Advice on controlling humidity?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodParticle

Super Freak
Reaction score
I currently live in an old house that is probably a worst case scenario for collectibles by having terrible heat/humidity in the summer. Until I move, I was wondering if I could use something like those silica gel packets in a display box to keep it from getting out of hand. Anyone use those?

I was looking for the least annoying option. I get really dry eyes and a dehumidifier would be murder. And running AC all the time gets expensive. A case of pick my poison, I guess. Thanks

Well you can get those bigger boxes of dehumidifier which last 2-3 months depending on the humidity.

I'm using the Stack-On dehumidifier for my Detolf.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Stack-On-SPAD-100-Wireless-Rechargeable-Dehumidifier/dp/B001F0IH22[/ame]

But do remember too dry is not good for them too as things might start to crack up.

There's also some plushy type which can be dried up under the sun when the belly wordings turn blue.

Thing is, the only evidence of humidity is if I set a glass down and it sweats. I don't actually have any mold/mildew form where they're kept. I just read that humidity is bad for them

I'll look into having them carbon frozen with this guy I know on Bespin

Just buy a dehumidifier. It's not too expensive and it should show a percentage of your places humidity. I think anywhere from 55-60% is acceptable.

Back