7" Arkham Asylum Figues Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DCD Arkham Asylum Series 2 figures are now available in hand on ebay in the UK! Mine are coming tomorrow :D

Got them in this morning!!

First thing I noticed when I opened the case was how heavy Bane was - this guy is heavy!
Bane looks completely awesome in hand! The scale issue isn't as apparent in person either and I guess if he wasn't crouching he would be the size in the game anyhow.
Zsas was a suprise in terms of how much I like him - he's a great figure and nice to finally have him in plastic!
Armoured Batman looks awesome in hand too - the Batclaw is great and I love the cape.
Ivy is a fantastic looking figure, the promo shots really didn't do her justice - but articulation lovers are seriously going to hate her!
Overall I'm really impressed with DCD again in terms of the quality and paint apps on series 2.
Plus I got series 1 Batman into an awesome pose on top of Bane just like in the game so bonus points for being able to pull that one off :D

My regular camera is broken so unfortunately it will have to be crappy iPhone pics for now:

32c19f83.jpg

1-16.jpg

2-14.jpg

3-13.jpg

4-13.jpg

5-11.jpg

6-9.jpg

7-6.jpg

8-5.jpg

Great pics sfa! I really wanted to like Bane but his legs just look so damn puny. Even in the game they wern't that small plus the pose they're in makes it look like he's taking a dump. I'm usually not an articulation whore but really think this figure would have benefited from articulated legs. Ivy looks good as does Bats. Again it's a slight bummer her legs arn't articulated but then again she didn't have very many dramatic poses in the game so it's forgivable. Zsas looks ok but what is with DCD and their love of squatting poses for the series? It's more forgivable than Bane though since again it kinda fits Zsas' character from the game. Overall while the figure do look nice, from the pics (and I don't mean this as and insult to your photography skills sfa, I'm talking about the figures themselves) they feel like a step backwards compared to the awesome series 1.

^ Thanks Darth_Fatso, though I could have done much better pics if I hadn't dropped and broken my digital camera doh!

I can see where you're coming from regarding the figures though I do think that in person the quality of the sculpts and paint out-weighs the poor articulation and posing.
I've always preferred sculpt over articulation so for me the pre-posed stanses aren't a problem though I admit I would have preffered a little more on some of them.
I think as a stand-alone wave I would agree with you that series 2 doesn't rank as high as series 1, but once you put them all together I'd say they're pretty equal in terms of quality.

Ivy was the only one I was interested in, glad I passed, she just looks very dull, her hair isn't wavy enough imo. The hair sculpt sort of looks like an amatuer custom rather then a professional factory product.

Bane turned out better then I expected.

The hair needs more life and bounce, man I sound gay :lol but it just looks too flat on the figure imo.

poison.jpg

Poison-Ivy.jpg

PoisonIvy_BatmanAA_05.jpg

Here's a better look at Ivy's hair - It's clear they based it off the in-game character trophy model and I don't think they've done a bad job at all really considering the scale...
00-8.jpg

I still have series 1 pre-ordered on BBTS and they still haven't shipped now saying third quarter. I know they get stuff late, but geez.

I did reviews of all these figures. Please watch them:

Armored Batman: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2zcXi179AI"]YouTube - ‪Batman Arkham Asylum Batman (armored version) Review Series 2 DC Direct Figures‬‏[/ame]

Zsasz: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV2Y3nchwi0"]YouTube - ‪Batman Arkham Asylum Zsaz Review Series 2 DC Direct Action Figure‬‏[/ame]

Bane: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9h7y-ZuKGs"]YouTube - ‪Batman Arkham Asylum Bane Review Series 2 Dc Direct Action figures‬‏[/ame]

Poison Ivy: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBWoOVA8qu0"]YouTube - ‪Batman Arkham Asylum Poison Ivy Review Series 2 DC Direct Action Figure‬‏[/ame]

Overall very strong but not as good as series 1.

I was going to pass on Armored bats but now that I see these pics I'll might have to pick him up. I'll grab Ivy and bane is a must, he reminds me a bit of the left 4 dead tank.

Got my set today. They're quite nice. Bane is huge. Ivy is the most disappointing of the bunch ... but I've never been much of an Ivy fan, and haven't gotten to that part of the game yet. Armored Batman is actually quite cool looking, and remarkably distinct from the original.

I like that they made a Zsasz. Nobody makes him

Still don't have a Harley from the first set, though.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back