A LONG awaited party!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this print for a while and finally got round to getting it framed in a way to do the fine art of the Hildebrandt bros proud.
I knew the look I wanted, but not how to achieve it, until a colleague at work told me he is starting his own framing business as a hobby. We talked about the look I wanted ; earthy, a bit aged/worn, solid looking and complementary to the tones of the artwork.

He came up with old solid oak floor boards which he stripped the top layer off to expose the beauty underneath. With a few ingrained stains, a few nail holes and minor cracks left in it looks a lot better than the photo's do justice and smells wonderful!!

I am happy to recommend him having seen a fair few of the pieces he has done and he is very reasonable and willing to try whatever frame design you may have in mind :lecture

hobbitpic011.jpg

hobbitpic010.jpg

hobbitpic005.jpg

hobbitpic004.jpg

https://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq87/DaveMac123/hobbitpic
002.jpg

That looks amazing, very nice! I have another print by the Hilderbrandt Bros.. the one with the Fellowship on their journey, with the tree behind them, I was lucky enough to have it signed by both brothers before Tim Hilderbrandt passed away.. They were my idols when I was in Art College majoring in Design/Illustration!!! Love their work, and your print is one of my favs! Enjoy your art and your frame.

Tim also wrote a wonderful book on fantasy art painting and technique.. loads of great stuff in it, His brother Greg has a few books as well!

I think the frame looks nice, but I also think it would look a little better if it was darker.

That looks amazing, very nice! I have another print by the Hilderbrandt Bros.. the one with the Fellowship on their journey, with the tree behind them, I was lucky enough to have it signed by both brothers before Tim Hilderbrandt passed away.. They were my idols when I was in Art College majoring in Design/Illustration!!! Love their work, and your print is one of my favs! Enjoy your art and your frame.

Tim also wrote a wonderful book on fantasy art painting and technique.. loads of great stuff in it, His brother Greg has a few books as well!

I have that print signed by them too. I really need to get it framed. I also have their Star Wars print signed.

6lsLk.jpg

As I said Dave, incredible frame work, personally I love it and think it fits very well :clap
x :wave

I love these prints being shown:rock.
So can these prints still be bought?, I'm guessing not but I would love to get some so a girl can hope, right? :lol.
x :wave

I'm not sure about the one I have. I bought mine a long time ago.

It was great being a kid (and LOTR nut) in the '70s. There was stuff from Barbara Remington, Pauline Baynes and the Hildebrandt brothers all over the place, but still so few LOTR collectors that it was pretty easy to find things at really good prices. I have one of the giant Remington mural posters (this isn't mine, but it's the same poster):

lotr-connected.jpg

It measures about 36 x 72 inches, and I think I paid $5 for it.:lol

I bought this one about 10 years ago. I had a friend make me a beautiful custom frame, but I forgot to have him size it for a mat. It still looks great.

I just took a quick pic with my iPhone, so it's a little fuzzy.

r4xJN.jpg

I love that print. Wish I had one. And your framing looks great. I don't think it needed a mat.

Thanks! Yeah, the frame is so nice I didn't feel the need to change it.

It really is a beautiful print (Tolkien was also a great illustrator). I should take a better photo of it. The colors are much more vibrant.

Back