A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
23 in 6 months!:horror

Bloody hell! Like pringles, once you pop you cant stop

Yup so true ..but pringles dont cripple your bank account lol.

Started about a year ago collecting high end 1/6ers .Medicom raiden being my first ,ironman m3 being my first hot toy ..i now have 5 medicom figures, 1 sideshow that being the new vader ..13 hot toy figures ..+ alot more on pre-order and 2 detolf dispaly cases.. expensive ..but its worth it when friends come round ..and your like ...o ya!!! ..............im broke

I have learnt, to my peril that Hot Toys are a very slippery slope. Trying to resist is like walking up a ski jump, with greased shoes, dragging an anvil………

I initially started with Sideshow, specifically the LOTR line, when my housemate introduced me to them through the Buffy and Star wars Line. I was only going to pick up the fellowship due to my love for the films and books. That was going to be it. No more 12 inch figs for me. The line was cancelled and I felt cheated…………

In my pain I turned to Iron Man Mark III and the rest is history. The level of detail blew me away. It really was a masterpiece. Even the packaging is a work of art. Mark II, Mark I, Gunmetal Grey and the hot toys Tony Stark Suit followed.

Since Christmas I have got DX Joker, DX Batman, Bank Robber Joker, Built a nurse Joker and also got Wolverine (possibly my fave of the lot). I am expecting my Blade any day now and have Mech Test Tony Stark on pre order. I am holding off on BD Iron Man and waiting for the new movie. I am most interested in the new engineering (guns, flair dispensers etc) which I hope will be included on the mark IV.

I also got Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from Sideshow due to my love for the comics as a kid, and a couple of Star Wars (Vader, Anakin and Ben), but nothing quite compares to Hot Toys. The level of detail and the likeness they achieve is remarkable. I really think that the paint and the tailoring on the clothes is what sets them so far apart from the other companies. They are also constantly looking at innovations to improve the overall look and feel of the figures.

So that’s my story. My name is Bob and I am a Hot Toys addict.

DSCI0004-9.jpg

DSCI0001-12.jpg

DSCI0001-11.jpg

DSCI0004-8.jpg

I have 11 in 3 months! But remember, I have trade my skills to help give me a big kick start.

Lol i just use cash lots and lots of cash problem is ive been going back and picking up the ones i missed i.e. a few preds, Ed-209, Leon RPD, Hicks & Hudson etc so ive dropped some serious cash in the last 6 months! All this at the same time as keeping up with the new releases I like, my wallet hates me but couldnt care less.

It was Iron Man man that got me in to Hot Toys as well Silent Bob.
I too was big fan of Snake Eyes and Stormshadow in the Action Force comics

Lol i just use cash lots and lots of cash problem is ive been going back and picking up the ones i missed i.e. a few preds, Ed-209, Leon RPD, Hicks & Hudson etc so ive dropped some serious cash in the last 6 months! All this at the same time as keeping up with the new releases I like, my wallet hates me but couldnt care less.

I would kill for a Predator 2 or ED 209!! :)

When you say Predator 2 do you mean the regular version, the Elder or the battle damaged version? I have 2 of the regular version preds.

ED-209 is awesome great piece

LOL !! I still think of it as "Action Force", it's what I grew up with and "GI Joe" still sounds wrong to me.
Sideshow Snakes and Stormie are great figures for sure, but I guess now with any figure I just think, "How much cooler would this have been if hot toys had made it"?

I think Hot Toys have stolen a little part of my soul :lol

Bob

SNAP! Iron Man MkIII was my first figure 6 months ago I have 23 of them now :google theres no escape!

Haha. You're out of control, man.

I've been doing this about a year-and-a-half -- but I only buy high quality versions of very select licenses. The first figure I bought was SS Indiana Jones (after several years of regret on missing out on the Toys McCoy, I was very pleased to get an even better version for 1/4 the price).

I've bought an EB Bauer, HT BR Joker, HT DX Joker and HT Two Face (for $80, not full price) since then. I'm on board for a DX Batman, and a HT Reeve Superman this year -- so I'm looking at about 7 figures in 2 to 3 years.

There are a few others I'd jump at (if well made) -- John McClane (come on HT), Maximus (ain't gonna happen), or EB Tony Almeida (we'll see). I'd consider a DX Sparrow or a Jason Bourne. Maybe a Zod, Nich Joker or Keaton Batman. Other than that ... I don't see any other licenses I'd jump at.

SnakeDoc

I have 2 of the regular version preds.

Lucky git :censored

Around a month ago there was someone ebay selling BD pred 2, for around £200, if I had the cash I would have snapped it up. Annoyingly I didnt. Always the case, times when I have the cash theres nothing, times when I dont then I come across one.

Pred 2 predators are the only other ones I'm interested in, wouldnt give a rats arse whether it was BD or not, just to have a representation of it on my shelf would be awesome

Getting impatient waiting for T800 to be released. Its the only one I have on pre-order and can afford at the moment and need a collectible fix:lol:cool:

In all honesty the regular version Predator isnt that good nowhere near as good as the AVP predators however if you manage to get yourself a Predator 2 Elder your sorted beautiful figure which unfortunatly comes with a massive massive price tag.

Haha. You're out of control, man.

I've been doing this about a year-and-a-half -- but I only buy high quality versions of very select licenses. The first figure I bought was SS Indiana Jones (after several years of regret on missing out on the Toys McCoy, I was very pleased to get an even better version for 1/4 the price).

I've bought an EB Bauer, HT BR Joker, HT DX Joker and HT Two Face (for $80, not full price) since then. I'm on board for a DX Batman, and a HT Reeve Superman this year -- so I'm looking at about 7 figures in 2 to 3 years.

There are a few others I'd jump at (if well made) -- John McClane (come on HT), Maximus (ain't gonna happen), or EB Tony Almeida (we'll see). I'd consider a DX Sparrow or a Jason Bourne. Maybe a Zod, Nich Joker or Keaton Batman. Other than that ... I don't see any other licenses I'd jump at.

SnakeDoc

I had the toys mccoy indiana jones and his arabian horse (well it belonged to my father) and we sold it. I wont tell you what it went for as its a bit scary to thing somebody would spend that much cash on the figure. The sideshow version is very very good (i still prefer the toys mccoy version but for the price difference its an excellent figure)

When you say Predator 2 do you mean the regular version, the Elder or the battle damaged version? I have 2 of the regular version preds.

When I say Predator 2 I mean the standard Predator 2 figure.
Either version is good.

I am about to buy another Hot Toy today but if you say you have a Predator 2 for sale. I am very interested. :)

The Hot Toys Blade figure just arrived at my doorstep and i must agree with most of the people here in this forum who has commented on Blade's head........it's pretty cool:joy

I just ordered the Iron Man Mark I...any reviews on it?

Iron Man Mark 1 is a wicked figure man, you will not be dissapointed.

I wonder would they ever consider making a Kurgen from Highliander figure!

I would imagine this has been discussed already!

I absolutely love my Hot Toys figures, but damn if I don't hate it when this happens!

HBKnee1.jpg

Exact same thing happened to Abe :banghead

Abeleg1.jpg

and I suspect Batmans knee has gone too, but I don't fancy trying to remove the rubber suit to see.:monkey2

Now where did I put that superglue...?

I absolutely love my Hot Toys figures, but damn if I don't hate it when this happens!

HBKnee1.jpg

Exact same thing happened to Abe :banghead

Abeleg1.jpg

and I suspect Batmans knee has gone too, but I don't fancy trying to remove the rubber suit to see.:monkey2

Now where did I put that superglue...?

Exact same thing happened to my hot toys hellboy and abe ..say how much would an abe be worth on ebay with a broken leg ..i gotta sell abe, t600 , and edward scissorhands asap.

Back