ACI Toys: 1/6 ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [ACI TOYS] 1/6 LORD OF THE RINGS - ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

On this photo, he looks OK:
attachment.php

quite close to this shot:
attachment.php

It all depends on light.

And the figure has shorter hair than in the movie, just a slightly, but shorter.
Making wrinkles less prominent would improve the sculpt too.
And the tree on his bracers should be painted silver:
Aragorn-in-the-Fellowship-of-the-Ring-aragorn-34519237-563-831.jpg

I think simply not coloring his wrinkles on his forehead thát dark would help.

Re: [ACI TOYS] 1/6 LORD OF THE RINGS - ARAGORN (Improved Production Copy updated!)

I don't know, he still looks off to me. In the above picture, it looks like his chin is too small for the upper part of his face.

I don't know, he still looks off to me. In the above picture, it looks like his chin is too small for the upper part of his face.

It is actually not, and they enlarged it on preproduction sculpt update, anyway.

If I was a decision maker from ACI, I'd drop the rooted hair immediately. The figure looks like some sort of barbie/drag queen hybrid. The underlying sculp looks good though.

If I was a decision maker from ACI, I'd drop the rooted hair immediately. The figure looks like some sort of barbie/drag queen hybrid. The underlying sculp looks good though.

Jeez, here we go again. Bryan has already addressed this issue. They are going with rooted hair. Stick with Asmus if you want sculpted hair. Some of us appreciate what ACI is doing.

At some point, when the execution is this poor, it becomes foolhardy to move forward. ACI is at that point. Rooted hair can be done well, this is not. Especially at this price.

Re: Article: ACI Toys: ARAGORN 1/6th Figure

Those blurry mid-distance shots make the figure look great.

I think the hair looks bad too, but not because it is rooted. I'm sure it could be futzed to look great. Bryan ought really have released some close-ups of the sculpt by now though.

How does something like this get past the owner of the company? Absolutely serious question

Sculptor: Sir, I have finished that half-a**** sculpt you asked for! Even sprinkled some Ken doll hair over the top.

Boss: Great Rodrick! We will take some dimly lit distance shots and those suckers at sideshow collectors won't know what hit them. 250 bucks a pop. Wait until we unleash Legolas with eye liner on them.

Everything on the figure is great, except the head, which happens to be the most important part. These small companies rush things, convince themselves things look good, then kill the line because it doesn't sell. Then we have to hear that LOTR doesn't sell well (ahem Sideshow!?). I say, LOTR will sell if done properly, not when it looks like some dude in West Hollywood on Halloween.

Should be just one. :lol folks please post this stuff in the main thread.

That looks pretty good Gruff. I think without the forehead lines being shaded in the production run (as Bryan mentioned) they should be subdued in-hand and not look so prominent. They are a little intense in the macro shots.

How does something like this get past the owner of the company? Absolutely serious question

Sculptor: Sir, I have finished that half-a**** sculpt you asked for! Even sprinkled some Ken doll hair over the top.

Boss: Great Rodrick! We will take some dimly lit distance shots and those suckers at sideshow collectors won't know what hit them. 250 bucks a pop. Wait until we unleash Legolas with eye liner on them.

Everything on the figure is great, except the head, which happens to be the most important part. These small companies rush things, convince themselves things look good, then kill the line because it doesn't sell. Then we have to hear that LOTR doesn't sell well (ahem Sideshow!?). I say, LOTR will sell if done properly, not when it looks like some dude in West Hollywood on Halloween.

While Bryan (the owner) and myself (the sculptor) are glad to interact with the fanbase, your attitude unfortunately does not warrant a proper reply.

That looks pretty good Gruff. I think without the forehead lines being shaded in the production run (as Bryan mentioned) they should be subdued in-hand and not look so prominent. They are a little intense in the macro shots.

While Bryan (the owner) and myself (the sculptor) are glad to interact with the fanbase, your attitude unfortunately does not warrant a proper reply.

I know your sculpt is fantastic. But it's a shame that there indeed are no true close up pictures of this figure. That being said calling this a half-a*** sculpt is a plain stupid remark and untrue.

Back