A Michael Myers Comparison! L@@K!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voorhees27

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is how I see the "only" true Myers look:

Here is what Sideshow gave us:

Here is what I think it looks like:

I think its only fair we get another decent looking Myers 12" what do you guys think?

I never understood why there was only 1 Myers when they've made Jasons from every movie. Myers did vary slightly over time. They could at least give us a Zombie film version or ultimately a child version. That would be the best...

I am not pleased with the Myers they gave us. Yes, I did buy it, but it left me wanting something better. I would certainly buy another one. He did change over the films. Surely there is enough of a market to make another?

Ive never understood why they choose to make just one myers.They make so many jason and freddy figures as it is.We need a new myers.

Billy

While I'm not pleased with the Sideshow Myers I can see why they only have one of him. He doesn't look that different. Sure the suit actor can look pudgier and his hair combed back (like part four) or all over the place like part six but the Myers look doesn't change too much from movie to movie.

Unlike Jason who's face can literally change from movie to movie. There's more to exaggerate on Jason than Myers.

They should do a Myers 2.0 and do it right this time. If NECA can sculpt a Myers head sculpt than why not SS?

The Myers mask did change a lot from movie to movie.

It's the same mask in parts 1 and 2. Debrah Hill actually had the original and let them use it in part 2. It had aged some of course.

The other movies used different masks and there are a lot of differences for sure.

I HATED the H5 and H8 masks.

To see the changes:

https://www.michael-myers.net/myersgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9838

The Myers mask did change a lot from movie to movie.

It's the same mask in parts 1 and 2. Debrah Hill actually had the original and let them use it in part 2. It had aged some of course.

The other movies used different masks and there are a lot of differences for sure.

I HATED the H5 and H8 masks.

To see the changes:

https://www.michael-myers.net/myersgallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9838

IMO Halloween 4's mask was horrendously bad! I agree about 5 and 8 though.

If I were to rate the masks, here is my order:

1. Halloween/Halloween II
2. Halloween Rob Zombie
3. Halloween VI
4. Halloween VII
5. Halloween Halloween VIII
6. Halloween V
7. Halloween IV.

I never bought the Sideshow Myers, because it was really terrible. I'm a big fan of the movie and that figure just doesn't do it justice.

Forgetting about the mask a minute, even the jumpsuite is wrong. Michael, especially in HALLOWEEN, wore a blue jumpsuit, and nowhere near as baggy. Wasn't Michael one of their earlier pop culture figures? if they still have the license it's time to go back to him. A redux done right would be so different from the old one it wouldn't have much bearing on them.

IMO Halloween 4's mask was horrendously bad! I agree about 5 and 8 though.

If I were to rate the masks, here is my order:

1. Halloween/Halloween II
2. Halloween Rob Zombie
3. Halloween VI
4. Halloween VII
5. Halloween Halloween VIII
6. Halloween V
7. Halloween IV.

Yeah that's pretty much my order to a T. The mask in part four is terrible.

Well, until they redo the head we can at least rectify the jumpsuit... Saw these on another board and Myer's was my first thought..

WARDROBESET401.jpg

WARDROBESET403.jpg

I was thinking that as soon as I saw it! That jumpsuit is one to one perfect for the scale...

That sideshow one, on the whole, is possible their (SSC's) worst figure ever...

Am I the only who wants a new 12" (or even 7", for that matter) Myers with a Tony Moran headsculpt? If SSC did him, it could come with either interchangeable heads, or a removeable rubber mask, featuring a 100% movie accurate Shatner likeness.

NICE jumpsuit! I'll probably buy whole slew of them and sculpt my own Myers mask. I can hair them and crank them out for easy money...:rock

I agree on the lack of Myers as well. The mask was different, the jumpsuit even changes a bit from film to film.

The original mask was larger and hung on the actors face causing distortion that became the "classic" look for Myers.

The second film was supposedly the same mask but it rotted a bit and shrank. The actors head was larger and stretched the mask causing distortion that made that look just as classic as the original. And the black spraypaint in the hair had started to fade, showing the blonde underneath. And the coveralls were weathered and had the famous "6 shots" bullet holes in the chest.

The 4th film was an entirely different mask, closer to the Myers we got from SSC. Very plain and featureless and cleaner shorter hair. Also the chest of the coveralls was bulky and the zipper was zipped up as high as possible, unlike the first two films that had a bit open at the collar.

The 5th was a more slender mask and build for Michael. I hated the design really, all in all... just looked like a redneck mask painted white. Cletus Myers as I like to call him....

Part 6 was an odd mask, very bushy hair and a horrible sculpted mask. Body was bulky again and shorter too. Horrible film too, but I would buy the figure.

H20 was almost like the SSC version, but with a small bit more detail in the face around the nose and cheeks and bushier hair.

Resurrection I can hardly remember actually, as I DESPISE that film. And they kill Starbuck. :lol

And we all know that Rob's Myers was different as well. But I really think that if they tackled the other Myers films the same way they did Jason that it would sell just as well to the Horror fans. Because most Layman Horror fans think that Jason doesn't change much from film to film either. And in actuality, it doesn't. For many of the films he had the same workshirt and pants on. Just changed mask and makeup. So it's essentially the same thing. Hell, we got 5 damn Freddy figures and they are almost the same as well. His makeup just got altered from film to film. The only other one would have been New Nightmare and Demon Freddy.

In summation.... MORE MYERS PLEASE!!! :D

But if you were looking at the masks, they are pretty much the same.

While someone like Jason, his faces are significantly different in each movie.

Even Freddy looks different in each flick, but not enough to warrant a figure for each one.

The only thing that bugs me about SS's Myers is the black hair. The rest of the figure and jumpsuit are fine. Especially for the time he came out.

IMHO if Sideshow doesn't want to give us an accurate Myers sculpt then please Medicom or Hot Toys do your magic! I sold my Myers because its just weak if you ask me, I need a Myers I or II not a half assed looking Halloween 4.

Not to mention I can't stand part 4 and 5 with the whole Niece B.S.

Arrrrrrrrh!

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Kaleb S. asks - Does Sideshow have any plans for a new 12" Michael Myers figure? If so, when will it be up for pre-order?

We're definitely Halloween fans, but we do not have any immediate plans for Michael Myers.

Back