Advice on Slimming Down a Collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only collecting characters and stuff from one comic book. :lol

3782681_1.jpg

I was starting to buy stuff that looked good, props mostly from movies or tv shows I liked... not Loved... like katanas from movies and other replica stuff... I was mostly going for a planet Hollywood kinda feel to the basement but I ended up selling them off and sticking with my main focus. problem with my main focus is I tend to buy most of the scales that look realistic. I need to stick with just the bigger stuff. Lifesize on busts and 1/4 or bigger on statues unless smaller is the only size available for the character is a good plan I don't always stick to :slap

Last edited:
Man, I don't think I could go down to one detolf unless I absolutely had to--like if I needed money for some crazy expensive life-saving operation or something. Hope you can stick to your plan. Good luck!

I on the other hand hardly have multiple figures of same character, coz it looks awkward having a cabinet full of same character but different sizes. Lacks the contrast since everything looks pretty much the same. Unless it's troopers or armors the more the merrier.

Folks with cabinet full of HT Batman figures just doesn't look that attractive. While on the other hand cabinet full of Ironman or Star Wars Troopers looks intersting.

I would say just buy stuff from one character...but I've been collecting one...the Punisher for 26 years. So my "mancave" looks like a cluttered museum. I ain't getting rid on anything anytime soon! :rock2

Man, I don't think I could go down to one detolf unless I absolutely had to--like if I needed money for some crazy expensive life-saving operation or something. Hope you can stick to your plan. Good luck!

Same here. Lately, I've been tossing this idea around in my head, trying to figure out if I had to keep just 4 figures (1 for each Detolf shelf) which 4 would I keep? Almost impossible to decide :lol

Back