ADULT SWIM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only shows I ever liked on Adult Swim were Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

as much as i don't find T@E funny, i respect what they do. it's actually harder IMO to make a show LOOK like substandard cable access, especially if one went through whatever education it takes to make a real show. it's goes against all one's training/expertise to purposely make something look bad.

i'd just like to know what dirt they have on all their guest stars to get them on. who the hell would agree to be seen on it? i guess it's one of those "too cool for the room" things.

I watch some of it. I love Robot Chicken primarily these days, though I also watch Metalocalypse, The Venture Brothers, and sometimes a random ep of Moral Orel or Superjail. The rest of it doesn't really appeal to me, but those shows I mentioned rock.

Squidbillies can be pretty funny too. I usually watch Adult Swim for at least an hour each night while I wait for the Wife to fall asleep (she can't pass out unless I'm in there. :lol)

Does anybody actually watch The Might Boosh?! Whats it about really?!

I love The Mighty Boosh... honestly not sure what its about, but basically the two main characters are a bit of an "odd couple" who go on these random and usually creepy adventures. I got hooked after the first episode and now its a show the wife and I always make sure we watch. Try and check out the "crack fox" episode... I think its a good one for the overall odd feel of the series.

And in general I love AS, there have been a few shows that I didn't care for (Assy McGee, 12oz Mouse and ArchAngel). But shows like ATHF, Venture Brothers, Squidbillies, Robot Chicken and Super Jail keep me coming back for more.

Lol.

I rarely catch adult swim, but I do remember seeing Tim's "Look around you". Pretty unfunny parody.

Look Around You was an imported BBC TV show, and it was made by Peter Serafinowicz, the voice of Darth Maul.

I love Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Metalocalypse, Korgoth, The Mighty Boosh, and Venture Bros. the most. I enjoy Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, and ATHF most of the time.
I Hate the Boondocks, Xavier Renegade Angel, Assy McGee.
Robot Chicken is mediocre at best.

Look Around You was an imported BBC TV show, and it was made by Peter Serafinowicz, the voice of Darth Maul.
I love Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Metalocalypse, Korgoth, The Mighty Boosh, and Venture Bros. the most. I enjoy Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, and ATHF most of the time.
I Hate the Boondocks, Xavier Renegade Angel, Assy McGee.
Robot Chicken is mediocre at best.

Wait?!! Isn't Peter Serafinowicz Pete from Shaun of the Dead and Duane from Spaced? OMG...I didn't know that he was the voice of Darth Maul. Thats crazy....I wonder if he ever talked to Simon Pegg about that...knowing that Pegg hated Episode I.

I love Look around You...Then again...I love British Humor (I hate the show Little Britain tho :sick).

I love The Mighty Boosh... honestly not sure what its about, but basically the two main characters are a bit of an "odd couple" who go on these random and usually creepy adventures. I got hooked after the first episode and now its a show the wife and I always make sure we watch. Try and check out the "crack fox" episode... I think its a good one for the overall odd feel of the series.

And in general I love AS, there have been a few shows that I didn't care for (Assy McGee, 12oz Mouse and ArchAngel). But shows like ATHF, Venture Brothers, Squidbillies, Robot Chicken and Super Jail keep me coming back for more.

Thanks for teh Suggestions...I check em out and let you know what I think!

For actual Adult Swim produced shows, Robot Chicken, ATHF, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse & The Boondocks are all on my watch list.

All the repurposed programing I love too.

But I really miss the anime they used to show, like The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, etc., etc., etc.!!!!

They really need to bring that ^^^^ back!!!!

But I really miss the anime they used to show, like The Big O, Cowboy Bebop, etc., etc., etc.!!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about all the good anime they used to show. Outlaw Star, Trigun, Lupin III, good stuff.

Wait?!! Isn't Peter Serafinowicz Pete from Shaun of the Dead and Duane from Spaced? OMG...I didn't know that he was the voice of Darth Maul. Thats crazy....I wonder if he ever talked to Simon Pegg about that...knowing that Pegg hated Episode I.

I love Look around You...Then again...I love British Humor (I hate the show Little Britain tho :sick).

Thanks for teh Suggestions...I check em out and let you know what I think!

I also enjoyed Look Around You, although I never got into the educational specials as a kid so I didn't really have a strong connection to most of the source material. I did love Beyond 2000 when I was younger so the second series was far more effective and funnier.
Voice artist

Serafinowicz has done many adverts and voice-overs and is a talented impressionist. His most high profile role as a voice artist was as Darth Maul in the film Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. His voice overdubbed that of Ray Park, who portrayed Darth Maul in costume. This appearance was referred to during the second series of Spaced and when he provided the voice for Darth Chef in an episode of South Park in 2006.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Serafinowicz
Apparently they did reference it in Spaced. I've never seen spaced though I've heard really good things about it. Never come by it at Blockbuster so hopefully BBC America or Adult Swim will someday broadcast it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Serafinowicz
Apparently they did reference it in Spaced. I've never seen spaced though I've heard really good things about it. Never come by it at Blockbuster so hopefully BBC America or Adult Swim will someday broadcast it.

Thats is a brilliant idea.. to broadcast Spaced on AS!! I think it would be a success....although they do curse alot on that show so maybe they won't do it!

Adult Swim is absolute crap now, with loser-rated shows in my opinion. I honestly don't understand how anyone can watch Tim and Eric's Awesome Show, without constantly thinking "wtf".

Ever since Adult Swim got rid of their anime line-up a year ago, I stopped watching Cartoon Network.

This is my fav song of Dethklok:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/yyw0xeOwVd0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/yyw0xeOwVd0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For actual Adult Swim produced shows, Robot Chicken, ATHF, Squidbillies, Metalocalypse & The Boondocks are all on my watch list.

All the repurposed programing I love too.

The Big O....:monkey2

Talk about an awesome show. One of my favorite and arguably, one of the most memorable animes I've seen to date. That one really made you think to say the very least.

The Big O....:monkey2

Talk about an awesome show. One of my favorite and arguably, one of the most memorable animes I've seen to date. That one really made you think to say the very least.
Yeah THE BIG O was awesome! I loved the art!

Didn't they give Escaflowne on AS back in the day too?!:confused:

I wonder if Cartoon Network/Adult Swim will be at SDCC? I'll probably stop by for a visit and say hello to everyone.

Back