A Ghost Story - by David Lowry (director of Pete's Dragon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to dredge up a really old thread but I finally got to see this and loved it.

One thing bothered me though, they strongly implied/showed he was walking through the walls at one point. Why couldn't he just reach in and grab the note? I guess the easy answer is he somehow "dematerializes" when he passes through versus being able to hold physical objects. Just curious if that felt weird to anyone else.

The questions about how aware he is are so interesting. Does time pass and he is, for lack of a better term, "zoning out" until time slows down again and we see a section of it that he is more enthralled in?

Was he unable to affect physical things when his wife was still there to let her know he was? I almost took it as he had to get angry or to "feel" an extreme emotion to shock him into being able to grab things. Is it apathy? Is it unexplainable?

Is time linear or circular? Or is he just "drifting" around and it appears linear to us until the settlers scene.

Back