7" Arkham Asylum Figues Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batfan08, 'It's time to break your one rule....' :lol
Seriously though, you are missing out on a great line. These are without a doubt the best figures DCD have ever made. The sculpting and paint apps are a very high quality. As you pointed out too, the line has the possiblity of expanding even more after the new game is released, so there's a good chance of getting an almost complete rogues gallery.

the silversnail is getting more of series 1 july 27, so other comic shops should be getting more in the same day. I wonder how much they will go for, since stores have been jacking up the price due to popularity.

the silversnail is getting more of series 1 july 27, so other comic shops should be getting more in the same day. I wonder how much they will go for, since stores have been jacking up the price due to popularity.

My BBTS order was shipped today it was 64.99+ like 9 something shipping :yess:

batfan08, 'It's time to break your one rule....' :lol
Seriously though, you are missing out on a great line. These are without a doubt the best figures DCD have ever made. The sculpting and paint apps are a very high quality. As you pointed out too, the line has the possiblity of expanding even more after the new game is released, so there's a good chance of getting an almost complete rogues gallery.

I want to, but with all of the cool Batman stuff coming out from Hot Toys, I don't know if I could even swing it. Hopefully, HT produces these eventually, but if I can, I might just pick these up. DCD needs to make some generic thug 3-packs as well.:lol

Oynrw.png

DCUC Joker and Robin two-pack announced.

SnakeDoc

so what's up with the two-packs? can we assume that DCD is going to release the same figures at higher quality than mattel?

DCD needs to make some generic thug 3-packs as well.:lol
Hell yeah! I'd buy at least 5 of those :lol
seriously though, they should make a Blackgate thug for one of the future waves, I'm sure he'd sell just as well as the other main characters.

so what's up with the two-packs? can we assume that DCD is going to release the same figures at higher quality than mattel?
I think it's safe to assume that they will eventually. We know they're going to release Robin now with Arkham City wave 1, and Batman in his new costume is pretty much a sure thing, so that just leaves Two-Face who I'm sure they wouldn't miss out on either.
I have the Mattel Two-Face for now to tide me over until we get a much better quality DCD one, and next to the other Arkham figures it looks really 'toy-like', so bring on Two-Face DCD!

So the Mattel figures are all going to be sold in 2-packs? if that's the case I guess I'll be forced to buy that Robin figure just to get the Joker.

The Joker/Robin figures will be a 2 pack.
Mattel originaly intended to make just 2 two-packs (Batman/Two-Face - Joker/Robin) but since SDCC they have now said they will expand on the (Batman legacy) line which will presumably include more Arkham City figures. We have already seen a Harley Quinn figure but no details yet on any more characters or if they will be 2-packs or singles.

Here's a better look at the Mattel Joker/Robin figure 2 pack:
222577_236140456418454_140262999339534_751824_8349624_n.jpg

223152_236140509751782_140262999339534_751827_4094963_n.jpg

Can't wait for DCD to reveal their Robin figure, 'cos these look terrible!!

Here's a better look at the Mattel Joker/Robin figure 2 pack:
Can't wait for DCD to reveal their Robin figure, 'cos these look terrible!!
Agreed. I can't quite understand why anyone would buy these given that the DCD figures are so much better, unless they're just impatient for those to be released.

But a DCD Robin would no doubt look cool.

I actually like that Mattel joker, not better then my DCD version, but it's still got something interesting going on with the head sculpt. and you can't deny the mattel Harley. thanks for the pics SFA.

That Robin would look much better if the hood was a sculpted part of the head. If it's part of the cape (as it seems) you can't remove it without removing the cape, so why not just make it one piece?

Reminds me of the old Hasbro Prequel Jedi with shell-robes.

I guess it would be an easy enough mod to slice the hood off and sculpt a hanging hood on to the back of the cape.

I actually like the Mattel Arkham City Batman. He's got a nice texture on his suit and the headsculpt looks very close to the digital model. The Two-Face isn't as cool IMO but I'm all for two companies making figures (three once the Play Arts are released). I'm a sucker for licensed games and they usually suck. AA is probably my favorite comic/licensed game ever and it uses my favorite Batman and Joker actors of all time. There can't be enough merch from this series to satisfy me.

Croc is definitely bigger than Bane in the game.
Also, if you read the game bios, they state that Bane is 6'8" when on venom and Croc is 11'. So the figure heights don't actualy seem that bad going by that.

2012 is definitely a long time to be waiting for him though, especialy since they have a finished version of him right there!
At least we'll be getting the regular sized figures before hiom to tide us over.

I haven't played AA in awhile but I could have sworn Bane was bigger but like I said it's been awhile so I could very well be wrong. Still the bios can be taken with a grain of salt anyways since Bane is well above 6'8" in the game.

Finally got Joker and Harley thanks to a call from my LCS. Rereleased with S.2.

Oh and the new Harley already has the arms/gloves on the correct opposite sides of the legs. :yess:

My series one set has FINALLY shipped from BBTS! I have no idea what the delay was, but I'm just glad I resisted overpaying for an AA Joker at Comic Con last week. I also just picked up Bane. The only figure from series two I felt was a must.

How's that for a 6,000th post? Underwhelming?

Yeah. I thought so too.

Back