Acrylic Display Cases on SALE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear yah. For me, it takes away from the figure, and if its placed in a case, you would think the stand is not needed. That's why us collectors are all different... a thing of beauty.
Personally, I'd still be afraid of a fall. I'd imagine that the cases are light enough and the figures tall enough that a good, lucky forward topple could knock the whole package off the shelf, and the cases could likely crack or at least get scratched up in the right kind of fall. And then your figure still might take some damage as well...so you've got that same fear, plus the fear of ruining their case.

I feel ya, I don't really particularly love the stands...I just love $150+ not plunging unexpectedly to the ground. They're a necessary evil to me. Even if True Types are awfully sturdy and stable compared to any other body, it's just not a gamble that's worth it personally.

Nick,

Do you have a direct link for the printable coupon you used? Sorry to by a pain, but all the coupons I'm finding online by Googling "Michaels, coupons" are expired / have the specific dates of use on them. :dunno

Just go to the Michaels flyer online. The center of the 1st page has a 25% coupon listed for the additional savings. The original 40% is a set sale that is taken at the register.

Damnation! Just a smidgen too small depth wise for the Batman DX bases. May have to figure out a couple of different cases for Batman and Joker, or just store the bases away. But anyway...I picked up four of the cases tonight, and for just $38...can't beat that! I like them a lot, simple and perfect.

Plundered the store down south, now I'm tempted to hit the one north of me and grab all they have too.

Last edited:
There were two on the shelf and I asked the girl for help and she found a couple more on the top of the racks in another aisle. That was a good enough single haul anyway, to make sure I'd like them well enough. And I'll be heading up towards the other Michaels later this week anyway so it won't be a big out-of-the-way hassle.

I went to Michaels to check these out. I may use these for my Sideshow Universal Monster figures. Thanks for the info on these.

Back