A Bit Of Advice...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydralisk

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Well, I had to make a pretty tough collecting decision this week. Just recently, I became engaged to a wonderful, beautiful girl, and just this past week, we were approved for our first apartment together. While this is great news for us both, to do this and continue collecting the spectacular Star Wars pieces SSC is putting out right now is...unfeasible. So, its easy enough to go through and cancel Obi-Wan, Kit, Mace, and Qui-Gon, but Anakin is set to show up any time now.

Now, I've had several friends tell me to just flip Anakin on eBay and try to make as much of a profit as possible, but being a member of this board, with so many other Star Wars fans here, I thought it fitting to offer my Exclusive Anakin to someone here on the boards who may have missed out on him back in December for what I paid for him and whatever the shipping may be.

So, there is the question I pose. Do I flip it on eBay or offer it here? While it may be nice to make a little profit on it, it seems wrong somehow. Thanks in advance for any responses, guys.

Dance on, Chewie, dance on...
:chew

Whatever seems right to you is the way to go, if you do go the cancelling route I would offer him to a member here for cost you paid plus s/h.

If money is a real issue, flip it. Do what's right for you and your girlfriend.

Darth Loki said:
If money is a real issue, flip it. Do what's right for you and your girlfriend.
I gotta agree, generally I don't like the idea of people buying something solely to flip it, but in this circumstance that's far from the case. If it'll help you out, do it. Congratulations by the way.

Yeah man...If you don't need the money...sell it here.. if you NEED that money, especially in your situation... flip that thing on Ebay and make twice what you paid. No one will look at you in a negative light.

I've sold things on Ebay for profit too, but not usually SSC items. There is good money to be had. And when profits go to positive things such as this.. it's all good.

And Congrats as well on the engagement! :chew

Congrats first and foremost. I would suggest giving them up to a member here for your cost. That's some good karma coming to you and your special girl later down the road.

sell the figure and give the money to your future wife. sounds like she'll be in charge of all the money from now on.:rotfl

so, what hobbies is she giving up?:lol

after hearing all the horror stories about marriage, there is no way any chick could get me down the aisle(not that i'm any prize anyway):lol , unless it was monica belluci.

......good luck!:chew

captain sack said:
sell the figure and give the money to your future wife. sounds like she'll be in charge of all the money from now on.:rotfl

so, what hobbies is she giving up?:lol

after hearing all the horror stories about marriage, there is no way any chick could get me down the aisle(not that i'm any prize anyway):lol , unless it was monica belluci.

......good luck!:chew

:lol :lol
Yeah, I understand how you must feel Sack... I guess I'm just lucky... My Fiance is always cool about my little obsession, always cool with it as long as I don't put us in the poor house. She's even getting me a cool shelf to put my stuff on, that will be part of our living room area..

Every other girl I have met told me to keep that stuff "out of view".....like it was too strange to be in a normal home...:emperor

DarkArtist81 said:
:lol :lol
Yeah, I understand how you must feel Sack... I guess I'm just lucky... My Fiance is always cool about my little obsession, always cool with it as long as I don't put us in the poor house. She's even getting me a cool shelf to put my stuff on, that will be part of our living room area..

Every other girl I have met told me to keep that stuff "out of view".....like it was too strange to be in a normal home...:emperor

My girlfreind is pretty understanding too...the only thing she got pretty pissed about was my 1:1 Legend bust.....I had just got done telling her we didnt have the money for a new stove and then I turned around and doped $900....she was not amused....it was kinda funny but she was pissed for a while:lol

Most definitely, congratulations, and I wish you two the best!! But like several members said, if you do need the money, ebay it. If your morals surpass your desire for money, then I'm sure a forum member would be delighted to buy it from you. But then again, it all boils down to what you want to do; take care of you and your significant other first......Not to seem one sided, but you wouldn't happen to be selling a Luke, would you?:D

Melvin, I'm sure you do want it, but we have to see what he wants to do regarding selling it. If he does decide to sell it to a forum member, best of luck to you.

Would you sell your house for what you paid or current market value?

It's a sold out item and in demand. Flip it and get as much as you can.

Back