Alamo Drafthouse Posters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely forgot about The Thing going up, got so busy at work. Oh well. I like Struzan's work, but $250 does seem a bit excessive for a poster. I haven't bought anything new since the Captain America poster, which still isn't framed. I don't know, I may just sell it.

Exactly! You can get an original for around the same price (or less in some cases) the Mondo prints go for. I just don't get the hype anymore.

Exactly. Unless I love the movie AND love the print I would pass.

I only have a few...

Trons
Thors

oh yeah and Super Powers :monkey3

Got the Iron Man print yesterday, it really looks fantastic. Better late than never. Now I just need to figure out how to display it. I want to set it up to work with my Iron Man figures.

Exactly. Unless I love the movie AND love the print I would pass.

I only have a few...

Trons
Thors

oh yeah and Super Powers :monkey3

You got a Super Powers?!!? I hate you more now...

Speaking of Tron, we should be seeing the preview of the print any day now I would think. I pray it's nice since I missed out on all the other ones.

You got a Super Powers?!!? I hate you more now...

Speaking of Tron, we should be seeing the preview of the print any day now I would think. I pray it's nice since I missed out on all the other ones.

Sorry, but it was confirmed by some employees that this screening of Tron will not have a print.

EDIT: Probably because they don't seem to have the Disney license anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it was confirmed by some employees that this screening of Tron will not have a print.

EDIT: Probably because they don't seem to have the Disney license anymore.

Well..... That.... Suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.... :mad:

How come the Struzan Thing print was so expensive? Was that because he's a high-profile artist?

It has to do with the artist and the number of colors. More colors is more work which equals a higher price. Add in Struzan and you get the higher than normal price.

Just scored one of these :drool

WolfmanGID.jpg

Now down to the big 2 :monkey2:monkey2

About $350 and $150+ last year. Some of these Universal Monsters posters (Frankenstein, Bride Of… and The Wolf Man) have exploded in the last 8 months :(

Not sure exactly what they were going for around that time, but.. demand > supply

Sold my Shield Avengers print from Gallery 1988. Thankfully. I don't think I would have ever hung it. No room whatsoever.

I don't think I'm ever getting the Struzan Thing now. $250 retail is already pushing it to the brink for me, so ebay is out of the question. My friend was able to get through, so I'll be able to enjoy his at least.

Back