Adieu Ray Villafane...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
he took some time off to find himself and apparently got a wife/girlfriend...he then came back to help out on that Darkseid episode a few weeks back

i saw that episode when he was an old man. he was cool. didn't really like the other guy who took over. :monkey4

wizard-comics said:
1st thing that needs to be done is a Full Size line based fully off of Alex Ross art of the Orignal Seven!!! (They would look just awesome in front of my litho!!!)

14j9ksh.jpg

then move on to the rest of the JLA

Is it just me, or do they all look smug and self-satisfied? Something about their expressions bother me... :confused:

lcummins said:
Thank you Batty!!!! You made me laugh out loud so hard I started coughing!!! Seriously, Thank you!!!! :rotfl
No problem! My wife thinks I'm a regular laugh riot. :rolleyes:

lcummins said:
Is it just me, or do they all look smug and self-satisfied? Something about their expressions bother me...

It's pretty typical of Ross. He never really paints characters looking happy or whimsical. I love his work. I think if I were a super-hero, I'd have the same look. Or this one: :monkey5

Unless is Plastic Man or Captain Marvel, Ross always does the smug thing on most of his heroes. I think he wants to make them feel powerful as they look down on us since the 7 of them are the most powerful characters in the DC comics world in one team.

I love Ross' work. Especially Kingdom Come.

SolidLiquidFox said:
...Classic character from the early days of the Justice League...

Ok I didn't know that, thanks. I guess the Wonder Twins wouldn't be considered classic then? :p

And oh yeah, good luck Ray, we'll miss you. Maybe we'll see you back when your new contact is up. :)

Back