A figure of yourself

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
misfit138 said:
You can get a customized 1/6 figure head of yourself here:

www.andgor.com

That's the only place that I've found that does them. If anyone knows of any different ones, please post links.

Andgor doesn;t exist anymore. Oh, the site is still up, but they don't do business. I once ordered a head from them, before the BBB got a hold of them, and it took 6 months to get it, and I only got it by being a pest. That was a Dr. Lecter head. These guys are scum.

I made 1/6 figures of my wife and I to stand next to our Wedding cake.

That is so cool !!!
Thank you for the link.

About the Asian customs : I have seen photographs of repainted figures (they make the eyes so lifelike) but did not know they make a sculp of your face.

It must cost a fortune...

Does anybody has a mini-me - and if so , what about the quality? (I doubt it is like the Sideshows)

Hmph, AndGor is a local company about 20 minutes give or take from me. I was thinking about seeing if they could do a Dean Martin figure. I went over to the office to try to get an idea of if it was for real or not. Their neighbors didn't have nice things to say about them. That was the end of that.

To get back on topic...I wouldn't care to have an action figure of myself really. For one thing I have a big nose (but it isn't that noticeable because of my big head) this thing would be so top heavy it shelf dive even with a stand.

Agent0028 said:
To get back on topic...I wouldn't care to have an action figure of myself really. For one thing I have a big nose (but it isn't that noticeable because of my big head) this thing would be so top heavy it shelf dive even with a stand.

Freaking hilarious! :rotfl

Do NOT use Andgor for anything!!!!!
I cannot even believe I saw someone actually offer the link to them on an action figure oriented forum.
They are extreme ripoff artists. They have a file at the Florida BBB thats probably taller than some people here. They have had some of the most disreputable business dealings it has ever been my misfortune to be involved in. The real shame is they had some decent sculptors working for them and now those hgeads are unobtainable.

I tried contacting them for a couple of weeks once to see about purchasing one of thier figures... never answered the phone or returned calls or emails. Guess hearing about their BBB dealings I got lucky... too bad, as Ironman said they had some cool headsculpts, especially the sloth :monkey2

I've seen some members of the 501st with custom figs of themselves in their costumes. Always thought they were pretty cool. Some were just repaints but a couple I have seen looked like new sculpts as well.

Ironman1188 said:
Do NOT use Andgor for anything!!!!!
I cannot even believe I saw someone actually offer the link to them on an action figure oriented forum.
They are extreme ripoff artists. They have a file at the Florida BBB thats probably taller than some people here. They have had some of the most disreputable business dealings it has ever been my misfortune to be involved in. The real shame is they had some decent sculptors working for them and now those hgeads are unobtainable.

Yeah, I have heard nothing but horrible things about them.... Just a bad business in every way...:monkey4

STAY AWAY!!! Trust us...

So is there anywhere else that you can get maybe a bust of yourself?

I always thought this would be a great idea and funny too, to see yourself among your collection :eek:

I also became interested in their pitch several years back...and while waiting for a response to my emails which never came, I learned about the complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau. I've read plenty about these guys on many boards...NONE of it good.

People are commissioning professional sculptors every day, I would imagine getting a 1/6 portrait of yourself would be fairly easy although expensive. Figure about $250 - 1000 depending on the sculptor.

I plan on taking a shot at sculpting likenesses sometime soon. Im new to sculpting and still learning. After I try a couple and if Im successful I may offer it as a service. Although I'll have to learn to mold/cast first.
Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be capable of all this as Im hoping to sculpt my Grandfather/Grandmother and cast them for gifts to my fam for Xmas.

Even though its not a human likeness, here's the Hellboy Im currently working on.
HB-Headsculpt.jpg

misfit138 said:
You can get a customized 1/6 figure head of yourself here:

www.andgor.com

That's the only place that I've found that does them. If anyone knows of any different ones, please post links.

misfit138
, Beware to all, "Andgor.com", was and still is a "major rip off"! That's why there no longer in business today! :thwak

occulum said:
I plan on taking a shot at sculpting likenesses sometime soon. Im new to sculpting and still learning. After I try a couple and if Im successful I may offer it as a service. Although I'll have to learn to mold/cast first.
Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be capable of all this as Im hoping to sculpt my Grandfather/Grandmother and cast them for gifts to my fam for Xmas.

Even though its not a human likeness, here's the Hellboy Im currently working on.
HB-Headsculpt.jpg

Man, that HB is fantastic.

BTW - if you need any guinea pigs for the human likeness - I'm down...

Back