AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

I think it's the "tilt" factor along with the foliage, etc. etc. The whole piece is pretty impressive IMO, especially when they could have just slapped it on a round, plain base and called it a day.

The base on the comiquette is more detailed than this one. Not sure what you guys are looking at. Just a bunch of foliage and ancient designs on a wall. woopdeedoooooo

Oh shush Chad... it's awesome. And the comiquette is great but so is this and the foliage on this is very well done.

So woopdeedooooooo your big China butt.... BIG BUTT!

Yes, I said you have a big butt. Big butt Maloy!

hehe

Oh shush Chad... it's awesome. And the comiquette is great but so is this and the foliage on this is very well done.

So woopdeedooooooo your big China butt.... BIG BUTT!

Yes, I said you have a big butt. Big butt Maloy!

hehe

Eli, you ordering this one?

Three-fifty? Good Loooord, that's alotta money. Can I get the statue on top of a plastic cup for a quarter?

That base is costing us an arm and a leg, buuuut still getting it. Best representation of Lara in high quality form that I've seen yet. I've been waiting for this.

The statue and the base are impressive ... the price not so .... but I think it worths every penny considering it is a 1:4 with such a gorgeous base ....

Very impressive, I really like the action pose. It's refreshing compared to a lot of the other pfs out there right now that are more of a static pose. I think we'll be seeing a lot more action poses in the future. Also Tim always does a great job! Thanks for putting up the pics on your deviant site that shows the progression of your sculpt through all the phases.

looks great, never played the games, so I won't succumb to the high price tag

Very impressive, I really like the action pose. It's refreshing compared to a lot of the other pfs out there right now that are more of a static pose. I think we'll be seeing a lot more action poses in the future. Also Tim always does a great job! Thanks for putting up the pics on your deviant site that shows the progression of your sculpt through all the phases.

This is how I feel. I am kind of tired of every pf just standing around. I like poses like the new Lara. I just dislike the price tag. And I feel that once we start to get more action poses, the prices will go up. BUT, I have seen other cool pf's that haven't been so expensive. So I dunno. Guess we're paying for the name on it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; Tim Miller is a sculpting god. I always love his work (as does everyone else, methinks).

Hear that, Tim? Uber kudos to you, good sir.

Tim has mos def got the skills. I love seeing him sculpt AHs work. Amazing how well he can re-create the likeness in polystone. Brilliant stuff.

This is how I feel. I am kind of tired of every pf just standing around. I like poses like the new Lara. I just dislike the price tag. And I feel that once we start to get more action poses, the prices will go up. BUT, I have seen other cool pf's that haven't been so expensive. So I dunno. Guess we're paying for the name on it.

The price is disappointing even though i'm definitely preordering it tomorrow. But that's still $50 more than the usual and that adds up over the course of a couple statues. I'm not sure if it's name recognition or if this is really them testing the waters on a possible price increase for future pf statues. Maybe production costs have gone up? I'm just looking at snow day Lara (still on my list to get) compared to this one so I'm not really sure.

Well, due to the price increases on a lot of their stuff, we've decided to put the brakes on collecting. Lara was a special buy. And if they go ahead and do Uncharted statues, those will actually have to be under $300 or they wont be in my collection. We just can't do it anymore. We'd rather spend that money towards a vacation, or save it. You know?

For those who have a lot of money, I'm sure it's no big deal though.

You are quite right there Buffster, we should treat this hobby so we enjoy it, not like a dirty drug habbit that we hide from our mates

That's easier to pass when you have a space problem :D

Well, due to the price increases on a lot of their stuff, we've decided to put the brakes on collecting. Lara was a special buy. And if they go ahead and do Uncharted statues, those will actually have to be under $300 or they wont be in my collection. We just can't do it anymore. We'd rather spend that money towards a vacation, or save it. You know?

For those who have a lot of money, I'm sure it's no big deal though.

I consider myself to have alot of money but this is still a big deal to me. Its the principle, is this what I can expect going forward. Hot Toys are creaping up their prices too, comics are going up too, comqiuettes are costing what PF's used to cost and PF's are pushing my comfort zone. I think they are trying to increase cash flow since there is alot of recent releases not sold out. If the base is adding 50 to 75 to the price tag than just give me a tree log. I want a sexy AH Laura but dont really care for a giant stone tablet. I probably wont order this amazing statue because someone is trying to squeeze me for extra dollars and I dont like that.

I consider myself to have alot of money but this is still a big deal to me. Its the principle, is this what I can expect going forward. Hot Toys are creaping up their prices too, comics are going up too, comqiuettes are costing what PF's used to cost and PF's are pushing my comfort zone. I think they are trying to increase cash flow since there is alot of recent releases not sold out. If the base is adding 50 to 75 to the price tag than just give me a tree log. I want a sexy AH Laura but dont really care for a giant stone tablet. I probably wont order this amazing statue because someone is trying to squeeze me for extra dollars and I dont like that.

Well said. :clap

I have the Snow Day statue and like it a lot - far more than I thought I would - and that's going to have to do for me regarding Ms. Croft, I think. I agree that prices are getting silly (they'll only get higher, too) and, besides, I don't really need another Lara; I'm not that big a Tomb Raider fan.

That said, I do very much like the look of this PF. Other than the price it's magnificent. Congrats in advance to those that pre-order her. :)

Back