A very hard decision....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to hear about your financial issues, bearmodel.

it is good however, that u know what your priorities are, and can exercise self-restraint in your spending. that's certainly to be commended. :)

i've also (temporarily) taken a break from collecting due to financial limitations, but coming here and chatting with the freaks is just too much fun. why stop even if you're not collecting? :D

I think you will find that a lot of us are in the same boat. I have had to sell a ton of stuff in the past few months and I can't foresee getting more than 2 or 3 items this year. But things will get better. Philosophies change. Do what you gotta do.

I've been through it Bear. I go through the same thing every year as an independent contractor and it's often impossible to gauge how much you take in from week to week on contracts. I've gone through periods where I can make over $1000 per week, to making $200 every other week (usually during this time of year)....although business is up from a year ago (so I haven't gone through it yet except for a one week period where I didn't work at all).

Just hang in there. Don't quit a hobby that you love completely. Get back on your feet, hold your head high, and when things get better..slowly immerse yourself back into collecting. While the cutbacks are going to hurt, make sure you stick around and chat with us here. We are a family here on the freaks board and we'll back you with whatever you do...

A lot of us have been through it. Just scale back, and keep what's important you. I sold off 99% of my collection and just kept my Hot Toys Dark Knight collection. I only have 2 pieces on order.

You enjoy it more when you get one piece every few months rather then 3 - 4 pieces arriving a week, like I used to do.

You'll find out, that it's only a hobby. It's not life or death, and while I enjoy collecting, I'm not addicted to it, like I used to be.

A lot of pieces that I think are nice, I can admire through other peoples' pictures now and not feel the need to go and buy it for myself.

Good luck bear. :)

Hey guys!

Thank you very much for the kind words and for the support. You guys are just great. You make this hobby worthwhile and I can't wait to meet some of you someday.

When it comes to my collection, I sold a couple of things and I'm trying to keep the rest but it is not easy. I have a few things on order but it came down to 4 of them for the year....

Mola Ram PF
Gandalf PF
Punisher Comiquette
Rocketeer PF

I can only keep two or three of them, but I can't decide which one. Gandalf is a must for me, but I can't decide if I keep Mola or Rocketeer.....I'm going to need some ideas here guys...

Again, thank you very much and I'll talk to you guys later

Bear

Sorry to hear about this, your reviews were cool! Wish you the best and waiting for your return

You can cut back and still enjoy the hobby and these boards. Like many said, we are all there or have been there. I don't collect half as much as I used to. Things are work at not looking good. In addition, I plan on making a move within the next year. To prepare for either situation, I'm saving up as much money as I can. Right now that's more important than buying collectibles. I have one item on order and two items I plan on picking up, but the question is when. Once things settle down, then I'll go back to ordering more. For now there are other things that are more of a priority.

Hey guys!

Thank you very much for the kind words and for the support. You guys are just great. You make this hobby worthwhile and I can't wait to meet some of you someday.

When it comes to my collection, I sold a couple of things and I'm trying to keep the rest but it is not easy. I have a few things on order but it came down to 4 of them for the year....

Mola Ram PF
Gandalf PF
Punisher Comiquette
Rocketeer PF

I can only keep two or three of them, but I can't decide which one. Gandalf is a must for me, but I can't decide if I keep Mola or Rocketeer.....I'm going to need some ideas here guys...

Again, thank you very much and I'll talk to you guys later

Bear

What if you waited on those items? I bet in 2 years you could get all 4 of those for the price of 2 or 3 of them brand new.

What if you waited on those items? I bet in 2 years you could get all 4 of those for the price of 2 or 3 of them brand new.

That's what I believe will happen....

Punisher will go up in price, so i don't think I will be able to get that for retail price, because i think it will be 350 or 400 in a year or so.

I think Mola will be about the same price, so maybe that one I could wait a bit...

Rocketeer is another one that I think the price will be close to original, although i don't think that the exclusive is going to be that much more than the regular edition, because it is not a must and I can't imagine anyone displaying the head without the helmet.

When it comes to Gandalf, I believe it will become a grail very quickly, like Lurtz and Berserker. especially the exclusive because the extra head is awesome and at the beginning of the Mines of Moria sequence, he does not wear the hat a lot....

So, I think Mola is the one I might just wait to get it. What do you guys think?

Bear

That's what I believe will happen....

Punisher will go up in price, so i don't think I will be able to get that for retail price, because i think it will be 350 or 400 in a year or so.

I think Mola will be about the same price, so maybe that one I could wait a bit...

Rocketeer is another one that I think the price will be close to original, although i don't think that the exclusive is going to be that much more than the regular edition, because it is not a must and I can't imagine anyone displaying the head without the helmet.

When it comes to Gandalf, I believe it will become a grail very quickly, like Lurtz and Berserker. especially the exclusive because the extra head is awesome and at the beginning of the Mines of Moria sequence, he does not wear the hat a lot....

So, I think Mola is the one I might just wait to get it. What do you guys think?

Bear

Very much disagree on the Rocketeer exclusive that is a must and that sculpt is spot on that I think it will be a well sought after.

Mola Ram will probably be about the same price, although to me the exclusive is a must and badass I don't think it will command a higher price though.

That sucks Bear...but don't leave us!

I haven't collected anything since last July! I'm still here....i just love the people!!!

Don't worry. I wouldn't say that u should stop collecting for good....but more for a while! You just have to keep positive! :)

I just started collecting last year...started with buying imported DVDs and that led to Sideshow. I'm already hoping I can cut down on some because I have put my dvd collecting on hold. Being new, I'm kind of eager to get every piece that catches my eye.

Maybe you'll have to cut back some, or maybe a lot, but I doubt your days of collecting are over. Do you have a favorite line you can stick to? And even if you do stop collecting for quite awhile, you shouldn't be a stranger to these boards. Like Bamboota said, people come here for the community aspect. Like me, I haven't had a date in over three years, so I was thinking maybe I could meet someone here:D j/k...I swear:lol

Back