ACI Toys - 300 - Leonidas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the hot toys version looks better but let's not jump the gun here . Need to see more pictures with better contrast . Looks pretty dam good in my book . Would hope they give us a screaming headsculpt as well . Need more data on this guy. I'm glad I have the hot toys version though .

Pics I took from the show today

9cb6fd2b46a550b799aa5b91efc4e9e8.jpg

c83b048fdc3b29c838360ca9cfdcde4f.jpg

987f12a483058ba731c95c74a5b34474.jpg

e7cdf58b80eaa3c9808de52bb3e93af3.jpg

2acbcbaca8e1bfaa9250c1384eebf221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
uiuiu.jpg

59603429.jpg

Looking at his nipples, I guess they haven't shaded the body yet. I own the HT, so I don't mind a different looking sculpt, but the cape looks "light", if that makes sense.

It's a rough prototype so I would not be to harsh. The body looks like it didn't cure right. You can see the glue stains. All that will get fixed. It takes time. Comparing it to the finished hot toys is unfair really. These prototypes are just like a progress report. A sketch as it where. And hot toys is 5-7 years ahead of pretty much everyone else when it comes to production capabilities. I think it looks alright for what it is. Look forward to seeing the product later in its progression.

I've had HTs since day one and even though it's one of my favorites, the body is no where close to the look of Butler's. For this, Im still hoping they will not use a stock muscle body and sculpt a true to movie look for this. It's hard to tell in the photos becuase of lack of paint and having the images kind of burned out.

Calm down people. This is still early prototype. At least we had something to see for now until more work is done or until Star Ace shows up. Trust me, there werent many local HK people with interest in this figure, but me. lol

Anyhows, I noticed one of the comments from SEVENS' fb post has mentioned that the next figure in the 300 series will be the main male character from the 2nd film. Whether this sticks no one knows but SEVEN and ACI have very close ties.

I usually buy alot of stuff from SEVEN so I know them fairly well and they are pretty reliable.

For an early prototype he looks pretty darn good. As always there are knit picks but I'm sure they will be worked out. I do hope they make the spear and sword die cast. They need to fix the cape alittle bit and hopefully include a screaming head sculpt!! I am in though, no doubt about it. Just need to know when the PO is!!!!!

For someone who doesn't have an HT Leonidas (I 've just made an average custom), which version would you consider & why?
ACI, Star Ace (which I don't remember even seeing pics of the prototype) or this?
008.jpg
Momtoys Greek Wolf Warrior
Do we have any info on the prices of the licensed figures?

That looks like the CooModels body.
It's a pretty decent and serviceable body.
I used one of the tall ones for the ACI Achilles.

For the Momtoys version the body is the only item I would change instantly.
With so many flesh exposed I would change it with a rubber body from Coomodel again,
as I have done on my custom which shows great with it.

Back