I wanted very, very badly. Mark up on ebay is already insane.

I realize it's for charity.

Yeah I would say the Ken Taylor Halloween print > All NYCC prints. Granted I dig the Shaun of the Dead and Iron Giant, but Taylor did a great job on it.

Since SDCC I've come to grips of not being able to get all Uni monsters and LOTR prints. If mondo thinks their best bet is to alienate 90% of their fan base than that is their business model. When a print comes up that I actualy like I will do my best to get it, but there is no way to be a completionist with them so screw em. The days of paying a premium on pieces is over for me. Something would really have to blow me away to spend hundreds on a print.

That said I'm still really really hoping to score a Hobbit print. If they have an Austin only event or some special screening in New Zealand (this is a joke) I will flip. I forget the last print that was a FULL online release that I actually liked.

On a side note I got my creature AP in the mail today with sketches from the artist:

Untitled.jpg
creature002.jpg
creature003.jpg

i need a creature

I'd wait until after their Universal show. I know people are waiting for Ansin to do one. I'm sure he'll either do that or Frankenstein. I believe those are the only main two characters he has not done yet. Then you can decide which you like best. I LOVE the old school movie poster look of this one though.

INK - I'm there with ya. Stressing over the stuff and throwing tons of money are over for me. My walls are almost full and I'm ok with what I have. I'm more than likely selling my Wolfman variant that I just got to long ago and my Ansin dracula variant. BTW I haven't seen it in person, but I heard the drive print is real sweet. Nice score!

Wow, those Creature sketches are extremely detailed and very nice. They compliment the piece perfectly. Congratulations on the score praxitas!

Wow, that Creature print is amazing!!!

Well NYCC was a bust for me. By the time I got to the line there were at least 100 ppl and I went to check out the prints and it was taking them at least 3 minutes to ring each person up. Fugggggg dat! Honestly I wasn't impressed with any of the prints either.

Theres a variant on that Shaun one.

I think I'd like the two Halloween prints alot more if Michael wasn't in them at all. Just more of a low key subtle suburban street, you'd have to look closely to see the Strode Reality for sale sign in the yard and get the referance. The leaves and composition are really beautiful but Mikey just standing in the street looking at us ruins it for me.

I feel like that's sucky. Every time they do a screening in Austin and they have prints, there are always some to go up later online. I think they should have continued with that. The Halloween regular was a print I wanted very, very badly. Mark up on ebay is already insane.

I realize it's for charity.

You weren't a kiddin sister. 1k for the variant. :(

Just have to keep watching eBay and waiting for the inevitable drop in prices. Wish I could have taken an afternoon off to score this one at regular price, but such is the way of things.

Is there anyone who wants an NYCC print who can get me an Ansin print from the monsters show?

Selling a few Mondo posters, if anyone is interested:

Dawn Of The Dead reg.
Hellboy II
Pan's Labyrinth reg.
Planet Of The Apes set (6 posters)

Luckily I had a friend at NYCC who got me both Shaun's and the Beatrix Variant. I feel very very lucky.

Ever since July, when I won the Villain Variant Dark Knight Rises print, I scored a bunch. Took me a second to get the jump on the Mondo drop, but it's now fairly streamlined.

One less item to be flipped, right?

BTW, if Mondo wanted to stop flippers, or at least limit them, they should raise their prices. If you can get a print first hand, the prints are a really good deal, and because there's such a high demand for them, it begs for flipping. I understand why people get annoyed with flippers, but can you blame them when the cost of the prints are so affordably priced?

I just did some numbers, and since July (when I started collecting thanks to winning one at SDCC), I've spent about $700 or so on prints. If I went on eBay to sell them right now, I could probably make $1,700, a profit of a grand. Who could blame flippers? The only way to stop them is to price them out of the market.

Back