A question about "Iron Man III", the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And someone mentioned the surgery thing. I agree--why didn't Stark do that as soon as he got back from Afghanistan? But I don't see it as a fault in this particular movie that he finally decided to have the surgery. If anything it's a fault of the previous two because it's something he should have done a long time ago.

To me Tony's shrapnel was like Sean Archer's bullet scar of when his son was killed in Face/Off. In the beginning of the movie when undergoing cosmetic surgery Sean asked the doctor to make sure he put the scar back as part of the identity reversal when the job was done. But throughout the course of the film Sean conquered his demons and no longer needed that pain, the driving fuel to linger with him and he ended up telling the doctor that he didn't want the scar anymore. I think that's why Tony was finally ready to have the surgery done in IM3. He didn't need a daily reminder of what evil was capable of, or of his own mortality, he was no longer motivated by pain or anger or fear, he was ready to be a hero just for the good of it.

Of course the very next movie Joss Whedon decided that Stark would go out and create a psychopathic murderbot because I guess his fear and PTSD all came back or something but that wasn't IM3's fault.

Last edited:
I don't know about the "selling toys" bit. HT is a very niche community and Hasbro only released the MK42 and Iron Patriot to general retail. None of the HPP suits were ever sold at retail(Target/Walmart, etc).

Back