A Ghost Story - by David Lowry (director of Pete's Dragon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

His view of events outside of time and space is absolutely worth pondering over multiple viewings. Man, what a great film. The "2001" of ghost movies IMO.

And that scene where Rooney Mara

Spoiler Spoiler:

Watching something like that where they don't "cheat" in any way really lets you experience the raw emotion being conveyed on screen. I love it when films can catch true acting in its purest sense like that. I mean

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't wait to see what Lowry does next.

His view of events outside of time and space is absolutely worth pondering over multiple viewings. Man, what a great film. The "2001" of ghost movies IMO.

And that scene where Rooney Mara

Spoiler Spoiler:

Watching something like that where they don't "cheat" in any way really lets you experience the raw emotion being conveyed on screen. I love it when films can catch true acting in its purest sense like that. I mean

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't wait to see what Lowry does next.

:lol

I hope, for her sake, that only took one take!

I also wondered why...

Spoiler Spoiler:

If this was by Malick, he would have shown us the big bang and the dinosaurs at the reset. :lol

Lowry: "That was good Rooney but lets try it again."

Mara: "Uhhhh, maybe next week..."

I also wondered why...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think that's definitely something we just get to wonder about. Your thought seems very viable though. And did he choose to go specifically to that time? Or did he just want to back up a bit and overshot by centuries? Was God or some higher power picking the times for him "A Christmas Carol" style or was he fully in control? Fun stuff to think about.

I also wondered why...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure it was intentional...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep, though he might not be up for it after the beating he takes from his wife on account of the truncated aspect ratio, lol.

I may be unaware of their history regarding this issue.

Odd, since the VVITCH was also filmed 4:3, or at least the Director had wanted it presented that way.

It was well worth the wait and everything we were hoping it would offer.

You felt for him even thru the sheet but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Glad you liked it!

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's my recollection from my theatrical viewing in July anyway. I definitely need to see it again.

My only real complaint was that the pie eating scene dragged on for far too long sheesh I was already to shut it off at that moment but we were glad we didn’t.

Other than that his
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

And the pie scene was one of my favorite moments of the movie, lol.

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

And the pie scene was one of my favorite moments of the movie, lol.

Only because Khev REALLY likes Pie. :lol

There’s a fine line between pretentious indulgence and art and for me that pie scene easily crossed the line into being pretentious.

They could’ve shown her depression induced self abuse in half the time.

I wouldn’t blame anyone for stopping the movie during that scene.

Thankfully that was the only one.

That nerds life speech was just as long but at least it was engaging.

My wife is now listening to that catchy song lol.

I do think the movie needs more meat on his connection to that house but otherwise definately a movie worth experiencing.

Back