A collectors worst nightmare...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyh84

Super Freak
Reaction score
Or one of them at least.... me and the wife are moving house, with a baby on the way we just dont have enough room in our current 2 bedroom house so are upsizing to a 4 bedroom place so I can have my own collectors cave - sounds like good news right? Wrong, because I'm dreading moving all my figures :gah:

I really dont want to box them all up and have to spend hours reposing them again at the other end, anyone got any tips for moving figures without going through this 3rd world problem?

If they are 1/6 figures, then remove the loose accessories and wrap each figure up in walmart bags and put several of them in a box. Accessories in a seperate bag or baggies.

Statues? Sell em....

Figures are easy, statues are the *****. Do what EvilFace said.

Also, if it's a close move, just do one load by yourself of just figures and statues. Then you can't blame someone else for breaking/losing anything.

Figures are easy, statues are the *****. Do what EvilFace said.

Also, if it's a close move, just do one load by yourself of just figures and statues. Then you can't blame someone else for breaking/losing anything.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Agreed on the above advice. And again, if they are statues, make sure to move them yourself! As also noted, if something happens and some breaks occur -you can be mad at yourself.

Guess I have a lot of moving to do by myself when my wife and I move next year.

If they are 1/6 figures, then remove the loose accessories and wrap each figure up in walmart bags and put several of them in a box. Accessories in a seperate bag or baggies

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

Just finished a move and this was the biggest headache I had too.
I just wrapped mine mummy-style and stacked them neatly in an empty dresser drawer.
I got about 25 of those suckers in there :lol

That's not a problem, at least not in comparison with the main one - clean-n-safe storage of collectibles.

Im having a similar problem; only I'm remodeling my garage and turning it into a collectible room. Putting in air conditioning, walling up the garage door (after taking it down of course) putting in windows, etc. My biggest issue is dust. I've already had to move everything inside the house, and will eventually have to move it back in the room. I have 26 years worth of Punisher collectibles as well. Plastic bags over my statues is how I went. Works good, especially for dust.

Or one of them at least.... me and the wife are moving house, with a baby on the way we just dont have enough room in our current 2 bedroom house so are upsizing to a 4 bedroom place so I can have my own collectors cave - sounds like good news right? Wrong, because I'm dreading moving all my figures :gah:

I really dont want to box them all up and have to spend hours reposing them again at the other end, anyone got any tips for moving figures without going through this 3rd world problem?

In my experience, boxing, moving and re-arranging toys is one of the lesser pains-in-the-*** associated with switching houses. Loading up truck after truck with furniture, only to have to haul half of it up a staircase is much more gruesome.

SnakeDoc

Far from a worse nightmare. I can think of the following scenarios which would be more nightmarish:

1.) Wife, mother, other person giving away your toys to charity

2.) Water pipe bursting in man cave and getting entire collection soaked in water/ Flooding in room leading to collection damage

Yeah man I do this all the time in fact 90 percent of my collection is boxed 90 percent of the time.

Sometimes **** breaks, you glue it, fix it or whatever.

This isn't a problem

A house fire, or yeah a broken water pipe, a flood or hurricane. Yeah that's a problem.

Just buy some platic tote bins, and a crap load of bubblewrap, some ziplock bags and you're good 2 go.I don't mind moving because you get to re-discover and evaluate your collection. Last time I moved I sold my Animated and movie Transformers.

I moved a couple of times and I like moving, I get the chance to put them in their boxes and dusting the **** out of them, I hate dust, so perfect chance to clean them up, quit being lazy and do it, best chance of not getting them damaged, you risk chances of loosing pieces, weapons accessories, and clothing or items in the figures that might come loose. I have close to 300+ figures so I prepared two weeks in advance before moving to do this, you need time, all the time you can get.

I've just done this myself this week. I was dreading it too. I resorted to getting a few suitcases, lining them with towels, placing the loose figures side by side, bagging up any small bits and pieces, and laying more towels over the top to keep them all from moving. As long as you keep the suitcases horizontal it's a good way of moving them easily :)

Back