A Nightmare on Elm Street getting remade... again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Sheriff/actor from The Walking Dead would be a good Freddy, imo.

acYXQMl.png

WSm4zJk.jpg

No, no no that would be so horrible lol

I could never take him seriously

The performance of the guy who played Freddy in the remake was absolutely nothing like Robert Englund's. He was so incredibly different from the real Freddy that I can't fathom why they didn't just make him a different character to begin with. Yuck.

Yeah, it was a terrible movie. I also didn't like that they turned the paedophile aspect of Freddy's character up to 11. Made it feel a bit distasteful. I'm assuming that's always been part of Freddy's back story but I don't recall them playing it up so much in the previous movies. In regards to Freddy, himself, I don't know how one can replace Englund. Very difficult shoes to fill for sure.

Yeah, it was a terrible movie. I also didn't like that they turned the paedophile aspect of Freddy's character up to 11. Made it feel a bit distasteful. I'm assuming that's always been part of Freddy's back story but I don't recall them playing it up so much in the previous movies. In regards to Freddy, himself, I don't know how one can replace Englund. Very difficult shoes to fill for sure.

Imagine that, pedophilia distasteful. :lol

It's a different age, I'd find it harder to believe that if they made that movie today that they would just gloss over that whole issue. In retrospect, seems kind of weird that Freddy's predilection would be completely avoided even though they made sure to tell us he was a child molester.

Imagine that, pedophilia distasteful. :lol

It's a different age, I'd find it harder to believe that if they made that movie today that they would just gloss over that whole issue. In retrospect, seems kind of weird that Freddy's predilection would be completely avoided even though they made sure to tell us he was a child molester.
Lol. Yeah, it's just funny that aspect of his back story never stuck out to me in the previous movies since he went after teenagers and not 'children'. I always figured him for a murderer as opposed to paedophile. Seems like a pretty stupid distinction, I suppose :lol, but even in trashy horror like this, paedophilia just isn't something I want to explore or think about in any way.

Freddy was a child molester? I thought he was only a child killer?
The original movies I think were more 'killer' but IIRC the reboot made it clear he was a molester. I believe the main character has some doubts about the veracity of the stories they told their parents about Freddy abusing them and subsequently getting killed by an angry mob and then finally has a 'break through' and remembers the abuse. I think.

I actually thought that would be a cool angle if it turned out the stories were lies and Freddy was murdered for no reason. Then he'd have a great motivation to be doing what he does. Sort of like Jason having an endless blood lust because of those original camp counsellors that didn't save him or whatnot.

Last edited:
Lol. Yeah, it's just funny that aspect of his back story never stuck out to me in the previous movies since he went after teenagers and not 'children'. I always figured him for a murderer as opposed to paedophile. Seems like a pretty stupid distinction, I suppose :lol, but even in trashy horror like this, paedophilia just isn't something I want to explore or think about in any way.

I think by the time he started invading dreams his victims were teenagers, but when he was alive I was under the impression they were children.

Hmmmmmm... Now that you say it, I can't promise my memory is that good on this one. I haven't seen the original in nearly 30 years.
Now I'm starting to doubt my memory, too. :lol Will have to go read a synopsis now of the remake. *sighs*

Thank goodness, memory intact:

Wikipedia said:
...Eventually, Nancy and her friend Quentin Smith (Kyle Gallner) discover that all of them attended the same preschool together. Nancy's mother, Gwen (Connie Britton), reluctantly tells Nancy and Quentin that there was a gardener at the preschool, Fred Krueger, who abused Nancy and the rest of the kids. Gwen explains that Nancy was his favorite, and that she came home one day telling her mother about a hidden space in Krueger's room and the things he did to her there...

And yessss, our impressions of the original are accurate, as well. Freddy was 'merely' a child killer in those and not a molester:

Wikipedia said:
A Nightmare on Elm Street was originally going to follow the same design as Platinum Dunes' other remake, Friday the 13th, with the writers taking what they thought were the best elements from each of the films and creating a single storyline with them. Eventually, they decided to use Craven's original storyline, and try to create a scarier film. That being, they decided to remove the one-line quipping Freddy, who had become less scary and more comical over the years, and bring him back to a darker nature; this included developing the character as a true child molester, something that Craven wanted to do originally in 1984 but changed to a child killer instead.

Last edited:
Freddy was a child molester? I thought he was only a child killer?

Child killer.

The molester stuff from the remake were just to make him meaner. That and Jackie Earle Haley looks like a molester anyway.

I mean, ****! I have a NECA action figure of a child molester! :gah: Killing horny teenagers is one thing, but that child stuff is not cool.

Meh, people also have figures of Michael Jackson on their shelf too.

Back