A look at the new DC Direct 13" base body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Screamin' . I didn't realize the boxed were so plentiful. I had meant, though, that I had no luck finging the nude, loose version [my bad]. Anyone have a hook to theie whereabouts?? Thanks!! :help

I know it seems kind of wasteful but I've just bought the complete figure and either given the extra parts away or offered them for sale for five bucks. I haven't looked for them recently but you used to find them (the complete boxed figure) on eBay for around fifteen dollars. I bought a couple from www.war-toys.com very cheap, like $13. when they were closing them out. I still see them cheap on eBay all the time.
And DK is right about the articulation. With the exception of the ankle rotation it's the same as any other Dragon Neo. And unlike action figures, my ankles, nor any other non bionic humans rotate so I viewed this as a comparatively small loss. I think it's a very nice figure for bashing.

Just a note on the differing Batarang sizes: if I'm not mistaken, the larger one is like the classic boomerang style batarang, while the smaller ones are thrown more like shuriken. I think Frank Miller was the first to equip Batman with these in his Dark Knight Returns series. They're usually held three at a time between the four fingers of the hand.8o

Re: Batman Begins Info

Spolier ALERT!
(Dont read if you don't want to know anything about the
Batman Begins movie!)

They're usually held three at a time between the four fingers of the hand

He does this in the movie with 2 at the throat of Scarecrow.
Also, the different sized Baterangs, at least in my opinion are
because #1 he makes them himself (so they're not mass
produced) & #2 he uses smaller 1's for different things like
smashing lightbulbs & the bigger 1's to take out guns from
bad guys hands.

*ss*

Are the batarangs one sided? By that I mean, are they just flat on one side, or is the edge cut on both sides?

Also, how do the devices on the hands appear? Like white areas?

Finally, does he wear a velvet cape? Seriously, they used a soft velvet like material for the cape.

Michael
MWC

And DK is right about the articulation. With the exception of the ankle rotation it's the same as any other Dragon Neo. And unlike action figures, my ankles, nor any other non bionic humans rotate so I viewed this as a comparatively small loss. I think it's a very nice figure for bashing.

The calves supinate and pronate just like the forearms. They don't move quite as much as the forearms, and they twist more to the outside of the body then to the inside.

Re: Back to Batman bodies

Sorry about bringing this topic to the top, but I realized that I made an error in thinking the DC Direct Deluxe Bats figure was being manufactured by Mattel and had to make the necessary corrections. Mea culpa.

Back