A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received T-1000 the other week. Should have War Machine coming soon since it is now released. But I'm thinking I may just sell it on because I don't think it's a figure I really want or need. Just not as blown away by it as I was hoping. Still looks awesome though, just not for me I suppose. Shall see. If I do sell, I will use it to fund a future release I have more interest in.

Ya the bike from Tron would be awesome .. .kill bill would be cool, think the only fig i would get from that line would be GoGo:)

i always check out this thread and i just registered today hahaa... for 1 year... when i was in college i collect mcfarlane due to it's sculpt... and last year my wife gave me venom rah...( he's my fav)that's how i was introduced in 1/6. 2nd is joker dx and that was it... i'm glad i sold all my mc farlanes... hot toys is the way to go!

the answer to the quiz...( hot toys surprise 0

mj smooth criminal
superman (everybody knows that)
new batman
matrix

and the unveiling of spiderman3

Received T-1000 the other week. Should have War Machine coming soon since it is now released. But I'm thinking I may just sell it on because I don't think it's a figure I really want or need. Just not as blown away by it as I was hoping. Still looks awesome though, just not for me I suppose. Shall see. If I do sell, I will use it to fund a future release I have more interest in.

Well I'm sure with his current preorder status as sold out for some places you'll have no issues moving him once you get him. I've never owned a 1/6 IM figure so I'm pretty excited for this one and the MK IV.

Ya the bike from Tron would be awesome .. .kill bill would be cool, think the only fig i would get from that line would be GoGo:)

I'm not sure Tron will even be good...deep down I'm hoping it's not because that will kill my interest for buying any of the figures :lol. However, it's the one movie coming out soon that I am TRULY excited to see...can't wait, and with that said I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to not purchase at least one figure. The bike would just be so tempting as well.

I really would only want the Bride from KB. Possibly an O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu) I suppose. It's not a license that I think they would need to make any more than one from...would love a 1/6 Bride though.

i always check out this thread and i just registered today hahaa... for 1 year... when i was in college i collect mcfarlane due to it's sculpt... and last year my wife gave me venom rah...( he's my fav)that's how i was introduced in 1/6. 2nd is joker dx and that was it... i'm glad i sold all my mc farlanes... hot toys is the way to go!

the answer to the quiz...( hot toys surprise 0

mj smooth criminal
superman (everybody knows that)
new batman
matrix

and the unveiling of spiderman3

:welcome1:

I feel sorry for your wallet....mines been DOA since last December when I bought my DX Joker...all downhill from there.

Last HT I got was T1000 which was about a month ago. Truly great figure.

I got War Machine and Berserker on PO so here's hopeing they get here before xmas.
I think my girl has T1 on PO for Xmas too. Hopefully that will get here too.
Currantly trying to raise some cash for Mark 6 and Falconer.

But being honest, I could do without want any more stuff to be released this side of Xmas.

Last HT I got was T1000 which was about a month ago. Truly great figure.

I got War Machine and Berserker on PO so here's hopeing they get here before xmas.
I think my girl has T1 on PO for Xmas too. Hopefully that will get here too.
Currantly trying to raise some cash for Mark 6 and Falconer.

But being honest, I could do without want any more stuff to be released this side of Xmas.

Hey Eamon please tell me more about these "Hot Hoys":wink1::lol

So good news ..Angolz just got ezio back in stock and landa has just switched from "pre-order" to "add to cart" ..my order status is "Processing ,collecting items" ..should get my delivery notice email any day now:).
I also contacted the guy who i got t1000 and IV on pre-order from ..he has my t1000, but the plan was to have it ship with mark iv ..i may just get him to send it out by itself as i believe it will be a while before the iv is released.

Any News of Hot Toys Matrix figures ? They did a Neo about 7 years ago from their vintage famous type series.

4201842960_1d254ae9e1.jpg
[/url]
Neo - The One by 1/6th shooter[/IMG]

Last edited:
I have wondered the business sense of that too.

Perhaps they are able to license single-figures at a reduced cost.

Hmm good point. I would understand 300 since all the Spartans would look the same, especially with their helmets on. So King Leonidas would be sufficient. Then again, there's Xerxes, but I'm not sure how marketable that'll be. Also, the only accessory I can think of to accompany the character is his mobile pedestal/throne. Female characters tend to be weak, so perhaps that's the reason why they didn't bother with Queen Gorgo.

For X:O, perhaps they thought that wolvie would be the only marketable character. Gambit even just got relegated to being the head of their TrueType body package.

Sorry to go off topic, but didn't want to ask this anyplace else...

I was wondering how much HT artists get paid, and how they get paid, ie per figure, per contracted period etc.

With each HT release I am more and more amazed at what a class outfit they are. The official pics for a new release come out and I'm finding myself wanting figures I didn't think I would want, they are that mesmerizing.

It had me thinking, would working for Hot Toys be one of the best jobs in the world? I imagine their artists getting up and going to work and loving every minute of it. But I wouldn't do it for peanuts, especially given the quality and cost of the product that ends up on the shelves.

Any ideas if the artists are doing it for love but not much else? Or are they Ferrari-driving rockstars on the HK circuit?

Sorry to go off topic, but didn't want to ask this anyplace else...

Any ideas if the artists are doing it for love but not much else? Or are they Ferrari-driving rockstars on the HK circuit?

O they must be well paid .."if your good at something don't do it for free":)

Don't know if you guys have seen this, but here it goes:

149853_166373123386801_163819710308809_441852_7156340_n.jpg

The Stark head on the Iron Man body looks awesome. And Yulli is so pretty <3 ... :3

Anyways, the bruce lee body seems toned down a bit, or maybe it's the quality of the photo, I do hope it's tweaked.

haha.

Taken from "1/6 Action Figures Sharing & Loving" facebook profile. Mad props to him for posting.

Back