ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling many were purchased in the frenzy of the limited numbers. I am keeping mine, I absolutely love it.

I love the saga, one my fav top 5 of all time.
The only thing I don't like from what I've seen in the pics post here is the beard.
I might do some paint work on it.
The hair will be a challenge, i want to make sure it looks the way it should

Personally I bought mine because I was going to do a 1/6 lotr line but then I chose to focus on statues instead. I LOVE the figure.

I have a feeling many were purchased in the frenzy of the limited numbers. I am keeping mine, I absolutely love it.

I think folks saw JingoBell's pics and didn't really grasp the fact that they were expertly futzed. Then ACI announced it was sold out, and people went into a frenzy.

So, then when they got it in hand, and saw it was just like the prototype, and it needed major work to look good, it was a bit disheartening. I consider myself a good futzer, and that hair was not working out for me.

I still want one, I had one on pre-order from a local retailer here near Los Angeles but they kept saying the shipment was delayed and I finally got word from them that their distributor was out of stock. I assumed this would be the case when they first removed the pre-order pages from their website but was hoping it would still happen.

I think it looks like a great figure with excellent tailoring and accessories but I am not going to pay crazy after market prices, he was already pushing my upper price point at retail. I love Asmus as a company but I do not love their Aragorn sculpt so I am going to wait a while and see if I can handle my LOTR collection being Stryder-less or if the dust settles a bit around this figure and pick him up for a reasonable price.

Until someone gets this Asmus Aragorn in hand, we really do not know what the options are.

But with the prices for ACI Aragorn, I foresee many of them being broken down because the parts are getting crazy numbers too. Maybe you can just pick up the head for $80-110.

Anduril alone is going for $55+

I still want one, I had one on pre-order from a local retailer here near Los Angeles but they kept saying the shipment was delayed and I finally got word from them that their distributor was out of stock. I assumed this would be the case when they first removed the pre-order pages from their website but was hoping it would still happen.

I think it looks like a great figure with excellent tailoring and accessories but I am not going to pay crazy after market prices, he was already pushing my upper price point at retail. I love Asmus as a company but I do not love their Aragorn sculpt so I am going to wait a while and see if I can handle my LOTR collection being Stryder-less or if the dust settles a bit around this figure and pick him up for a reasonable price.

Pm'd you buddy. I'm local to Los Angeles.

Just got this Good looking figure.
Better pics later.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435444017.655775.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435444037.306681.jpg

I just got mine today. After a shortage with the distributor for the local store I pre-ordered mine through, I was pretty much convinced I would never see one but they came through today and the special edition arrived a bit ago. I have to say, this is a super impressive figure. The head sculpt is amazing in hand and I was one of the lucky ones I guess as the hair looks perfect right out of the box. I think some of the later ones to go out must have had the hair trimmed and styled before leaving the factory because the one I got doesn't need any futzing. A great selection of accessories too. I don't know whether to pose him with Anduril, his pipe or his bow. My only criticism would be that he ships with fists and I don't foresee ever using just clenched fists with him, would prefer an extra set of hands other than fists but that could be leveled at all figures in general as they all seem to come with fists that I never use.

I just got mine today. After a shortage with the distributor for the local store I pre-ordered mine through, I was pretty much convinced I would never see one but they came through today and the special edition arrived a bit ago. I have to say, this is a super impressive figure. The head sculpt is amazing in hand and I was one of the lucky ones I guess as the hair looks perfect right out of the box. I think some of the later ones to go out must have had the hair trimmed and styled before leaving the factory because the one I got doesn't need any futzing. A great selection of accessories too. I don't know whether to pose him with Anduril, his pipe or his bow. My only criticism would be that he ships with fists and I don't foresee ever using just clenched fists with him, would prefer an extra set of hands other than fists but that could be leveled at all figures in general as they all seem to come with fists that I never use.

Glad you were able to get one! Easily one of my favourite figures.
In regards to clenched fists, each to their own. I actually use clenched fists often. I have my Aragorn posed with one clenched fist and his other hand holding his sword.

Back