A GREAT Interpretation of Beach Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: This IS the Definitive Beach Head

I don't like them. They great figures but they just aren't what I'm looking for in my SSC Beach Head.....I definitely want a sculpted head when SSC gets around to him.

They look more like real life soldiers, which is more of what should have been the basis for the film instead of those retarded super suit, flamboyant aspects Sommers loves to glorify in his more recent films. Just my little rant with apreciation for the creativity that went into these pieces. :)

I don't like them. They great figures but they just aren't what I'm looking for in my SSC Beach Head.....I definitely want a sculpted head when SSC gets around to him.

I agree.. the customs are great... but this IS NOT Beachhead.

By that rational, just about every Spetsnaz soldier in an M21 Assault Vest and an OD balaclava would be Beachhead. There's a certain authenticity that Mando captured in his custom, that's severely lacking here. Besides, being a good ol' boy, I seriously doubt Beachhead would be caught dead in flecktarn. :lol

The reason Mando captures, as you say a certain authenticity, is because he makes his figures as close to the original's look as possible. And we have that look etched in our minds since kids. If you ask any casual fan who this figure was, they would certainly know who it is, or who its supposed to be, Beachhead.

Last edited:

sculpted masks SUCK...

cloth should be made of cloth.

The problem with cloth masks, imo, is that if the sculpt underneath the mask has stuff that protrudes, say hair, ears, a big nose, etc. the cloth mask makes the head look unatural. A real person's, ears, hair, nose, ususlly gets flatten by a mask.

Last edited:

The problem with cloth masks, imo, is that if the sculpt underneath the mask has stuff that protrudes, say hair, ears, a big nose, etc. the cloth mask makes the head look unatural. A real person's, ears, hair, nose, ususlly gets flatten by a mask.

you sculpt the head accordingly... and/or as in the case of snake eyes... you make the mask nonremoveable...

especially in the case of a character like beach head who's face underneath isn't really important...

you sculpt the head accordingly... and/or as in the case of snake eyes... you make the mask nonremoveable...

especially in the case of a character like beach head who's face underneath isn't really important...

Oh, you are talking about an Sideshow made Beachhead. Then I agree, but you know its not going to happen, look at Stormshadow and Cobra Commander.

Oh, you are talking about an Sideshow made Beachhead. Then I agree, but you know its not going to happen, look at Stormshadow and Cobra Commander.

i thought that's why the whole sculpted mask issue was brought up... in relation to the possibility of a sideshow beach head...

a cloth mask on a custom version would be an even more definite choice imho...

like this one i posted the link to before...

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=830952&postcount=19

other examples of well executed cloth masks:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78397

i thought that's why the whole sculpted mask issue was brought up... in relation to the possibility of a sideshow beach head...

a cloth mask on a custom version would be an even more definite choice imho...

like this one i posted the link to before...

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showpost.php?p=830952&postcount=19

other examples of well executed cloth masks:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78397

Sorry about that, I misunderstood where you were going. I guess its a matter of preference. Im currently bashing a Firefly, and after several attempts with the cloth balaclava, it just didnt look right to me. Then I saw this one:
https://onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84460&highlight=firefly
and got inspired

Last edited:

The reason Mando captures, as you say a certain authenticity, is because he makes his figures as close to the original's look as possible. And we have that look etched in our minds since kids. If you ask any casual fan who this figure was, they would certainly know who it is, or who its supposed to be, Beachhead.

I doubt that. Think about it for a second. If you ask a "casual fan" who this is, without mentioning G.I. Joe at all, I seriously doubt you'd get "Beachhead" as a reply. :lol If he knew the camo's origin, he might say German SpecFor, but otherwise, you'd likely get either "SAS" or "terrorist."

First of I appreciate all those who enjoyed the pictures. And Blu Falcon thanks for posting my work here again. I know your intent was just to share with others for enjoyment.

Second I find some of the logic used here to fuel people's little opinion's laughable. This custom is Beach Head whether you like it or not. I really don't give a @@@@ about whether you think it's good enough for you or sideshow. I made this custom for me, myself, and I. Some of you with the @@@@@ little comments should actually try taking the time to make a custom of your own, and maybe you might have a little more respect, but maybe not.

No offense to the more level headed collectors here, but this is why I don't post on this forum, besides the fact that I don't buy sideshow. Just not up to my standards, :lol...............

First of I appreciate all those who enjoyed the pictures. And Blu Falcon thanks for posting my work here again. I know your intent was just to share with others for enjoyment.

Second I find some of the logic used here to fuel people's little opinion's laughable. This custom is Beach Head whether you like it or not. I really don't give a @@@@ about whether you think it's good enough for you or sideshow. I made this custom for me, myself, and I. Some of you with the @@@@@ little comments should actually try taking the time to make a custom of your own, and maybe you might have a little more respect, but maybe not.

No offense to the more level headed collectors here, but this is why I don't post on this forum, besides the fact that I don't buy sideshow. Just not up to my standards, :lol...............

I think you missed the entire point. Nobody's saying it isn't a great bash (because it is), but seeing something posted as the "Definitive Beach Head" opens it up to critique. Why? Because while in your own eyes, it might be, in ours, it's not. As far as making one, if I went about it, which let's be honest, it's not a full on time consuming customized-piece demanding figure, but pretty much a straight bash of existing products, personally, I'd shoot a little more for authenticity. And while you'll likely find Sideshow's Beadhead not up to your standards, the same can be said for yours and ours. I know that I for one, would be rather upset if a RAH Beachhead from Sideshow looked like yours... no offense. ;)

Last edited:

Okay guys, let's all chill. I'll take the hit for posting this as the "Definitive" Beach Head, which is the original title of this thread. For the record, I think it is. All the essential elements are there. Sorry that we all can't agree to what would be considered a true "Beach Head", but if this is how I'd imagine him if he were a real person operating in the real world. Now keep in mind that the creator of this Beach Head was also the creator of what I consider a "Definitive" Snake Eyes, which many of you were very receptive to. The title of this thread does open it up for critique, so my apologies to Golgo-013 for drawing undue harsh criticism to this custom bash. "Definitive" is clearly the wrong choice of word, and I'll revise the title accordingly. With that, I've seen a lot of custom work presented on this forum and others that quite frankly looks like utter crap, or far removed from what I'd consider quality work. But I'm not going to go around bashing someone elses work because I'm sure it means a lot to that individual, and who am I to drop a load in their Cheerios? I think from here we can all agree to disagree on our personal interpretations of Beach Head.

EDIT: Apparently, it's above my level to change the thread title to "This is a great interpretation of Beach Head", so I'll contact a mod and hopefully they'll adjust it.

Okay guys, let's all chill. I'll take the hit for posting this as the "Definitive" Beach Head, which is the original title of this thread. For the record, I think it is. All the essential elements are there. Sorry that we all can't agree to what would be considered a true "Beach Head", but if this is how I'd imagine him if he were a real person operating in the real world. Now keep in mind that the creator of this Beach Head was also the creator of what I consider a "Definitive" Snake Eyes, which many of you were very receptive to. The title of this thread does open it up for critique, so my apologies to Golgo-013 for drawing undue harsh criticism to this custom bash. "Definitive" is clearly the wrong choice of word, and I'll revise the title accordingly. With that, I've seen a lot of custom work presented on this forum and others that quite frankly looks like utter crap, or far removed from what I'd consider quality work. But I'm not going to go around bashing someone elses work because I'm sure it means a lot to that individual, and who am I to drop a load in their Cheerios? I think from here we can all agree to disagree on our personal interpretations of Beach Head.

EDIT: Apparently, it's above my level to change the thread title to "This is a great interpretation of Beach Head", so I'll contact a mod and hopefully they'll adjust it.

Again, I don't recall anyone saying the bash looked like crap, merely that it wasn't what we'd consider a definitive Beachhead. So to spin it into people talking ^^^^ about his customs is completely wrong. Clearly in his opinion it is, but that doesn't give him the right to ^^^^ on other freaks for saying it isn't.

I just think the critique was wrongly taken as a personal affront vs. choice aspects for the custom.

Last edited:

Again, I don't recall anyone saying the bash looked like crap, merely that it wasn't what we'd consider a definitive Beachhead. So to spin it into people talking ^^^^ about his customs is completely wrong. Clearly in his opinion it is, but that doesn't give him the right to ^^^^ on other freaks for saying it isn't.

I just think the critique was wrongly taken as a personal affront vs. choice aspects for the custom.

Well I never said that anyone here said these look like crap. My point is that the creator is rightfully proud of his work, and to say "it's NOT beach head" is just as f*$^ed up as saying it looks like s#!t. Who the F&^k are we to tell the guy it's not? To each his own. For the record I've got a thick skin, so I can handle some good honest feedback if I post something. However, others might be a little more sensitive about their work. It's called "tact" and you of all people should know what the hell that means.

I can see how he would feel a bit offended, as I'm sure he put a lot of time into it, likes it, and feels compelled to defend criticisms. But he posted this in a public forum at OSW. If it was only for himself, then why post pics at all? If it was just to get positive feedback, well, then maybe he shouldn't post it in a place where people feel that they can be honest about their opinions, because not everyone is going to love everything that any of us do (even Dark Artist gets some "criticism" for his work sometimes. . .though not much ;) ). In that sense, maybe that's why he didn't post here. I don't go to OSW too much, but maybe his "standards" restrict his posting to places where people don't give their honest opinions.

He clearly wanted to show off his figure, and rightfully so. It is awesome, and I personally am glad to have had the chance to see great customs like his and Mando's. But people here are just giving their opinions, which are pretty dang easy to give on an anonymous forum. They can be taken or ignored. I don't see the point of getting so bent out of shape about it. They don't take anything away from what he has done. It still stands as a great kitbash, though we all have our opinions of which is the "best" or of which better represents a character over another.

I don't think Golgo-013 will be returning anytime soon.

I just thought it was odd that he got mad because the majority of people thought it was pretty good. Sure there were 1 or 2 people that were straight up bashing it but you'd figure with the majority of the people liking the Custom that 2% could of been wrong. Other people did state what he could improve on to make it look more like Beach Head but I don't see how anyone would of gotten mad from constructive criticism.

I personally thought that his Snake Eyes was better. That WAS Snake-eye without a doubt. It's kinda of hard to do a follow up after that fig.

Back