Addicted Please Help, Need Advise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys I have been here two days. I have always been a superhero guy and bought a few figures. Well I walked into a local shop yesterday Planning on buying the DC Direct Joker, well the UPS guy came in with the stores first Hot Toys figure it is not a high end place. Well I could not resist after comparing the two figures and I went on the computer to learn more. QUOTE]
WOWWWW that is EXACTLY how I got started...cept I bought the DCD joker to :D

the hot toys joker was spectacular!
the details.. the purple coat, the little safety pins, grenades,
its really a nice tribute for heath ledger.

Side Show toys and Hot toys and any other 1/6 figure is like CRACK. And I've been on this drug for two years now and I don't need any one's help I'm fine with my addiction:)

Tonight was bad, I bought T-600,T-700, Blade, Wolverine, Darth Vader. Yesterday I bought the Mark I, Mark II, and Red Spiderman 3 medicom. I just wish Hot Toys had a Spiderman so I did not have to mess with these medicom figures. I cannot wait to get War machine, and Arnold T2.

Tonight was bad, I bought T-600,T-700, Blade, Wolverine, Darth Vader. Yesterday I bought the Mark I, Mark II, and Red Spiderman 3 medicom. I just wish Hot Toys had a Spiderman so I did not have to mess with these medicom figures. I cannot wait to get War machine, and Arnold T2.

Dude hot toys got they marvel license ..they will get to spidey eventually, if i were you i wouldn't have bought the medicom version . just have a little Patience and calm down a bit, hot toys will keep making figures so don't blow all your cash on all the currently available releases, if you wanna stay collecting them you gotta spread out your purchases a bit and put more thought behind them.

well I did not have a regular Mark 3 and I liked this one better then the perfect one. But I also wanted to show one with the shield and everything else deployed. I bought a Hot Toys Superman today I would like to find someone to paint his head.

Really dude? i hope you didn't spend to much on him ..you know hot toys plan to do a reeves superman could even be the dx04 if the people on this forum have anything to do with it ..i would have just waited 4 that superman if i were you.

First, welcome!

Second, can I come over when all this stuff arrives?! :)

Today I bought a Battle Damaged T-800 Endoskeleton, Robocop 3, and a DE-209, and another TDK DX02 to pilot the Tumbler.

You mention in your first post that you believe you are sticking with this hobby now (geez I sure hope so!) but I'm wondering what did you collect before this, or did you collect anything?

I see you mentioned some super hero figures but which ones and was it to the extent that you have dived into this hobby?

I have been collecting things since I was probably 13 and I started with comics. I seem to go through transitions as I get older and I just sold over 1000 comics, pretty much all my G.I. Joe figures, all my Star Wars Power of the Force figures and vehicles, and some misc 3 3/4 inch figures....all so I could jump into this hobby and I'm LOVING it!

I say I transition because my most recent transition is when the new Joe figures came out awhile back I went kind of crazy there. Then after messing with all the displays, dusting small figures, trying to pose them etc....I was getting fed up, even though I liked them.

I also bought the Joker DX as my first HOT TOYS figure and from pretty much that moment forward I was hooked and selling my stuff so that I could generate funds for more 1/6 scale figures and statues.

I'm happy to say I only have a couple things left to sell on Ebay currently and so far it's funded the following for me:
Blade II
Darth Vader 12" Exclusive
Kotobukiya Batman (Jim Lee version)
Original Predator by HOT TOYS
Iron Man Mark I by HOT TOYS (should arrive today, crossing my fingers!)
Conan Premium Format Figure by Sideshow (coming Monday!)
and I've preordered Batman DX, War Machine, and Firefly.

I'm really excited to get my collection up to speed and then sit back and see what these companies put out moving forward and being able to pick and choose what I want to get.

I was big into expensive radio controlled cars, Comics,Corvettes. I have sold or am selling them all on ebay. And I am an Engineer and I am not married and have no kids so my money is my money. I have a nice home theater and when I move to my new place I am setting up the extra bedroom as my theater and these and the Batman masks are going to be my decorations on shelves or how ever i display them. But I am a responsible guy I just notice the longer you wait the more expense this stuff gets and I figured just do it. Plus I just started reviewing figures on youtube under Johnnyr2525 subscribe. Thank you all for the concern though.

I got a great deal on Cobra Commander tonight he seemed cool to go with Snake Eyes

I was big into expensive radio controlled cars, Comics,Corvettes. I have sold or am selling them all on ebay. And I am an Engineer and I am not married and have no kids so my money is my money. I have a nice home theater and when I move to my new place I am setting up the extra bedroom as my theater and these and the Batman masks are going to be my decorations on shelves or how ever i display them. But I am a responsible guy I just notice the longer you wait the more expense this stuff gets and I figured just do it. Plus I just started reviewing figures on youtube under Johnnyr2525 subscribe. Thank you all for the concern though.

Cool man, and more power to you! To any of those people that are saying slow down, forget them. I would do the exact same thing if I was in your shoes and instant collections are the best.

Promise us you'll post pics man! I for one want to see all this goodness in your theater room and that's exactly what I bought my stuff for although it's my game room.

Do you have shelves to put them on? If not, you should check out Ikea as their Detolf's are pretty much the collecting standard it seems. Great pieces, completely affordable if you have an Ikea in your area, and they display 1/6 figures beautifully!

Cheers and congrats...now get to those pics! :)

I am actually visiting family in NJ and had my stuff sent here I live in NY. But I posted reviews of all the figures on youtube at Johnnyr2525 Subscribe I should get about 10 figures early next week and I will be posting videos. I have 8 up now.

I put up a new TDK-DX02 Review of the Jump pack and the accessories I figured it deserved another review on you tube at Johnnyr2525. This week I should do the Batpod,Mark I, Robocop 3, DE209, Predator, Terminator T-600,T-700,T-800 Battle Damaged, Cobra Commander, Blade, Wolverine, Darth Vader, Thats what I can remember but their should be a few more. I would love to have the forums support. Thanks

I put up a new TDK-DX02 Review of the Jump pack and the accessories I figured it deserved another review on you tube at Johnnyr2525. This week I should do the Batpod,Mark I, Robocop 3, DE209, Predator, Terminator T-600,T-700,T-800 Battle Damaged, Cobra Commander, Blade, Wolverine, Darth Vader, Thats what I can remember but their should be a few more. I would love to have the forums support. Thanks

Subscribed. :) :duff

Last edited:
Back