A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody like the Dastan figure or was it just a total fail from HT?

IMO it isn't a total fail but a missed opportunity. From the shoulders down the figure is really impressive in either outfit. From the shoulders up average at best. I wouldn't pay full price but overall glad I have it in my collection.

Im having trouble to decide what figures I should this year. At the moment I have only bought Barney Ross and preordered DX Bruce Lee...but there are many good figures coming soon, it has become a hard decision. What are you planning to buy guys?

Im having trouble to decide what figures I should this year. At the moment I have only bought Barney Ross and preordered DX Bruce Lee...but there are many good figures coming soon, it has become a hard decision. What are you planning to buy guys?

I'm planning to get Thor and Jack Sparrow DX for now.

I'll most likely get the Captain America fig too, so I will have 3 Avengers already :)

Those are 3 must buys for me.

Atm i have on pre-order:

Ghost rider
Thor
Odin
Spiderman
Tracker

I'll be getting CR superman and Captain America when they are released as well as any other DC or Marvel figs, and possibly a Classic Pred from Predators if they make him.

I wouldnt mind getting Dastan just for the body. Would be good fodder for a custom.

As for me, I have DX Indy, DX Jack and Spidey on PO. Waiting to see what Captain America is going to look like, but Im thinking I may wait for the more modern "Avengers" film version of him though...

I'm getting all the Iron Man figures b/c i'm a huge Iron Man fan. The detail on these figures are awesome. Thor and Odin I want but haven't PO yet.
Waiting on the DX Indy, DX Jack, DX Bruce Lee, GR.
Still need to pick up Barney Ross and the Platoon figures.

I think you should pick him up now. Get on the WL at SS for the EX, I heard its been converting quite quickly. It comes with heaps of accessories so you have a lot of posing options. It will be much harder to come by later on at a decent price.

I dont know if I should get Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider was the first ever comic book I bought so I have a soft spot for old Flame Head. I try to get mostly everything GR and this will be no exception.
Still need to find the LSB for a decent price. If anyone has one and is willing to part ways with it, please PM me.

I've got a fair amount of HT figures on preorder:

DX Jack
DX Bruce w/ SSC exclusive :rock
Tracker Predator
Thor
Spiderman
Ghost Rider w/ Hellcycle
Sam Flynn w/ Lightcycle (not fully sold on this guy yet... the design's cool and the film was entertaining, but it was really only featured in one [admittedly cool] scene, and the figure's useless without the bike)

I'll probably preorder the DX Indy soon too; I'm not totally sold on the figure yet, but I do still think that it looks terrific overall and am confident that HT will iron out most of the issues that have been raised.

The one thing that's bugging me, and probably many others, is the rising cost of these figures, most notably Indy and Jack. Sure, Indy has a bunch of accessories (yet only one headsculpt), and Jack has an intricate outfit and a giant wheel, but I don't see enough otherwise to call for such a price hike over Bruce.

I've got a fair amount of HT figures on preorder:

DX Jack
DX Bruce w/ SSC exclusive :rock
Tracker Predator
Thor
Spiderman
Ghost Rider w/ Hellcycle
Sam Flynn w/ Lightcycle (not fully sold on this guy yet... the design's cool and the film was entertaining, but it was really only featured in one [admittedly cool] scene, and the figure's useless without the bike)

I'll probably preorder the DX Indy soon too; I'm not totally sold on the figure yet, but I do still think that it looks terrific overall and am confident that HT will iron out most of the issues that have been raised.

The one thing that's bugging me, and probably many others, is the rising cost of these figures, most notably Indy and Jack. Sure, Indy has a bunch of accessories (yet only one headsculpt), and Jack has an intricate outfit and a giant wheel, but I don't see enough otherwise to call for such a price hike over Bruce.

:lol And I thought I was bad having 3 on pre-order. :lol

Though Ill have more to PO once they show Sweeney Todd, Superman, BabyDoll, 1989 Batman and Joker....

:lol And I thought I was bad having 3 on pre-order. :lol

Though Ill have more to PO once they show Sweeney Todd, Superman, BabyDoll, 1989 Batman and Joker....

I got into HT just a few months ago, and after paying premiums to secure some of my more coveted figures, I guess I've decided to compensate by preordering anything that I'm remotely interested in. :lol

I realize that I've fallen prey to their business model, but the way I figure it is that I can sell off some of these guys one day if I choose to, and oftentimes for a higher price than I actually paid.

I got into HT just a few months ago, and after paying premiums to secure some of my more coveted figures, I guess I've decided to compensate by preordering anything that I'm remotely interested in. :lol

I realize that I've fallen prey to their business model, but the way I figure it is that I can sell off some of these guys one day if I choose to, and oftentimes for a higher price than I actually paid.

Which ones have you acquired recently? I'm still looking around for some grails myself.

Back