A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some really nice display ideas man! :clap

The middle Iron Man shelf in particular, & your Rescue Cap spotlight set up - well done. :) :hi5:

Thanks dude!

That Iron Man section is in bad need of lights so the Monger can really stand out.

Sadly Ikea have changed the colour of their lights so i gotta wait and see if I can get the older ones.

I had a re-arrange of my collectibles room today. Bit of a spring clean, took everything down cleaned all the cabinets and behind them ect.. and changed things about.

Got all my Superhero figures assembled together for a fight, looks cool

I had a re-arrange of my collectibles room today. Bit of a spring clean, took everything down cleaned all the cabinets and behind them ect.. and changed things about.

Got all my Superhero figures assembled together for a fight, looks cool

Sorry but I think you are going to have to prove this 'cool' with photos! :)

Episode Five of the finest high-end action figure podcast is now up gentlmen.

On this episode we have an indepth interview with Big Chief Studios providing us with a great insight into the action figure making business.
A must listen for any collector!

Hot-Toycast-logo-Ep5.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-hottoycast/id571814459
https://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/The Hottoycast Episode Five.m4a

ha this thread is great. Three years old now and using the same thread. It is its own time capsule.

Early on people are talking about Hot Toys getting too expensive at $150 and looking forward to upcoming licenses like Avatar :D

ha this thread is great. Three years old now and using the same thread. It is its own time capsule.

Early on people are talking about Hot Toys getting too expensive at $150 and looking forward to upcoming licenses like Avatar :D

Avatar... HT royally screwed themselves over - not to mention Avatar fans - by not including an angry sculpt. Now there will be no Neytiri - the cooler character - and poor old Jake is still sitting there at Angolz for $220 :lol

Case Fresh recently had Jake Sully for $175 shipped during their sale. :lecture

Amazing price - no surprise that it sold out quickly after the.. discount. :lol

I just want to know do you all buy hot toys figures to collect for your personal hobby or collect for investment to sell later down the line. And what exactly makes a particular figure more rare or collectible or increase in price than other figures?

Posted from Sideshowcollectors.com App for Android

I just want to know do you all buy hot toys figures to collect for your personal hobby or collect for investment to sell later down the line. And what exactly makes a particular figure more rare or collectible or increase in price than other figures?

Posted from Sideshowcollectors.com App for Android

I buy them to flip, so I only buy those that are guaranteed to increase dramatically in value. I even bought 5 Two Face figures when they were languishing in bargain basement bins. You have to know when to sell too. I sold 8 Mk 1 figures the day before HT announced the 2.0.

I buy them to flip, so I only buy those that are guaranteed to increase dramatically in value. I even bought 5 Two Face figures when they were languishing in bargain basement bins. You have to know when to sell too. I sold 8 Mk 1 figures the day before HT announced the 2.0.
:lol :yess:

How many Tamashii 3PO's you gettin' Lejuan? :lol

See, I was thinking of buying two figures every time so I can sell on elater to make up the price.
But it's not easy determining which figures will gain in value.

If this is not only a joke, i can only say "happy Australia".

Last edited:
Back