'78 Myers - HCG

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had read some not super reviews on this which kept me form ordering for a long time. However, I couldn't stand not having a Michael in my collection so I bit the bullet.

I have to say, it's a lot better than people give it credit for. I am so happy I went ahead and bought him.

If anyone is on the fence but still seriously considering, I would just do it! I'll get a couple of shots once the sun comes up.

I have to move shelves because he's a tiny bit too large for the regular Besta squares. So I put him on this shelf for now just for the photos.

IMG_1316.jpg
IMG_1309.jpg
IMG_1315.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg

I had read some not super reviews on this which kept me form ordering for a long time. However, I couldn't stand not having a Michael in my collection so I bit the bullet.

I have to say, it's a lot better than people give it credit for. I am so happy I went ahead and bought him.

If anyone is on the fence but still seriously considering, I would just do it! I'll get a couple of shots once the sun comes up.

Congrats:clap, glad you like him. I was starting to think you were having second thoughts about picking him up.
Great pics by the way!

Definitely had second thoughts all of this time due to popular opinion. However, glad I eventually went with my gut and got him. Thank you!!

I have to move shelves because he's a tiny bit too large for the regular Besta squares. So I put him on this shelf for now just for the photos.

View attachment 365240
View attachment 365241
View attachment 365242
View attachment 365243

I'm sorry but I have to say the mask/hair sculpt is really bad. The chin, crooked nose and overall blocky look. I don't see anything that looks "high end" except maybe the price. I'll stick with my McFarlane repaint for now. But hey to each there own. I'm happy for those that like it.

Attachments

• 1 mm9.jpg
    1 mm9.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 1 mm7.jpg
    1 mm7.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 78
While I personally don't like this statue, I really dislike it when people dump all over on something that someone else happens to like. If you're happy, that's all that matters. It's your collection, after all.

I very long time play with idea about buy this statue ... I realy want this character and only hcg doing this statue. With right price i definetely buy this so maybe one day ;)

While I personally don't like this statue, I really dislike it when people dump all over on something that someone else happens to like. If you're happy, that's all that matters. It's your collection, after all.

I couldn't agree more. Some might think that the McFarlane looks like a cheap toy but that wouldn't be nice to say either.

If I could snag this statue for $250 or less I would buy it. Not the most screen accurate but it's pretty damn obvious who it is. Lol

Regarding some of the posts a page back - my motto is that as long as you like it, that's all that really matters. The general consensus of any forum won't alter how much I do or don't like something. There's plenty of things in my collection that, while somewhat rare/limited, most here would probably consider junk. :lol

I very long time play with idea about buy this statue ... I realy want this character and only hcg doing this statue. With right price i definetely buy this so maybe one day ;)

If I could snag this statue for $250 or less I would buy it. Not the most screen accurate but it's pretty damn obvious who it is. Lol

Regarding some of the posts a page back - my motto is that as long as you like it, that's all that really matters. The general consensus of any forum won't alter how much I do or don't like something. There's plenty of things in my collection that, while somewhat rare/limited, most here would probably consider junk. :lol

:rock

And I do agree that he would be more worth it at a $250 price point but I just couldn't take not having a MM anymore. I'm looking forward to the new 'freaks prospect.' Those keeping up with the horror thread will know what I mean.

I couldn't agree more. Some might think that the McFarlane looks like a cheap toy but that wouldn't be nice to say either.

Seriously I wasn't trying to offend anyone just giving my opinion on the statue and yes there are many comments on threads of NECA and McFarlane being considered cheap toys but it's hard to deny the sculpts on their 18" '78 Myers were/are superior. I'm more upset that after waiting for a new licenced 1/4 scale '78 MM that this is all we get. I mean did HCG even bother to use reference pictures?

Back