Adam Hughes Leia print to be rereleased

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when you do art for a company like Marvel Comics or Lucasfilm, the license to re-produce the art then belongs to the company. They have the rights to do with it as they please. Of course this means that they COULD re-print the lithograph; but here's why I say they won't. When art is released in a limited edition run and numbered, the edition size is a guarantee, a promise to collectors that there will only ever be 250 of that item printed EVER. For them to suddenly print more of the piece violates the edition size. It would undermine their reputation as a collectibles producer, and destroy the collectibility of their product.

That and it just looks odd. Maybe if they had at least attempted to do something interesting with the shape of the board... but just slapping it on their looks awful.

Man I saw the thread title and thought they were doing this. :banghead This is my most wanted art print ever! I absolutely love it. :monkey2

sorry, but not sure if anyone answered this the first time I asked, but is the original a screen print or did they simply come off a very high end printer? Its in the style of a concert promotion screen print, but looks a bit too crisp to me to be so?

AH! I remember going up to Adam's booth at CIV about what seemed like a few minutes after the show opened to find that this print was completely sold out. That made the baby Jesus cry. I also remember not buying his Han Solo print at CIII...that made me cry. :(

when you do art for a company like Marvel Comics or Lucasfilm, the license to re-produce the art then belongs to the company. They have the rights to do with it as they please. Of course this means that they COULD re-print the lithograph; but here's why I say they won't. When art is released in a limited edition run and numbered, the edition size is a guarantee, a promise to collectors that there will only ever be 250 of that item printed EVER. For them to suddenly print more of the piece violates the edition size. It would undermine their reputation as a collectibles producer, and destroy the collectibility of their product.

I wasnt aware Lucasfilm had a good reputation to begin with! :lol

Back