A Quiet Place

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This movie is killing it at the box office it’s Paramount’s highest domestic earner since the last Star Trek movie and it’s already beaten Transformers 5 domestic run!

What that tells me is that Paramount is a horrible studio lol

Was a great movie !!!!! Despite the fact...
Spoiler Spoiler:

This movie is killing it at the box office it’s Paramount’s highest domestic earner since the last Star Trek movie and it’s already beaten Transformers 5 domestic run!

What that tells me is that Paramount is a horrible studio lol

Brace yourself, you're about to see AQP Sequels, Prequels and Spin-offs.

A Quieter Place?

Could star Ozzy Osborn and his family as they really struggle not to make a sound. Zakk Wylde comes in an kills all the creatures with his mighty pinch harmonics.....

A Quiet Place in the Sun....Disaster Artist 2 A Quiet Place...Silent Movie A Quiet Place...Quiet Place, 2 Quiet to quit

I was right down the middle on this movie - LOVED the performances and the family focus and the post-apocalyptic vibe.

But... HATED the stupid logic gaps and plot holes. Just super dumb, no real thought given to a movie that is SO rules dependent.:slap

Like... why set up a waterfall where people can speak normally, even yell, in safety - then show them living in the quietest part of the region where they have to use sign language? Why not live next to the river/waterfall, even just to deliver and raise the baby. Just STUPID. Wouldn't everyone just go the coastlines to live where the sound of the ocean is loud?

What about a windy day? Wouldn't these creatures just go ballistic, running and trying to swallow every tree that has leaves blowing loudly?

How could animals ("aliens"?) that are basically just insect-looking lions with great hearing have taken over the whole world within a few months? They are very much ravenous animals, not even "sentient" intelligent aliens like in "Signs." Why did the news article on the wall describe them as "indestructible" yet she can kill one with a standard rifle? For an animal that hunts solely with super-sensitive hearing, why didn't anyone figure out before that a super-loud sound like audio feedback would incapacitate them?

Even smaller questions became infuriating by the end:

Why use sign language when it would be safe to softly whisper inside a house (where the gentle sounds of the trees blowing outside would be louder)? Where is the wider community - why is there no one else around when you have a sizable family living in some security? Why are the creatures so absent and disatnt in the first third/half of the movie but seemingly walking inside the house in every scene in the second half, when nothing really fundamental has changed?

Why wouldn't you just set up bells triggered by long ropes to safely move around - drawing any nearby creatures out into the open, and you could shoot them with the rifle?

Cool concept in theory but something that doesn't hold up to even the most basic scrutiny.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the scene where the deaf girl snaps multiple times to test her hearing aid. Where were the monsters then?

Just saw this.

It's a good movie but yeah...so many plot holes and inconsistencies.

If the creatures rely completely on their hearing then how the hell do they maneuver so nimbly over and around obstacles?

If they used echolocation then simply being quiet around them wouldn't stop them from knowing you were there.

And their hearing is sensitive enough to hear an egg timer but not a heartbeat?

I liked it also. I am a bigger fan of the 1st one because I like the way being quiet added to the suspense. But this was a quality sequel for sure.

More of a true Creature feature then a family drama like the first movie.

I think the ending of the first film had more oomph to it but man I loved how prolonged the suspense was in this one. And I forgot how good the music is in these films.

Back