89 Jack Joker sculpt by Imaresqd1 Edition Closed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Jack Nicholson Joker sculpt by Imaresqd1 Order Thread

Judging by this latest announcement, I highly doubt Hot Toys will disappoint with their headsculpt or headsculpts. No one can say for sure which one will be better considering HT probably hasn't even started on it yet.

I'm sure they paid GOOD money to get Nicholson's likeness license, as well as the whole '89 gig. I doubt they slack off and waste their hard earned $$$.

I'm no Hot Toys loyalist but they have improved with each new release. By the time they come out, Joker and Batman should be amazing.

Anyway, I don't think I ever commented in here before. That is an EXCELLENT custom sculpt, you've really brought out Jack Joker's main features.

Iwould have bought it but it's a little too rich for my blood. Not that I couldn't afford it, I just wouldn't feel comfortable throwing down that much cash on a head. But, taking into account the materials, tools and time needed to produce each head, as well as paint them, I'm positive the price you have is the amount it cost for quality, no doubt about that.

Good job.

I lol at those that dont believe Adam is better than ANY HT sculptor - somebody please post side by sides of his Bale and HTs numerous attempts at him, let alone the jokers

Something to consider, and I'm not taking a shot at Adam, but these people at Hot Toys are on time restricting schedules, Adam can do nothing but sculpt Joker after Joker after Joker taking as much time and as many trys as he needs to get it right.

They need to get it done by x date so they can begin the next character/actor and meet that date or they lose there job.

Point taken, and I do expect HT to do a great job on this, but again due to whether their deadlines or simple lack of attention to detail that a custom sculptor with Adams talent can provide, I don't expect their effort to match Adams - lets see what they come up with

Last edited:

Judging by this latest announcement, I highly doubt Hot Toys will disappoint with their headsculpt or headsculpts. No one can say for sure which one will be better considering HT probably hasn't even started on it yet.

I'm sure they paid GOOD money to get Nicholson's likeness license, as well as the whole '89 gig. I doubt they slack off and waste their hard earned $$$.

I'm Sure the INDY license was not cheap and that ain't Harrison Ford they got goin' there...

I'm Sure the INDY license was not cheap and that ain't Harrison Ford they got goin' there...

I bet you the final product Hot Toys Indy kicks all kinds of ass.

People aren't taking into account that those shots were of a prototype, behind a glass case with reflections, in a dim room with a white light base that skewed all the features of the face.

We'll see. That prototype doesn't matter, the actual figure we all get, does.

I bet you the final product Hot Toys Indy kicks all kinds of ass.

People aren't taking into account that those shots were of a prototype, behind a glass case with reflections, in a dim room with a white light base that skewed all the features of the face.

We'll see. That prototype doesn't matter, the actual figure we all get, does.

:goodpost:

This will look much better in the Toy Hunters display window I feel.

Although brightly lit there too, they really showcase HT figures the best I feel, until in hand pics turn up.

:goodpost:

This will look much better in the Toy Hunters display window I feel.

Although brightly lit there too, they really showcase HT figures the best I feel, until in hand pics turn up.

Yes, agreed, but back to the point... i'm still not convinced HT's final Jack joker would match this one. But we shall see

Going slightly off subject here but i thought hot toys t2 figure was very good. Then i saw adams t3 bd sculpt.
That sculpt is insane.

Surprised to see so many people dropping off the list. :huh

The Hot Toys out fit will be awesome, and this head will be epic. All of Imaresqd1's Heath heads are better than the HT head, and with the HT outfits the are awesome! So the combination will be epic.

In a way I would expect more people would want the head as they don't have to worry as much about paying for the custom clothes. :dunno

i love hot toys...for getting me off the waiting list, and onto the main list!
:yess::yess::woo
:rock:rock:rock

:hi5:

Well, you clearly have not seen Adam's work in hand.

I predict a flood of demand for this head, once HT's head is out and in hand, and people make in hand comparisons. :)

:exactly:

I lol at those that dont believe Adam is better than ANY HT sculptor - somebody please post side by sides of his Bale and HTs numerous attempts at him, let alone the jokers

Somebody less lazy than me should indeed do this...

Something to consider, and I'm not taking a shot at Adam, but these people at Hot Toys are on time restricting schedules, Adam can do nothing but sculpt Joker after Joker after Joker taking as much time and as many trys as he needs to get it right.

They need to get it done by x date so they can begin the next character/actor and meet that date or they lose there job.

This is true, but all that matters is the end result. If Adam can take his time and create a better likeness than the reason is irrelevant.

In the end, even if the HT sculpt is every bit as good, I am hoping to be able to bash a second figure with whatever extra clothes are provided. :)

Surprised to see so many people dropping off the list. :huh

The Hot Toys out fit will be awesome, and this head will be epic. All of Imaresqd1's Heath heads are better than the HT head, and with the HT outfits the are awesome! So the combination will be epic.

In a way I would expect more people would want the head as they don't have to worry as much about paying for the custom clothes.

It shouldn't surprise you.

It all comes down to $$$. What are more people going to be interested in, a fantastic $150 plus custom head or an official $150 plus FIGURE with a great head, clothes, accessories etc.

Yeah it doesn't surprise me at all.

Adam has done a great job on Nicholson and i would def love to paint on of these guys however i think Hot Toys will do a great job with theirs heck the old Billiken Joker kit had a great likeness to Nicholson and that was done years ago.

EDITED post.

I chimed in on the - they are better because they are "professionals" because of it being an issue I find irritating but have removed it because it is irrelevant to this thread.

Last edited:

I would love to see Adam take on Harrison Ford as Indy

Why? Its a nice sculpt but if Adam were that good he'd probably be working for a HT kinda company. No offence at all to his sculpting abilities which are solid but Hot Toys are a team of the best professional sculptors in the world. I don't get the mindset that theyd have a difficult time one upping a guy sculpting in his spare time. The paint will certainly be great and it could end up with PERS we don't know anything about it yet. :dunno

Adam's in art school, and if you've actually ever seen his work, you'd know it blows Hot Toys out of the water. Adam's work looks as though you're looking at a real life human being, whereas Hot Toys work looks like you're looking at a very nice doll.

Here's a sculpt of Heath's Joker that I bought from Adam.

DSC04378.jpg

DSC04352.jpg

DSC04293.jpg

DSC04287.jpg

And here's Hot Toys DX and Bank Robber sculpt.

DSC04482.jpg

Now please, tell me which one is better.

Adam's work actually looks like a real live miniature version of Heath Ledger. Hot Toys looks like an awesome doll. There's no comparison really.

I can understand wanting to spend the same amount on a fully complete figure rather then a head sculpt. I'm not knocking anyone for that. Money doesn't grow on trees. But I can as well understand spending the same amount or more on just a head sculpt from Adam, as there's no comparison in the quality. What I would do is, buy Adam's sculpt and also buy the Hot Toys figure for the outfit and body and then switch the heads out.

Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy :lol

Back