Admiral Piett 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Medi-PO is something worth waiting on to see just how he stacks up. That's a lot of money to get something you'll replace in a year or two.

Also true but will it really be just a year or two? If we knew more of an "expect by" time, I'd just horde my points and wait to get the SS versions for cheap like with Vader. Ugh I think, in the end, I may just wait and buy Piett cheap on the secondary market.

I think 1 to 2 years is safe. I'm sure they've already got prelimiary R&D going on R2 and 3PO, and once the Medicom figures are released, if I were them I'd take those apart to get some ideas and further my own progress.

Then again, I imagine one of the factors is not what they at the office can make, but what the factories are capable of doing in mass production. The armor took awhile and I'm sure most of that was to figure out the mass production and getting consistency there, but to do so took some figuring out. Now that they've solved that though, I think the droids are closer, even if not tomorrow.

Didn't they say next year some time, in 2010? I thought this was the Armored Year and next year was "unusal designs", like the preview for the Gamorrean Guard would indicate.

That'd be news to me, I haven't caught any word on the 2010 lineup, I'm not even sure if the Gamorrean is on the 2010 lineup or not. They may have taken it as far as that photo and put it on the back burner for the future. A lot of stuff gets started and worked on over a long stretch of time, and it can be quite some time before we see it.

I think we all saw the Grevious 1:1 bust on a shelf in the office almost a a year before they actually unveiled it, I believe it was a Spooktacular photo we glimpsed it in and it wasn't until SDCC you could buy it.

That'd be news to me, I haven't caught any word on the 2010 lineup, I'm not even sure if the Gamorrean is on the 2010 lineup or not. They may have taken it as far as that photo and put it on the back burner for the future. A lot of stuff gets started and worked on over a long stretch of time, and it can be quite some time before we see it.

I think we all saw the Grevious 1:1 bust on a shelf in the office almost a a year before they actually unveiled it, I believe it was a Spooktacular photo we glimpsed it in and it wasn't until SDCC you could buy it.

I don't remember if it was Brant or a blurb in the Q&A but I do recall mention of the Year of Armored figures and then next year being "more unusual" types, because I immediately thought creatures and droids.

With Medi-PO and SS 1/4th 3PO coming, the SS 1/6th version is usually not too far behind.

That's not to say that Jan 2010 will be creatures and droids. It may take until SDCC next year to see this stuff.

Anyway, maybe someone here remembers where I got this idea into my head about creatures and stuff next year.

I remember the Q&A that dismissed certain things in 2009 saying this would be the year of armor.

I think now that the year's just about over, we can safely take such comments with a grain of salt. When I read that long ago, I expected 2009 to be purely armored characters. While we've gotten lots this year, we also got Piett, Lando, CW Anakin isn't really armored, I'd say a good mix of armored and unarmored figures, like 60/40, but that's how I like things, I don't want any one type to consume a whole year. As neat as having the ANH lineup pretty much completed within a year, I got tired of ANH focus. I think a healthy mix of PT and OT and the movies within those is nice. I know it's low in fan favor, but I'd really like to see AOTC get more attention with just Obi-Wan and the Clone, hopefully 2010 will be good for the second films in both trilogies, Empire's anniversary, and AOTC just needing some representation.

Didn't they say next year some time, in 2010? I thought this was the Armored Year and next year was "unusal designs", like the preview for the Gamorrean Guard would indicate.

I thought they admitted in a Q&A that there were to be no droids in 2010. That they're very conscientious about Medicom and support their releases, blah, blah, blah. But what I got from that is at the very earliest 2011.

July 22nd Q&A

While Sideshow is currently in development on the droids for 1:4 scale, they are not currently in development as 1:6 scale - in great part because we believe strongly in the quality of the Medicom figures. It is possible Sideshow will develop the droids in the future, but they do not appear in our 2009 or 2010 planning.

Has to be supportive of Medicom, and I'm sure legit feelings, but based on photos and experience with the Wicket VCD, they won't be in the best scale with Sideshow figures and would be a pricey fill in. I'd rather have the Hasbro ones and not look so great but be cheap to stand in until SSC comes out with them.

Now, doesn't mean we couldn't see them sometime in 2010, like Q4 debut or something, but definitely not shipping within 2010.

July 22nd Q&A

Has to be supportive of Medicom, and I'm sure legit feelings, but based on photos and experience with the Wicket VCD, they won't be in the best scale with Sideshow figures and would be a pricey fill in. I'd rather have the Hasbro ones and not look so great but be cheap to stand in until SSC comes out with them.

Now, doesn't mean we couldn't see them sometime in 2010, like Q4 debut or something, but definitely not shipping within 2010.

...but they do not appear in our 2009 or 2010 planning.

That tells me 2011. Not even in their planning, I doubt we'd see them at the end of 2010. Potentially prototypes at Toyfair in 2011 but nada for 2010. Of course, if we do, feel free to throw this post back in my face, but until then, really, it's doubtful.

It's all very open. I'm sure their figure plans for 2010 and the rest of this year are based solely on what figures are along in development, what would be good to save for Toy Fair and Comic Con, things like that. I'm sure right now they're not along enough to have as part of their release plan for next year, but doesn't mean they couldn't be ready to show within 2010, but I do think, sadly, the droids and Chewbacca would get the Comic Con unveiling like Vader, so whenever they come, it'll be mid year before we see them.

I thought they admitted in a Q&A that there were to be no droids in 2010. That they're very conscientious about Medicom and support their releases, blah, blah, blah. But what I got from that is at the very earliest 2011.

Looks like you're right. Dammit.

Like I said, if you told me in Nov. 05 that we'd have no droids until 2011... :D

Looks like you're right. Dammit.

Like I said, if you told me in Nov. 05 that we'd have no droids until 2011... :D

Good news is I think we'll see the Fetts sooner since they fall into the armored category. As a matter of fact, both Boba and Jango are great candidates for TF and SDCC for 2010. :D

See Pix? A little ray of sunshine, just for you! :joy

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but at this year's panel, they talked about Cody in the works as a 12' figure (even showed the head) and the head being reused for an upcoming Jango and Boba.

I'm hoping for Cody at Toy Fair, but I don't know how far along they are with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back