ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have to sell mine, but wondering how much it's going for since I have modded the hair and it is NOT the exclusive version (looks like I'm the only one who couldn't find one at the last minute)

thoughts?

11073978_10152610440771557_2711986027524550487_n.jpg

I would charge more since it's customised! :yess:
Im of a similar opinion. If you've invested your work , paint, materials and expertise on a piece, it's much more valuable. If you're buying stuff just as an economical investment, you're not a collector. Look what tankgirl did on Eowyn. It's a superb piece now, 20 times better than the factory MIB stuff

I'd charge more, as well. Not having the skills to mod the hair was one of the chief things holding some folks back from buying this one. That's why I didn't order one. But this one's been properly futzed and futzed well! Why wouldn't you pay a bit more for that? You should include before and after shots of the hair. That might help show the value of your work.

Just received mine from SkywalkerKush and this is an awesome figure! The only thing I might change is swapping the body for a more poseable, smaller chested one (this one's a little hulky) and using real feet in the boots. Also might try to remove the weathering from the cloak but we'll see.

Hair looks already styled and cut compared to early versions so I don't think I'll need to do much to that.

Just received mine from SkywalkerKush and this is an awesome figure! The only thing I might change is swapping the body for a more poseable, smaller chested one (this one's a little hulky) and using real feet in the boots. Also might try to remove the weathering from the cloak but we'll see.

Hair looks already styled and cut compared to early versions so I don't think I'll need to do much to that.

Will be interest to see what you do, Tank Girl. Your Eowyn mods are amazing.

I just bought him a thinner body as well. The muscular body underneath bothers me. I cleaned the cape with alcohol and soap, its quite easy. (From the books, the capes are not supposed to get dirty or tear)

I felt that ACI's aragorn was too buff for the character , so I swapped him for a thinner, hot toys snake eyes body. No more fear that the fabric will tear apart from changing poses.
Overall I'm much more pleased with the figure now , more articulation, and the cloth makes him look more "gaunt, saggy", like he is described in the book, as a Ranger : Strider. Also gave him leg extensions , its not that noticeable , but I've enjoyed the results :)
Just sharing with you guys

A8k6aKr.jpg

GfPsUuI.jpg

And here are some improvements on the vegetation. I've been running some tests on preservation techniques for natural materials, to prevent degradation

TgiLhaG.jpg

That's looking great. Could you possibly post a picture of the ACI body now you've swapped it. I'd like to see what it's like / get an idea of the size.

That's looking great. Could you possibly post a picture of the ACI body now you've swapped it. I'd like to see what it's like / get an idea of the size.

I'm not at home, but here's an image of that body to have an idea on just how muscular it is. Not much articulation on the shoulders, elbows are pretty stiff as well, biceps and forearms are too bulky to fit inside the shirts.
rGzqht4.png

Nice stand you got there!

Thanks

I think the size of the body is "ok"!

I'm not at home, but here's an image of that body to have an idea on just how muscular it is. Not much articulation on the shoulders, elbows are pretty stiff as well, biceps and forearms are too bulky to fit inside the shirts.
rGzqht4.png

Thanks

rvjMTHx.jpg

Here's a comparison picture with a thinner body. (not the one I used, I used a hot toys narrow shoulders). The red areas were areas too tight inside the clothes.

Back