ACI Male Figure Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ETA Male Figure Body

I don't care what the "sculpting" looks like. That just gets covered by clothes anyway. It's a question of joints, articulation, size and general shape. This is the closest I've seen to a TT.

GIACI-FIGA.jpeg

At that price, I just may give it a shot. Looks to have the same articulation as a TT. But is it as solid?

These were discussed in the Star Wars custom section... seems they were getting good reviews. Although I thought they were ACI, not ETA :huh

This looks more like a copy of HT's OLD TT with the unrealistically broad shoulders. All the figures will look like they're shrugging. For that price, you can pick up a stripped HT TTA/NSTT body which undoubtedly is better in quality.

This looks more like a copy of HT's OLD TT with the unrealistically broad shoulders. All the figures will look like they're shrugging. For that price, you can pick up a stripped HT TTA/NSTT body which undoubtedly is better in quality.

By "old TT" do you mean the Standard TT that say the V1 Joker and Bank Robber is on?

Right... then add $7 for the feet, $5 for the neck plug, $10 for hands and pegs; a great deal :lol

And the standard TT still has a lot of great uses, sure narrow's and advanced have thier place. But the standard works well on a lot of figures.

By "old TT" do you mean the Standard TT that say the V1 Joker and Bank Robber is on?

No, it looks like the oldschool TrueType38 bodies with the really broad shoulders. I believe the Joker was one of the first on a narrow-shouldered TT.

Right... then add $7 for the feet, $5 for the neck plug, $10 for hands and pegs; a great deal :lol

And the standard TT still has a lot of great uses, sure narrow's and advanced have thier place. But the standard works well on a lot of figures.

Well, I'm assuming that if he's picking up the TT-compatible body, Mags likely already has shoed feet, head and gloved hands. So add a $5 neck adapter (small or large) and set.

here Mag. Dorgmal Snow talks about the ACI body in this thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89805

just scroll down. he has in hand pics and gives a good description of the body. hope this helps

Thanks G! :hi5:

In this pic the ACI (on the right does look like it's shruggin it's shoulders.

body1.jpg

Is it like a TT in that the shoulders can be pressed down for a more rounded look or up for a more squared look?

Would really love to see a video review of this thing...

Thanks G! :hi5:

In this pic the ACI (on the right does look like it's shruggin it's shoulders.

body1.jpg

Is it like a TT in that the shoulders can be pressed down for a more rounded look or up for a more squared look?

Would really love to see a video review of this thing...

360CAUCASIAN%20302x439_200DPI.jpg
359ASIAN%20302x439_200DPI.jpg

These look great in military clothing with assault vests, etc. However, in suits and standard clothing they look odd because there's no natural trapezoid muscle that creates a natural slant from the neck into the shoulder. It's basically flat. There's a reason HT moved away from them. :lol

No, it looks like the oldschool TrueType38 bodies with the really broad shoulders. I believe the Joker was one of the first on a narrow-shouldered TT.

The DX Joker was the first figure to use a "Narrow Shoulder" True Type. And this body was released at the same time (it's what I used for my Cop Joker:

HT_TRUETYPE_BODY.jpg

All the Batman/Dark Knight figures that came out before that were on what I've been calling a "Standard TT". Two Face, BR Joker etc. all had them.

Well, I'm assuming that if he's picking up the TT-compatible body, Mags likely already has shoed feet, head and gloved hands. So add a $5 neck adapter (small or large) and set.

Actually, in this case you are right. I have a bash that has a slightly over-sized head that is currently on a Narrow Shoulder TT, so I have hands, etc.

However, I would like to keep an eye on this company if they are gonna be making a line of bodies comparable to, but cheaper than a TT.

Back