A short Harley Quinn fan film you guys might enjoy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I didn't mean to be a ****** with my initial comment. To be brutally honest here:

The video is very clean, it's sharp. The filming was amazing quality, and the lighting is really good. When the video begins, I feel like I'm watching a real movie. But when the scene cuts to Harley, that's when it feels like I'm watching a home video. Her acting is atrocious, her laughter and screeching is like nails on a chalk board, which makes it difficult to continue watching the rest. Maybe you should audition a different protagonist.

see this i like getting, some straight up no ******** , heres whats wrong comment . i honestly appreciate that you took the time to break it down , so thank you

see this i like getting, some straight up no ******** , heres whats wrong comment . i honestly appreciate that you took the time to break it down , so thank you

Of course! I can tell you guys put a lot of work in this and it is important to get real criticism, it is how you improve. I truly understand as an aspiring web designer. So please don't get discouraged by the negative feedback.

How come Harley Quinn is so fat on her off days!?

you know what, we noticed after shooting how bloated she looked, it was her costume that made her look that way because the lady we filmed is pretty small and skinny, just a bad costume choice on our part. We f'ed up some stuff during filming and pre production, theres no getting around that,. BUT i am still proud of her and the team, we completed this film in the middle of working on our day jobs. It was very time consuming for everyone to film this, we literally went from montreal city, to the country side, then location filming, all over the course of 3 years to complete it, plus 2 months just of CGI .

in the end did it hit the mark for everyone, no, but thats completely fine, we cant please everyone, we also dint have the budget to up our game past what you saw, we lost the original harley actress and decided to carry on with the one you saw, was she perfect no, did she pull it off, we thought so, but thats the thing , when you do a film , youre so into that world that to you its all brilliant and full of possibilities , and you have a hard time seeing the bad.
we had screenings to see what others thought, they loved it and her so we thought ok, we got this, lets release. I guess in the end we where wrong and we should have selected a different test audience.

anyways ill end it with thanks to everyone for watching, even if its a small portion of it, i just wish you guy would look past some of its fault to at least see it till its end, theres a lot of work that went into the scenes at the 7 min 20 seconds mark, where you get to see less of harley, but instead get the justice league, the joker, robin , oracle etc, those little moments there took a long while to animate , anyways thanks again to everyone who watched and for both the good and bad comments.

Regardless of the content, it LOOKS good. It doesn't look cheap or crappy, which is surprising considering you said you didn't have a budget. :wave

you know what, we noticed after shooting how bloated she looked, it was her costume that made her look that way because the lady we filmed is pretty small and skinny, just a bad costume choice on our part. We f'ed up some stuff during filming and pre production, theres no getting around that,. BUT i am still proud of her and the team, we completed this film in the middle of working on our day jobs. It was very time consuming for everyone to film this, we literally went from montreal city, to the country side, then location filming, all over the course of 3 years to complete it, plus 2 months just of CGI .

in the end did it hit the mark for everyone, no, but thats completely fine, we cant please everyone, we also dint have the budget to up our game past what you saw, we lost the original harley actress and decided to carry on with the one you saw, was she perfect no, did she pull it off, we thought so, but thats the thing , when you do a film , youre so into that world that to you its all brilliant and full of possibilities , and you have a hard time seeing the bad.
we had screenings to see what others thought, they loved it and her so we thought ok, we got this, lets release. I guess in the end we where wrong and we should have selected a different test audience.

anyways ill end it with thanks to everyone for watching, even if its a small portion of it, i just wish you guy would look past some of its fault to at least see it till its end, theres a lot of work that went into the scenes at the 7 min 20 seconds mark, where you get to see less of harley, but instead get the justice league, the joker, robin , oracle etc, those little moments there took a long while to animate , anyways thanks again to everyone who watched and for both the good and bad comments.

Did u guys had any other actresses? Any other girl? At all?
Non actresses? Any blonde girl?

Is the girl in the vid really an actress? I know u said she is. I know that. But i have a really hard time believing shes a working actress. Really hard time.

Does she have any other works on youtube? Something else that we can see?

Regardless of the content, it LOOKS good. It doesn't look cheap or crappy, which is surprising considering you said you didn't have a budget. :wave

Well my day job is producing and directing horror films and doing content for companies,i have an actual background in production , yeah we dint use the best gear because of the cost vs gain which in this case the gain is 0$ since we did this film with the intent of a free wide release, we cut some corners where we could without affecting the quality as much as possible . You have to keep in mind that compared to lets say bat in the sun with the VS episodes, we dont gain any money from the upload and amount of views, we dont want to piss off WB and DC comics by gaining anything, not the goal right.
For those interested, our total out cost of production over the past 3 years was about less then 1000$ canadian total.
Everyone involved did this for free and i took on the bulk of the work by myself to keep the cost to a minimal.

That's interesting. Not being sarcastic. I don't know how that industry works to well.

Did u guys had any other actresses? Any other girl? At all?
Non actresses? Any blonde girl?

Is the girl in the vid really an actress? I know u said she is. I know that. But i have a really hard time believing shes a working actress. Really hard time.

Does she have any other works on youtube? Something else that we can see?

Yes the girl in the video has acted before, shes not the greatest actress but she originally fit the idea we had for our harley.
Now was there an other actress, yes we had what i think was visually the perfect harley, she looked the part and had the voice down. Why dint i use her, simple, time constraints ,that meant she had to leave the project, its as simple a that.

Also for those who might be wondering why our harley looked the way she did, well its simple, we came up with a specific look based on the new 52 harley with the hair split in two , and red and black shorts , corset , boots but all that was fitted to the original harley actress, the actress you saw had a different build, shorter etc, and she has issues about showing that much skin, so we went in a completely different direction, gave the original actress the original costume as a thank you for the time she gave us and moved on with who you saw,. Also , little side note, at the end of the film harley has a different look , thats for those who dint watch the entire thing, you guys might prefect that look vs what you saw at the start of the film.

Anyways , i know it might seem like im making a bunch of excuses, but im just trying to give you guys answers and the reasoning behind some of the choices we made. btw the WE i keep mentioning is the team behind the film.

Well my day job is producing and directing horror films and doing content for companies,i have an actual background in production , yeah we dint use the best gear because of the cost vs gain which in this case the gain is 0$ since we did this film with the intent of a free wide release, we cut some corners where we could without affecting the quality as much as possible . You have to keep in mind that compared to lets say bat in the sun with the VS episodes, we dont gain any money from the upload and amount of views, we dont want to piss off WB and DC comics by gaining anything, not the goal right.
For those interested, our total out cost of production over the past 3 years was about less then 1000$ canadian total.
Everyone involved did this for free and i took on the bulk of the work by myself to keep the cost to a minimal.

What horror movies?

That's interesting. Not being sarcastic. I don't know how that industry works to well.

Its a fun but demanding industry, its more complicated then what most would think it is. Loads of work being done by soo many people that you dont even know did anything on films. its quite literally a gigantic roller coaster of talented people that are just hoping that they get to the end of the ride in one piece with something worth watching

Harley's Day Off. :wave

funny.... :wave

I honestly dont want to touch on any previous work i did, yes im avoiding that subject because it always feels like gloating to me, like hey i did this and this and this, im awesome right.... right..
so yeah anyways i did some stuff in the horror field, i had films in festivals and conventions in the US and Canada.

pm me and ill answer the above.

funny.... :wave

I honestly dont want to touch on any previous work i did, yes im avoiding that subject because it always feels like gloating to me, like hey i did this and this and this, im awesome right.... right..
so yeah anyways i did some stuff in the horror field, i had films in festivals and conventions in the US and Canada.

pm me and ill answer the above.

You've been really good with how you've responded to some harsh comments. You turned the thread around from what could have been a train-wreck.

I had trouble watching it, like a lot of others here - I did try hard given the first page of comments, but still only made it to 2 minutes and scrubbed through the rest, sorry.

My main problem is with the actress and the writing. She's looks too frumpy on screen (which you've acknowledged as poor costume choice) and the wig doesn't help - it could be a guy in drag. And I can see underneath the costume and make-up that she's not an unattractive girl by any stretch - but her profile is not her best angle! Her voice grates and the dialogue is written without much consideration as to how the camera can assist with the comedy (ie conceal/reveal etc).

The opening sequence takes place in a tight space, which is difficult... and it's comedy, which is incredibly hard to write and direct.

From the sequence I watched, the audio was ok - well produced, but doesn't seem to hit the same beats as the visuals.

The production values are pretty good, that's a definite plus. Props for churning this out with no budget and sticking with it over 3 years.

Posting the film on here to invite feedback was ballsy. I'd watch your next film just because you've got class.

it is kinda sad that all his hard work and dedication to the project got overshadowed by a pretty cringey performance. most cant even finish the thing lol.

You've been really good with how you've responded to some harsh comments. You turned the thread around from what could have been a train-wreck.

I had trouble watching it, like a lot of others here - I did try hard given the first page of comments, but still only made it to 2 minutes and scrubbed through the rest, sorry.

My main problem is with the actress and the writing. She's looks too frumpy on screen (which you've acknowledged as poor costume choice) and the wig doesn't help - it could be a guy in drag. And I can see underneath the costume and make-up that she's not an unattractive girl by any stretch - but her profile is not her best angle! Her voice grates and the dialogue is written without much consideration as to how the camera can assist with the comedy (ie conceal/reveal etc).

The opening sequence takes place in a tight space, which is difficult... and it's comedy, which is incredibly hard to write and direct.

From the sequence I watched, the audio was ok - well produced, but doesn't seem to hit the same beats as the visuals.

The production values are pretty good, that's a definite plus. Props for churning this out with no budget and sticking with it over 3 years.

Posting the film on here to invite feedback was ballsy. I'd watch your next film just because you've got class.

Thanks, and yeah theres nothing to gain from acting like a **** and replying to anyone in a negative way, i prefer to keep it civil and respect everyone.

Look i see it this way, everyone who left a comment watched it and i appreciate that a lot. So ok half the people who have seen it like it and the other half hates it, thats ok, i never expected to please everyone, theres no way to do so.
Did i miss the mark with the casting, according to half the people , YES, and that sucks because i wanted to please all the fans of the character a much as its humanly possible to do.

And concerning why i posted it here , well why not, you never know what you got until you put it out there. if its good, then awesome, if its bad then ok , learn from it and move on to the next project and you get to grow and learn from the mistakes made and thats how you get to make something better next time.

And yes its scary to post anything anywhere and i fully knew when i posted here that it was going to be either loved or destroyed and all that, but again thats fine, now i know what to do next time to please the audience from this forum and ill keep that in the back of my mind and try again if possible .

I learned a while back that theres nothing to win from taking anything said about your work badly, if you f'ed up then learn and move on , thats it.

it is kinda sad that all his hard work and dedication to the project got overshadowed by a pretty cringey performance. most cant even finish the thing lol.

Honestly yeah that sucks and all but i just appreciate that all those who posted a reply took the time to watch it in the first place.
To me it would have been worst not to get any god or bad feedback at all and have the film just waste up on youtube with a handful of views.
Not because of any money gain, heck im not making a single dime, there was a copyright claim on the film by the music composer and hes making money from the adds and im fine with that because i dint do it for the money at all.

But the reason it would be sad to get no views is simply because , im not alone who worked on this film, i think it would have been a shame for everyone involved to not have their work seen, even if its bits of it by some, to me that warrants the time and effort.

We just ended up apparently making the dawn of justice of the fan films instead of the deadpool of shorts. and thats fine, theres always a next time with a different character and story.

Honestly yeah that sucks and all but i just appreciate that all those who posted a reply took the time to watch it in the first place.
To me it would have been worst not to get any god or bad feedback at all and have the film just waste up on youtube with a handful of views.
Not because of any money gain, heck im not making a single dime, there was a copyright claim on the film by the music composer and hes making money from the adds and im fine with that because i dint do it for the money at all.

But the reason it would be sad to get no views is simply because , im not alone who worked on this film, i think it would have been a shame for everyone involved to not have their work seen, even if its bits of it by some, to me that warrants the time and effort.

We just ended up apparently making the dawn of justice of the fan films instead of the deadpool of shorts. and thats fine, theres always a next time with a different character and story.

:lol:lol:lol i like that this could be use as reference now :rotfl

Made it to the 6 minute mark. I tried. You really needed a cute actress to pull this off. Like, Inner Space Meg Ryan level cute.

:lol to be fair on the lass, it's not just the casting and performance. The writing didn't give her much to work with.

Back