Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not a much of a Mondo collector, but I do buy a few pieces here and there. I made out ok at SDCC, on preview night I got Stout's Avengers (regular & variant), Phantom City Captain America, Whalden's Toy Story, Richard's Fortress of Solitude...I was quite happy.

As for their SDCC exclusives, I got Ansin's Game of Thrones, Jock's The Dark Knight and Moss Monokoke. I passed on a few due to either I didn't want them or I was in a panel. IMO Mondo is a joke, first their website drops are a joke and keeping people hostage at SDCC was just s___ty. I would get in line first thing in the morning at 9:30 (on Friday and Sat), for them to wait to drop the announcement until 10:30-11 (knowing that a huge line was forming). Only on Thursday did Mondo have the drop prior to 10.

24 hour timed release on Wednesday. Anybody who orders within the 24 hour window will get one:

7542260054_7bd9a6b2b1.jpg

I wish Batman of the movies looked like that!

BB

Im not a much of a Mondo collector, but I do buy a few pieces here and there. I made out ok at SDCC, on preview night I got Stout's Avengers (regular & variant), Phantom City Captain America, Whalden's Toy Story, Richard's Fortress of Solitude...I was quite happy.

As for their SDCC exclusives, I got Ansin's Game of Thrones, Jock's The Dark Knight and Moss Monokoke. I passed on a few due to either I didn't want them or I was in a panel. IMO Mondo is a joke, first their website drops are a joke and keeping people hostage at SDCC was just s___ty. I would get in line first thing in the morning at 9:30 (on Friday and Sat), for them to wait to drop the announcement until 10:30-11 (knowing that a huge line was forming). Only on Thursday did Mondo have the drop prior to 10.

So you're not "much of a mondo collector" and in your opinion "mondo is a joke" but you bought eight prints anyway? :lol

BB

I'm not sure I'd call Mondo a joke if I had been able to walk away with eight prints, most of them long sold out and worth well over retail on the aftermarket. Sounds like Mondo rocks and you really scored big time.

The level of complaining in here is unreal. _____ if you can't get a nice print. Then you have an EASY chance to score a print and everyone still _____es.. seriously? :dunno

That open edition batman piece is a joke.

Really? Why so? I'm hoping that it sells well and opens Mondo's eyes to the fact that "Hey, if I put up more prints and sell them for a longer time, I can make more money." Hipsters or not, at the end of the day cash is king...

I'm convinced that mondo makes people full blown retard. You can buy an original one of kind work of art for what some of these people are buying a ____ing poster for on ebay.

Really? Why so? I'm hoping that it sells well and opens Mondo's eyes to the fact that "Hey, if I put up more prints and sell them for a longer time, I can make more money." Hipsters or not, at the end of the day cash is king...

If you wanted to do this, why not make it the same size and price as normal release ? Why did it need to be smaller ? Out of place. :slap

I'm not sure I'd call Mondo a joke if I had been able to walk away with eight prints, most of them long sold out and worth well over retail on the aftermarket. Sounds like Mondo rocks and you really scored big time.

They make some interesting and at times great looking posters. But as a company they are hardly rock.

I'm convinced that mondo makes people full blown retard. You can buy an original one of kind work of art for what some of these people are buying a ____ing poster for on ebay.

Hence why I refuse to pay more than retail for one. They're just not worth that much to me.

If you wanted to do this, why not make it the same size and price as normal release ? Why did it need to be smaller ? Out of place. :slap

That's true. Gotta keep up the exclusivity! Depending on price i'll probably get one.

Last edited:
Hence why I reuse to pay more than retail for one. They're just not worth that much to me.

I only pay over for the prints I like & miss out on like fortress of solitude & the avengers (dunno if winning the stout lottery counts as really paying over). but most of the time if I truely don't like it, I'll pass

That's true. Gotta keep up the exclusivity! Depending on price i'll probably get one.

it will probably be $40-$50 I guess :dunno

MadCow;46678TONS 81 said:
Hence why I reuse to pay more than retail for one. They're just not worth that much to me.

:lecture You know you are actually right. I paid over for a couple of posters because I wanted in on the new "fad" but it really is just a damn poster. A piece of paper with ink on it- for TONS of money. Now I only have 7 prints and they are all my favorite movies and I happen to love the artwork. But if you actually sit down and think about it. it is bat-schit CRAZY for a piece of paper. And there is no way some of these people that buy prints like nuts have room for them. I actually display mine because the price I paid for some was :cuckoo:. This wont last much longer anyway. I can tell already. Im happy I have the prints I own, BUT im more happy that I stopped this craziness.:dunno

I only pay over for the prints I like & miss out on like fortress of solitude & the avengers (dunno if winning the stout lottery counts as really paying over). but most of the time if I truely don't like it, I'll pass

it will probably be $40-$50 I guess :dunno

I believe they said it was $40.

So you're not "much of a mondo collector" and in your opinion "mondo is a joke" but you bought eight prints anyway? :lol

BB

Mondo is a joke...they treat their buyers like crap by having 4 drops per day at SDCC, so if your a die-hard collector, a novice or maybe its something that tickles your fancy they basically hold you from experiencing the con. They never inform you what prints are being released, they don't even show what the print looks like, they don't tell you the edition size and they don't give a F___k about their buyers.

On a side note, they also have crappy servers for their on-line purchase, this I know since my friends collect certain Mondo prints.

Mondo also knew that many collectors and novices (like myself) wanted the Moss Dark Knight print...So they only had run of 180?! Are you kidding me! I heard that the line at con went nuts when this drop came and many people cut the line.

Im not a Mondo collector. Yes I bought 8, but I only have 8 prints and 3 are not for me. Now how many prints does Mondo release a year? They have been in business for 12 years. So for me to have only 5 prints out 100+ prints they release a year. Yeah, I'm a Mondo Collector. So think before you criticize.

Mondo = Beanie Babies:wink1:

Nah. actually most of them are really quite artistic, and they are obviously filling a void for decent movie poster screen prints otherwise they would lazer print them and do unlimited runs like you can pick up at the movie theaters... eh, if you get one you get one if you don't it is not the end of the world. Collectors want what they want. So love 'em or not this is the way they run their business.

Hence why I refuse to pay more than retail for one. They're just not worth that much to me.

I believe they said it was $40.

:lecture

So $40 plus $10+ for shipping then its an easy pass.

:lecture

Mondo = Beanie Babies:wink1:

Nah. actually most of them are really quite artistic, and they are obviously filling a void for decent movie poster screen prints otherwise they would lazer print them and do unlimited runs like you can pick up at the movie theaters... eh, if you get one you get one if you don't it is not the end of the world. Collectors want what they want. So love 'em or not this is the way they run their business.

Which I have learned...

Back