A very very unhappy Sideshow customer!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...your post jumps all over the place and doesn't make much sense to me. Let me try and sort this out...

1. You and some friends get your Grey Hulk ordered, your brother thinks he does but he gets an e-mail saying it was oversold but gets a $75 credit.

2. Your brother calls Customer service and they ask for written authorization for his use of someone else's credit card to prevent Identity Theft. I see no problem with that as that is a serious concern.

3. He receives an e-mail offer from Sideshow customer service offering a Grey Hulk and the $75 credit. Decent enough offer.

An email comes in offering to put a order in for the Gray PF and apply the credit to the order, He does not like it and is not into reselling (which) he was accused of later by Dawn. If we wanted to "bypass" the system (in her own words) why on earth would he not take her up on her offer. Or why did I not order one? Neither of us LIKE the piece. It would be a sure money maker but he said he was not interested.

4. He declines (why exactly?) and is upset about what?

5. You state that neither of you LIKE the piece but you said earlier that you ordered it?? Why was he going to order it then??

6. Then you call them and they flag your account and ask for your information to verify your account.

Sounds to me like all they are trying to do is verify that someones account wasn't hacked in to because of all the questions raised by trying to order a very limited number piece with someone elses credit card. They made very decent offers and most companies would say tough luck. I don't know how you were handling yourself to the customer service reps but I would guess that you weren't to calm and collected gathering from your rant here.

Not trying to attack you but the post is a little incoherent and lacking information in certain areas, so I could be missing something.

SideshowDusty said:
I, like everyone else on the board, cannot confess to know ANYTHING about this situation, but I'm thinking that if you were to post detailed account information (order numbers, credit cards, names, etc) that it would be deleted at that point... perhaps that is what they meant? :confused:

It was very clear that any negative posts about Sideshows handling of this matter would result in Cancellation of both accounts.

Do you really think that laughing at a guy after you accuse him of profiteering is good Customer Service, and then telling him he has to mail in I.D to prove he is who he is or all orders will be cancelled?

show73 said:
I agree, why would a flipper turn down an opportunity for an easy flip then?
He could have had the Gray PF if he wanted it, but instead one of you guys got it.
it sounds like one great big massive misunderstanding between you and ss.
maybe dusty can be a go between to get your account restored.
all the best...

The board is a separate entity from Sideshow, we are just very, very fortunate that SS has 'adopted' us as somewhat of their unofficial forum and actively participate in discussions here.

While I sincerely understand your frustration and need to vent, like has been mentioned before CS issues should be handled directly with CS and not aired out on the board. I know issues are not always resolved to the customers liking, and unfortunately this seems to be the case here.

You are upset over what you feel are strongarm tactics from SS. Some could argue that by posting the problem here in this public forum you are also using strongarm tactics hoping for a change in resolution by drawing more attention to the problem. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that is your motive because I don't and cannot know that, but it can be viewed that way.

Also try to look at SS's perspective as well. They have to fight a constant battle against folks not only trying identity theft but also individuals trying to bypass the purchase limits placed on their products. They have to inforce the policies as 'blanket' descisions. I mean they are unable to know your exact situation and motives so they have to treat everyone the same. Unfortunately innocent people get caught in the middle sometimes. Just keep in mind that even though the story you gave CS may be accurate and sincere, SS has probably heard that same story 10 other times by individuals just trying to pull one over.

I'm definitely not trying to be judgmental here, but this is exactly why CS issue should stay off the board and be handled with CS directly.

Natrix said:
Wow...your post jumps all over the place and doesn't make much sense to me. Let me try and sort this out...

1. You and some friends get your Grey Hulk ordered, your brother thinks he does but he gets an e-mail saying it was oversold but gets a $75 credit.

2. Your brother calls Customer service and they ask for written authorization for his use of someone else's credit card to prevent Identity Theft. I see no problem with that as that is a serious concern.

3. He receives an e-mail offer from Sideshow customer service offering a Grey Hulk and the $75 credit. Decent enough offer.

I am sorry he declined the chance to be ahead of the ordering line for the PF Hulk
5. You state that neither of you LIKE the piece but you said earlier that you ordered it?? Why was he going to order it then??
We ordered the VS piece not the PF

6. Then you call them and they flag your account and ask for your information to verify your account.

The account was already verified by phone which was ok for the Han Solo PF EXC and Luke PF EXC

Sounds to me like all they are trying to do is verify that someones account wasn't hacked in to because of all the questions raised by trying to order a very limited number piece with someone elses credit card. They made very decent offers and most companies would say tough luck. I don't know how you were handling yourself to the customer service reps but I would guess that you weren't to calm and collected gathering from your rant here.

Exactly too angry HULK SMASH.

Not trying to attack you but the post is a little incoherent and lacking information in certain areas, so I could be missing something.
That did not work lets try one by one so sorry that my effective communications classes are obviously failing me right now.

He declined the chance to be ahead of the ordering line for the PF Hulk leaving for someone else because he had no interest in owning the PF Gray.

We ordered the VS piece not the PF, All of us got our Grays VS except little brother who ordered before the buddies we called to let them know about it.

The account was already verified by phone which was ok at the time for the Han Solo PF EXC and Luke PF EXC, now all of a sudden it is a problem when he complains about their mistake.

A mess and mad as hell when I ranted...I agree 100%

Last edited:
Hi all!!

I too have had troubles with SSC customer service. I have been a loyal customer for years, and so is my twin brother. Until recently, we have lived separately and have never had a real problem (there were some but they were computer glitches on SS part which caused me to loose two orders). Anyways, my brother and I decided to move in together in order to save a few pennies. Now that we live together, we cannot each get a SS exclusive due to our billing addresses being the same. I have called up SS and also spoke with Dawn explaining my history with SS, and for her to pull up my account to verify. She said that it was SS policy that two exclusives cannot be sent to the same billing address even though I use my work as my shipping address. This dispite the fact that it is obvious that we are both collectors and we have lived separately for the past 3 years. I have spent hundreds on SS's website which is easiy verified on their part. My brother and I had to play rock, paper, scissors in order to decide who gets to order the exclusives. Now if I want a figure, I have to go to eBay and buy from scalpers thanks to SS. I personally will never purchase another directly from SS. Now I will from Toy Square, Fireside, Darkshadow, etc... It was a very frustrating conversation with Dawn who would not even try to see it my way. She treated me like some lowly scalper. Now I am over it, but I thought I would share my experience anyway.

Cheers,

Brad

oxbeard said:
The board is a separate entity from Sideshow, we are just very, very fortunate that SS has 'adopted' us as somewhat of their unofficial forum and actively participate in discussions here.

While I sincerely understand your frustration and need to vent, like has been mentioned before CS issues should be handled directly with CS and not aired out on the board. I know issues are not always resolved to the customers liking, and unfortunately this seems to be the case here.

You are upset over what you feel are strongarm tactics from SS. Some could argue that by posting the problem here in this public forum you are also using strongarm tactics hoping for a change in resolution by drawing more attention to the problem. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that is your motive because I don't and cannot know that, but it can be viewed that way.

Also try to look at SS's perspective as well. They have to fight a constant battle against folks not only trying identity theft but also individuals trying to bypass the purchase limits placed on their products. They have to inforce the policies as 'blanket' descisions. I mean they are unable to know your exact situation and motives so they have to treat everyone the same. Unfortunately innocent people get caught in the middle sometimes. Just keep in mind that even though the story you gave CS may be accurate and sincere, SS has probably heard that same story 10 other times by individuals just trying to pull one over.

I'm definitely not trying to be judgmental here, but this is exactly why CS issue should stay off the board and be handled with CS directly.

I pretty much have to agree with Ox... we only get to see one side of the story, so how can we possibly know what really happened... and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you aren't telling the truth, just that we will never know for certain.

I don't understand. How in the world would they actually know WHO was posting negatively about them since we all use nicks and not our real names here? Sideshow does not own this board. They are willing members and guests here like the rest of us. And I can't even begin to comprehend why CS (not just Sideshow's but ANY company's) would want to threaten anyone with retaliation. Could there have been an outside chance that emotions filtered the answers given and were misunderstood?

I'm definitely not trying to be judgmental here, but this is exactly why CS issue should stay off the board and be handled with CS directly.[/QUOTE]

I am not quite following. Message boards are for both celebrating and uttering disappointments in my opinion. Every voice has a right to be heard. If you can't post about CS issues, then you shouldn't be able to post the positives either. You have to have balance, ying and yang, ie they both go hand in hand. It makes discussion much more meaningful and helpful. This forum gives the consumer a place to celebrate, explore, and vent about this wonderful hobby. If you start censoring it, you take away a vital piece of the puzzle. It's censorship and that to me is most upsetting. I am not perfect. If a patient is dissatisfied with my performance, I WANT to know. That's the only way that I can improve. Heck, I learn MORE from my mistakes, and I take great pride in what I do and how I do it. I hope SS feels the same way.

Cheers,

Brad

show73 said:
It was very clear that any negative posts about Sideshows handling of this matter would result in Cancellation of both accounts.

As I said, I know nothing about what happened, other than what you have chosen to post, but this seems entirely unlikely to me. Why would anyone delete a complaint?? (unless of course, like I said before, it exposed personal and private information) And if it were going to get deleted, why isn't it deleted by now?

As for CS, I can only assume that they were simply trying to uphold the user-account terms and conditions that were agreed to when creating an online User Account through the website:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=OUA0910

As the company grows, I can only guess that credit card fraud and people trying to cheat the system gets more and more common, thus more extreme measures must be taken. What was once okay in word, now must be proven in writing, etc. I'm sorry that you feel you have been mistreated, but it is a policy that is meant to protect people - and like I said, I don't know the details :duff

show73 said:

Do you really think that laughing at a guy after you accuse him of profiteering is good Customer Service, and then telling him he has to mail in I.D to prove he is who he is or all orders will be cancelled?

My brother, who lives out of state from me, ordered a couple items over the phone and had to fax his I.d. and cc info, wasn't a problem and SSC processed the order for him.

drbrad1975 said:

I am not quite following. Message boards are for both celebrating and uttering disappointments in my opinion. Every voice has a right to be heard. If you can't post about CS issues, then you shouldn't be able to post the positives either. You have to have balance, ying and yang, ie they both go hand in hand. It makes discussion much more meaningful and helpful. This forum gives the consumer a place to celebrate, explore, and vent about this wonderful hobby. If you start censoring it, you take away a vital piece of the puzzle. It's censorship and that to me is most upsetting. I am not perfect. If a patient is dissatisfied with my performance, I WANT to know. That's the only way that I can improve. Heck, I learn MORE from my mistakes, and I take great pride in what I do and how I do it. I hope SS feels the same way.

Cheers,

Brad[/QUOTE]

im not to shore about that...this member has had a problem probably
because of a misunderstanding.happens to everyone!!!!
you should be able talk a problem through with other freaks who might be able
to help with the problem.
its good to talk and get it out.
better out then in i say

pjam said:
My brother, who lives out of state from me, ordered a couple items over the phone and had to fax his I.d. and cc info, wasn't a problem and SSC processed the order for him.

He was in the process of following Dawns own Instructions of the letter and photo of license credit card. Then all of a sudden cancelled just like that.
What changed in a day, last correspondence from him was no thanks I do not want you to give me an advanced order for the Gray PF. the Reply , we are closing your account because of Identity theft.

im not to shore about that...this member has had a problem probably
because of a misunderstanding.happens to everyone!!!!
you should be able talk a problem through with other freaks who might be able
to help with the problem.
its good to talk and get it out.
better out then in i say[/QUOTE]

Hmm....I agree...don't see what you aren't sure about Doc? But I truly and sincerely agree with you!!

Cheers,

Brad

I've never personally had a bad experience with any CS dept, partly because I am a pretty calm person and tend to talk things out until they work. This situation seems like a HUGE misunderstanding, a loss of communication between the two parties that mislead everyone and spiraled the conversation out of control. I think that if you just pursue the matter with SSC, send your info (both of you) and take care of the problem that things will be ok.

Yes, your bro will still miss out on the Hulk. But he will probably get the credit back and apologies will be exchanged. And at least he can always go to your place and see it displayed... :D

I know how much it can suck to miss a highly sought after item, and I'm sure he was pretty livid when he found out. That coupled on the reaction of the CS dept is probably what started this mess. Talk to them as much as possible and things will work out.... I guarantee it.

oxbeard said:
Some could argue that by posting the problem here in this public forum you are also using strongarm tactics hoping for a change in resolution by drawing more attention to the problem. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that is your motive because I don't and cannot know that, but it can be viewed that way.
I have nothing to hope for, account has been cancelled, just venting to anyone who will hear. It's not like anyone hear is going to cancel an order because I got screwed over I know this and they know it too.

oxbeard said:
Just keep in mind that even though the story you gave CS may be accurate and sincere, SS has probably heard that same story 10 other times by individuals just trying to pull one over.

I agree but why was it never a problem before he complained about getting screwed. Then he is in the process of doing exactly what the CS rep told him to do to keep the account open and suddenly closed?

oxbeard said:

Trust me I hear you, I am pissed because the **** storm my little Bro started got my account cancelled, can't talk with a CS rep who has no interest in a resolution and who laughs at you.
The laughing was what sent me into a GRAY rage.

Back