A little confused, please help a new Angel fan...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Season 5 is my overall favourite season for the same reasons. Theres just so much emotional impact and you really get this overwhelming scense of how far they've come.
I still get tears the most from season 5(Your Welcome, AHITW:monkey2 ) outta any season. IWRY is up there too.

How I love this show...

Dayna said:
Doesn't sound like you ruined anything to me, I'm sure I already know Conner isn't a very popular character and I'd be very surprised if nothing ends up happening with W&H.
Conner's the whingey whiney one right? I recall reading about him in another thread.
Conner isn't with W & H, and he's not whiney but mostly quite.
And don't go looking up who he is otherwise you'd have MAJOR SPOILERS!
You'll find out who he is in season 4 I believe, just wait until then.

Seriously, don't look up who he is.

I looked up Doyle who was a favorite character of mine from the early seasons to find out if there was a reason why the character was killed off so early, and to my surprise I found out that actor Glenn Quinn who portrayed him died of an overdose of heroin in 2002.
He was a very promising young actor that died way too young. Very sad.

Not to hijack the thread, but why the US the last to get a complete ANGEL DVD BOX set. It's already available in Austrailia and the UK. Why does it come out in other countries first?

rockit13 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but why the US the last to get a complete ANGEL DVD BOX set. It's already available in Austrailia and the UK. Why does it come out in other countries first?

Does anybody know if there is a release date for the Angel box sets here in the US? :confused: :confused:

I guess I could get a different region set since my player does play all regions. I went on Ebay and saw that there are two different styles: one from the UK and one from China. I think I like the UK desgin better.

And the price is pretty rerasonable considering that you are getting all FIVE of the seasons. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

rockit13 said:

You are joking aren't you??!! I can't believe these aren't available in the US yet. That's insane! I should've got mine on ebay, BIN for $199 AUD but I left it too long & they disappeared... I ended up paying $240 for it. Then again shipping cost would have made up the difference because it's so heavy I guess.

screamingmetal said:
... to my surprise I found out that actor Glenn Quinn who portrayed him died of an overdose of heroin in 2002. He was a very promising young actor that died way too young. Very sad

I was wondering why I hadn't seen him since in other movies or sitcoms!! That is very sad news indeed! He had charisma (pun not intended), I still miss him. :monkey2

Finished season 1 of Angel, have to give it a rest until my man catches up, he's sooo slow and I promised myself & him not to race ahead like I did with Buffy. (he still hasn't seen dark Willow & I've finished the Buffy series :rolleyes: )
I sense a promise broken in the near future, can't hold on much longer.

Hey, I want Angel dancing for my banner too :D or Willow casting her dark magik would do. Anyone know where to find that one?

Now... what did I have to do? Oh yeah, Google search... Conner...

Dayna said:
You are joking aren't you??!! I can't believe these aren't available in the US yet. That's insane! I should've got mine on ebay, BIN for $199 AUD but I left it too long & they disappeared... I ended up paying $240 for it. Then again shipping cost would have made up the difference because it's so heavy I guess.

No Joke. The US only has the Complete Buffy Set. No word yet on an Angel Box Set. Here's hoping it comes out soon.

Darklord Dave said:
Season 4 is my favorite, although some of my favorite episodes are in S. 5.

Season 4 started strong and then went into VERY strange land. I wasn't too happy the direction it went. Thankfully season 5 made up for it. I think season 3 and 5 were my favorites. Even though the series finale was a major bummer.-

swiftlikessharpthings said:
th only thing I really dislike about season one is the episodic nature-- I enjoy the "novel for television" approach of later seasons. I wouldn't say season one is the weakest-- season four is easily the worst season of Angel, but that's just my opinion.

That is just because of that putz Conner. Otherwise it would have been a perfectly fine season. I love it just for the Lilah stuff. LILAH RULES!

Oh No!!! The singing, then a pink helmet :rotfl
I can't wait to see how else they can humiliate the poor guy in future eps! :eek:

I'm kind of a Buffy virgin too. I only started to watch the series recently. The last episode I saw was about Oz realizing he's a werewolf. Watching that episode, I noticed that Giles and I have the same taste in cars, for me too I own a Citroën DS/ID.

waverly94 said:
That is just because of that putz Conner. Otherwise it would have been a perfectly fine season. I love it just for the Lilah stuff. LILAH RULES!
Yep, Lilah is one of my all time faves from Angel.

Spoilery- Loved her sendoff in Home

Re: The Host

Ah, the host with the most!
Definitely going to keep this figure, nearly cancelled it but now I've seen what he's all about, I can't resist.

03_andyhallett.jpg

Lorne is a great character, but man, his nasaly, whiney singing voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I know, I'm not very tolerant of his singing either but at least they don't torture us with him singing songs in their entirety, well not that I've seen yet anyway.
I sure hope they don't!

I heard that Andy Hallett has just signed a deal to release a CD in the near future. He hasn't decided if it will be an album using the Lorne character or if he will go off in a new direction. :confused:

I actually kind of enjoy his voice... I like the two songs he has on the Angel soundtrack. Though I'm not sure if I'm ready for a whole "Love Songs from the Love Lorne" type of album. :eek:

But I might just give it a try. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

swiftlikessharpthings said:
I don't mind Lorne's singing at all. Maybe it's an acquired taste...

I guess you're right, I know he can sing, it's just too high for me and too many variations to notes that originally were,well... just the one note.
Like Christina Aguilera has a great voice but she does the same darn thing. I'm just not a fan of oooh-ahhh-yeahh-uh-hu in the middle of what is supposed to be one note. Pet hate of mine :stake
Andy's voice is just too high for me, very cat-like indeed.

Dayna said:
I guess you're right, I know he can sing, it's just too high for me and too many variations to notes that originally were,well... just the one note.
Like Christina Aguilera has a great voice but she does the same darn thing. I'm just not a fan of oooh-ahhh-yeahh-uh-hu in the middle of what is supposed to be one note. Pet hate of mine :stake
Andy's voice is just too high for me, very cat-like indeed.
I completely agree with you, I can't stand singers that do that vocal undulating thing. :confused:
It seems to me they either cant carry a note or they're too lazy to try.

The nasally singing style of Andy Hallett grates me too and I thought he didn't have a good singing voice, that was until I saw the Vegas episode in season 4. He hit this very high note at the end of a song perfectly!
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Actually I just watched Happy Anniversary (S.2) last night and Lorne used that high note to distract a couple of demons before flooring them and I gotta say, very impressed! He sure does have the range.
I do love his character and hope there is a lot more of Lorne in the series, putting up with the singing is a small inconvenience, he's sooo adorable :love

Back