Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone should redo this entire piece. No offense to owners, but this is really one of those really poor and missed opportunities by Sideshow. I just have too many negative points when it comes to this piece. I love the character, but this Twi'lek deserved more than what she got.

I own this piece but I agree with you bro! It was such a let down :(
wish they hadn't rushed it, i would've preferred waiting another year for a better executed piece

i have this piece myself as well, and i personally like it quite a bit. i don't have issues with it as some of you guys seem to have. i agree, the exclusive was a poor choice, but overall, the quality (in respect to my own piece) was pretty impressive. i really love this piece.

i have this piece myself as well, and i personally like it quite a bit. i don't have issues with it as some of you guys seem to have. i agree, the exclusive was a poor choice, but overall, the quality (in respect to my own piece) was pretty impressive. i really love this piece.

I'm happy for you, buddy! :)

Well I have to admit she is not as terrible in person as many might think she is ! Could she be better ... for sure ! Adam Bane is very talented but there are better fits for aayla for sure !

The excl. was just out of place and I will do a felucia fungi for sure to replace the helmet( which one I dont have displayed with her anyway)

Aside from the light up issue, I have no idea why people hate this peice. I understand that there are case by case situations with defects, but the overall design is great. Issues with the base? Would it have been better to have been a blank black one like all other SW pieces? The ex is cheap? Would you have prefered a useless litho that stays boxed or a mouse droid? I just dont get it. People are obsessed with ****ty pieces like the MJ and emma frost comiquette (which Ive owned so theres no bias) but selectively and arbitrarily hate on others.... Meh

Well, then I guess you asked for it.

1. The pose. It's awkward. Her head is almost turned 90 degrees to the left. It looks unrealistic to me.

2. The use of fabrics. They looks amateurish. They are stiff and the choice of materials not optimal. They do not fit on her body in an authentic or natural way. Does not look or feel like a professionally hand-crafted piece of licensed collectible to me.

3. Most importantly. Her color. The blue color of her skin is nowhere like the one seen in the movie. This looks way too saturated and artificial. The details and surface of her skin almost drowns in an ocean of all blue. There are no highlights or tones. It's just BLUE. They should have spent more time applying some levels to her skin.

4. The base. Well, it just looks like them bottom of an aquarium. It may look a little like Felucia, but it looks half-hearted to me.

Bottomline, this piece was rushed.

Also, this is my personal opinion. I do not HATE this piece. I just feel that it is a missed opportunity. Do not mistake dissatisfaction with hatred. We are all allowed to have our views and opinions on certain pieces, and as I have made clear before, I respect the collectors who like this piece, and I feel happy for them.

Still, I maintain my personal view on this piece.

Still happy with mine, but as others have stated, this one could have been delivered at a whole 'nother level. There's definitely room for improvement with the skin color. Turning the head near 90 degrees is not impossible, yet it's not really something I would have chosen to immortalize the character on my shelf.

Well, then I guess you asked for it.

1. The pose. It's awkward. Her head is almost turned 90 degrees to the left. It looks unrealistic to me.

2. The use of fabrics. They looks amateurish. They are stiff and the choice of materials not optimal. They do not fit on her body in an authentic or natural way. Does not look or feel like a professionally hand-crafted piece of licensed collectible to me.

3. Most importantly. Her color. The blue color of her skin is nowhere like the one seen in the movie. This looks way too saturated and artificial. The details and surface of her skin almost drowns in an ocean of all blue. There are no highlights or tones. It's just BLUE. They should have spent more time applying some levels to her skin.

4. The base. Well, it just looks like them bottom of an aquarium. It may look a little like Felucia, but it looks half-hearted to me.

Bottomline, this piece was rushed.

Also, this is my personal opinion. I do not HATE this piece. I just feel that it is a missed opportunity. Do not mistake dissatisfaction with hatred. We are all allowed to have our views and opinions on certain pieces, and as I have made clear before, I respect the collectors who like this piece, and I feel happy for them.

Still, I maintain my personal view on this piece.

Off course its a personal view, and I did ask for. I wanted to know

https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/aayla-secura/images/13437887/title

She seems to love awkard head angles.

Granted the blue is different, we honestly have to ask ourselves if every single version of the character looks the same. Every illustrator from republic drew her differently from one another, and the clone wars obviously went in different direction as well.

The cloth works for me but Im no expert. I do know that if her clothing was molded instead, it would have been poorly received as well.

And I appreciate the effort on the base more so than a plain black one as said before.

Im sure all these points where brought up before, and at least you have more validity than others with your dissatisfaction.

The cloth works for me but Im no expert. I do know that if her clothing was molded instead, it would have been poorly received as well.

And I appreciate the effort on the base more so than a plain black one as said before.

Agreed on both accounts.

Can someone get pics up of Aayla and Ti posed together with lightsabers glowing!? :panic: :pray:

I took a pic earlier with the crew together.
You can see there's no comparison. Aayla's lightsaber isn't as bright, but it could also be due to having older batteries.

9517438983_e6925c463a_b.jpg

Note: Talon's lightsaber is on as well and Ventress does not light.

Got all four beauties as well and cant wait for the same sight :)

You can see there's no comparison. Aayla's lightsaber isn't as bright, but it could also be due to having older batteries.

Great picture. I'm giving ventress a miss but will definitely hunt down talon and Secura at some point.

You've definitely got to post a few pics once you've done one and I'll be first in line to order! Might bring some life to the piece :lol

will def. do ! :) Yep some live is what this piece needs and I think something like that will push this piece up a bit :)

nice pic bro. nice how you got all the ladies out with sabres lighted! killer showing.

Great picture. I'm giving ventress a miss but will definitely hunt down talon and Secura at some point.
Yeah, I wish someone could work on better clothing for Ventress, but that's a long shot. Definitely look for the other two and thanks for the kind words.:hi5:
nice pic bro. nice how you got all the ladies out with sabres lighted! killer showing.

I knew at some point I wanted to take a pic of all the women together, but just waiting on Shaak to get here. Honestly... I'm not even sure what gender Asajj is. :rotfl
Thanks for the compliment. :hi5:

Yeah, I wish someone could work on better clothing for Ventress, but that's a long shot. Definitely look for the other two and thanks for the kind words.:hi5:

I knew at some point I wanted to take a pic of all the women together, but just waiting on Shaak to get here. Honestly... I'm not even sure what gender Asajj is. :rotfl
Thanks for the compliment. :hi5:

the sw universe can't discriminate against hermaphrodite sith apprentices :lol i have all the ladies except asajj.

Back