ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

the best aragorn so far is the sideshow modded by Darren. end of the story

the best aragorn so far is the sideshow modded by Darren. end of the story

That's pretty good but the end of story is the maquette being the best out there. Not even close.

well the maquette in poseable at all.. ;)

He looks pretty good but not to keen on his face and his coat should have a suede finish on it. :aragorn

I'll probably be getting this one. The sculpted hair on the Asmus one looks like it came out of a Play Doh barber shop.

image.jpg

I have Darren's Aragorn, a stock Sideshow one, the marquette and the PF. Darren's is fantastic but Josh is right. I wish I could port Darren's over to a better body.

I love realistic hair. But any company can't make it looks good. Part of the problem is the material they use that looks synthetic and doll like.

Agreed... admittedly the hair on ACI's Aragorn is some of the best I've seen from a company, but synthetic just doesn't work in this scale and no company seems to want to mess with something like lambs fur.

I have Darren's Aragorn, a stock Sideshow one, the marquette and the PF. Darren's is fantastic but Josh is right. I wish I could port Darren's over to a better body.

Why can't you? The head should work on any body you choose?

Sorry, don't care for this Aragorn at all. The clothing isn't bad, but that face........no.

Agreed... admittedly the hair on ACI's Aragorn is some of the best I've seen from a company, but synthetic just doesn't work in this scale and no company seems to want to mess with something like lambs fur.

Why can't you? The head should work on any body you choose?

I can't get the boots to work. I have tried before and ended up not being able to get it to work and then broke the Sideshow body trying to put the boots back on. It is a good thing I picked up a few when people were practically giving them away.

I agree with you, but we are still researching how to use real hair or any kind of natural fur/hair from animal into the production.
The only way of the whole industry could only use synthetic material right now. And I guess we do really "good" comparing to all other companies.
If you could have any advises willing to share, it will be wonderful to all of us here!
Best regards,
Bryan

I love realistic hair. But any company can't make it looks good. Part of the problem is the material they use that looks synthetic and doll like.

I agree with you, but we are still researching how to use real hair or any kind of natural fur/hair from animal into the production.
The only way of the whole industry could only use synthetic material right now. And I guess we do really "good" comparing to all other companies.
If you could have any advises willing to share, it will be wonderful to all of us here!
Best regards,
Bryan

PM incoming. ;-)

I read ACI comment about any advice. First thing I thought was Pm Elvis and then I scrolled down.:)

I hope you will be ready when you see final products!
Thanks
Bryan

I'm not sure I'm mentally or emotionally prepared for rooted hair on a male figure.

This actually looks pretty good.

I can't get the boots to work. I have tried before and ended up not being able to get it to work and then broke the Sideshow body trying to put the boots back on. It is a good thing I picked up a few when people were practically giving them away.

Yeah, those boots are stiff. Did you try to heat them first... don't worry about the wrap, it will be safe. Just place the boots in near boiling water (I microwave a cup for 3 minutes) for 30 or so seconds until the boots get soft then the should just come right off.

ACI -- just hire Elvis (Seb).

QFT... surprised no one has hired him at least as a consultant :huh

Back