ACI Male Figure Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DX Joker was the first figure to use a "Narrow Shoulder" True Type. And this body was released at the same time (it's what I used for my Cop Joker:

HT_TRUETYPE_BODY.jpg

All the Batman/Dark Knight figures that came out before that were on what I've been calling a "Standard TT". Two Face, BR Joker etc. all had them.

Actually, in this case you are right. I have a bash that has a slightly over-sized head that is currently on a Narrow Shoulder TT, so I have hands, etc.

However, I would like to keep an eye on this company if they are gonna be making a line of bodies comparable to, but cheaper than a TT.

Check out the TTL bodies. They come in under $20, don't have the shrugging issue and are straight-up compatible with TTs. Just make sure you buy one from a reputable dealer who'll replace it should you get a loose one.

360CAUCASIAN%20302x439_200DPI.jpg

These look great in military clothing with assault vests, etc. However, in suits and standard clothing they look odd because there's no natural trapezoid muscle that creates a natural slant from the neck into the shoulder. It's basically flat. There's a reason HT moved away from them. :lol

Yeah, that's what my Two Face is on. He looks like a football player.

Check out the TTL bodies. They come in under $20, don't have the shrugging issue and are straight-up compatible with TTs.

Actually, I just received two of them this week. Interestingly they are even more narrow shouldered than the Narrow Shoulder TT. And I was very pleased that all parts are swappable with TTs. It works really well for a guy in a suit:

P1130445.jpg

Sadly, the articulation is not up to par with a TT, so it's not the only and final solution/alternative to a TT.

And again I need wide shoulders for this guy:

P1110185.jpg

I have the jacket futzed out as wide as I can make it and the head still looks too wide to me.

Actually, I just received two of them this week. Interestingly they are even more narrow shouldered than the Narrow Shoulder TT. And I was very pleased that all parts are swappable with TTs. It works really well for a guy in a suit:

P1130445.jpg

Sadly, the articulation is not up to par with a TT, so it's not the only and final solution/alternative to a TT.

And again I need wide shoulders for this guy:

P1110185.jpg

I have the jacket futzed out as wide as I can make it and the head still looks too wide to me.

I don't think you'll get more articulation out of a TT. All the joints are identical. It looks like your DeCaprio might have a bit of a melon head. All a broader shouldered body will do is make him look like he has no neck. A TrueType Advanced might help as that has the broader shoulders and actually slopes down a bit. It'll give him a bit more "neck" and widen the shoulders a tad. If you want my opinion though, Leo has a bit of a fat head anyway and IMHO, your custom looks fine as it is.

Thanks for the input.

Regarding the TTL body. My only real complaint is the articulation at the shoulders. On a True Type there is a lot of play in the shoulders: up, down, forward, back. The TTL is designed to do that too, but not very well in my opinion. The shoulders function only a little better than a ball joint. Also the backward bending knees and elbows are weird. :cuckoo: Not that that's a real complaint though.

ACI body looks great, but shoulders are a bit too wide indeed. I guess I'd stick to TTL, just love 'em, bought a bunch of those for later use. Here's a pic of a Triad Suit on a TTL V2 body:

waynesuit.jpg

P1130445.jpg

Playhouse bods are pretty decent.
https://cgi.ebay.com/PLAYHOUSE-US-N...570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e3ea2932

hey what suit is that in you pic Maglor?

Speaking of comparing bodies, something I just noticed a few weeks back. Has anyone noticed how similar the Prometheus is to the Volks Neo Guy body?? The legs (with the gap in the butt) are nearly identical.

With all the talk about recasts and ripping off, I'm surprised not more people poo-poo'd Sideshow for copying the Neo Guy body.

Neo Guy

yhst-70052297082953_2148_26054576

Prometheus

2279887922_1168eea424_o.jpg

that was discussed when pic of pro body came out. As I recall some did complain SSC been lazy and ripping off the neo guy especially SS claimed they spent a long time on R & D. But most were happy the Buck will finally be retired.

I can't be sure when the Neo Guy came out, but when I looked into it, I've seen reviews of it from 2001, so considering the Pro came out in 09, right?? It's been a LOOOONG time. Maybe Sideshow figured people forgot about the Volks. :lol

With all the people here who hold grudges, I just thought I would've thought people would pepper in jabs at Sideshow every once in a while.

They've refined it though, changed the ab crunch, modified the shoulder, fixed the legs. They've made it their own. It just irks me that those terrible, floppy legs were copied from somebody else. I would've been fine with Sideshow's Indy had it not been for those legs. It started me down a path of customization that I will never complete.:(

Yeah, the legs are pretty annoying. One day I hope to put my Indy on a Narrow TT.

Back