Advice Needed - Where/How To Sell Off Collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also ... second dumb question ... do you have any go-to suppliers you like for boxes and packing materials? For most of the HT figures, it not a problem, but I do have one heavy polystone piece on the block at the moment (the 1/6 Han in Carbonite), and I'm nervous about shipping that one. It's over 20 pounds and big. (I no longer have the brown shipper.) Are there heavier duty boxes I should be looking for?

Uline has boxes you can order in bulk online but Staples has a bunch of boxes too if you only need a few

Thanks for this thread and the great info in here!
I'm going to unload a bunch of my collection and truth be told I would have several months ago but I keep getting cold feet with shipping. I've never anything so big/heavy to people who might complain and want to send it back so it's a bit daunting.

From what I read most of you seem to prefer USPS and always add insurance. Do you guys tend to including shipping in the price or do you prefer to keep them separate?

Thanks for this thread and the great info in here!
I'm going to unload a bunch of my collection and truth be told I would have several months ago but I keep getting cold feet with shipping. I've never anything so big/heavy to people who might complain and want to send it back so it's a bit daunting.

From what I read most of you seem to prefer USPS and always add insurance. Do you guys tend to including shipping in the price or do you prefer to keep them separate?

Don't worry to much about the big boxes, the people who'll bid on them will know what they're getting into. Just make sure you pack it well (like everything) and list the dimensions and weight correctly. The only time I'll include freight is on a buy it now auction (only) on a high dollar item, but that is not always the case. Standard 7day auctions buyer pays freight usually. Always insured and document everything. Sold as is.

Do you guys usually use USPS or FedEx Ground? I've been told by a 3rd party postage place that I should create a FedEx account because USPS will jack up prices for boxes over 12" because they don't want to handle them.

Back