[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] SNAKE PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB • TRAINING DAY • BOND x2

Nice work on the bonds!!

thanks much platty :)

Just a phenomenal job David I especially like your work on the hands. :clap

thanks much sirgor :) the hands are pretty time intensive really - lots of layers, veining, cuticles, nail sheen, etc. but i think it's worth it in the end :) everything is painted except the inside of the pistol hand to reduce risk of abrasion and flaking - impossible to tell once the figure is set up :)

Last edited:
Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] SNAKE PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB • TRAINING DAY • BOND x2 • FOX

Liking what I'm seeing.

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] SNAKE PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB • TRAINING DAY • BOND x2 • FOX

i started a second one at the same time - maybe 40% or so - same technique, same layered approach - it's just easier to work on one head at a time after i get to a certain point, then i just go back and recall what i did for the other one.

Last edited:

almost finished with this one and a few others are closer to completion - just need to charge my camera battery :)

Rick is looking good. I like the highlights on the hair. Gives the appearance of individual strands.

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB • TRAINING DAY • BOND x2 • FOX • GRI

Really like the different lighting pics you do for each sculpt!

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB • TRAINING DAY • BOND x2 • FOX • GRI

Really like the different lighting pics you do for each sculpt!

thanks man :) i think it's the best way to give a real feel for what the sculpt looks like in hand :) best possible scenario would be hi def video on a rotation table in my opinion.

sculpt: creg customs
matched to customer provided hand sample

Rick is looking very good! :clap
Any news on JP Chris Redfield?

Rick is looking very good! :clap
Any news on JP Chris Redfield?

thanks :) getting to those really soon :) i think i'm finally ready to do them justice as i was having trouble with that sculpt :)

thanks :) getting to those really soon :) i think i'm finally ready to do them justice as i was having trouble with that sculpt :)
Yes please! the color of the body TTM 19 :)
really looking forward to it

Love the facepaint on that Joker, the smeared paint looks fantastic.

Yes please! the color of the body TTM 19 :)
really looking forward to it

no problem d-9 - that seems to be the defacto body for this from what i understand :)

Love the facepaint on that Joker, the smeared paint looks fantastic.

thanks ted - i post the detail shots to give a better feel for the make-up applications under macro scrutiny :) though, i worry that the pictures misrepresent the eye placement a little bit. to my eye, the sockets are rendered squinty so it was a thought process to get to this point. it looks better in-hand, so it's bothersome when i can't capture it photographically. my preference would've been a side looking gesture like this one i did awhile ago. i think it adds something a bit different to the portrait - more brooding maybe? dunno. i just like the placement more :)

Last edited:

Some mean looking paint apps here....

That makes a lot of sense, I see what you're talking about. It's cool to hear your thought process on painting these sculpts. I like that side looking placement too, I actually display my Joker with his eyes to the side, whenever I think of Joker I think of an expression his eyes are to the side.

Some mean looking paint apps here....

thanks a lot man :)

That makes a lot of sense, I see what you're talking about. It's cool to hear your thought process on painting these sculpts. I like that side looking placement too, I actually display my Joker with his eyes to the side, whenever I think of Joker I think of an expression his eyes are to the side.

i usually try to think things through but it's still very subjective at any rate :)

dana scully

sculpt: sean dabbs

Last edited:
Back